This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Very breezy this morning g but the sun is shining.
    We have a yellow warning for snow and ice.
    Nothing planned for the day, just to watch the rugby this afternoon.
    Hope everyone has a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,we also had some of that darned white stuff,thought i was seeing things,to wet to be outside,which just adds to feeling more depressed,no good looking at seeds,as nowhere to do what i want yet,been to windy to even think about the poly cover,i feel like i need some respite care,like go to sleep and wake up to things sorted out,this wind sure sorts out all the weakness in structures Thelma,take care all and try to Bgood2yrselves.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Well I'm on strike! Officially!

Fed up with the wind/rain/sleet/snow/sleet/rain again. I need sun. I do actually have one of those sad lamps but I'm too sad to remember to plug it in!

So, after examining the contents of the fridge and deciding we'd live to see another day without having to go out shopping in this weather, I got showered........then put clean jammies back on and I'm spending the afternoon in bed with the mutt lying on my feet and we're going to binge watch tv. Or at least I am, the mutt prefers to snooze and snore loudly.

I'm not even sorry. Or feeling shame.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
          .....i feel like i need some respite care,like go to sleep and wake up to things sorted out.........
          Person after my own heart! Big kiss > X

Comment

• Had a text from my eldest a few minutes ago, “ big snow little snow, little snow big snow”. I hadn’t realised until then that it was snowing.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Evening everyone
              Just had a lovely family dinner. One person cancelled and two extra came.
              Lovely surprise, good job I had enough food.
              Both my Grandchildren at the same time, priceless
              Have a lovely evening peeps
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good evening, a cold day again after church this morning it was a quick lunch and then went to visit a very sick friend,and while there we watched some huge waves hitting the shore, but for so Mr reason OH didn't want me to go and collect any seaweed then once home I went out to the greenhouse for a time and decided to make a new potting tray, I as about to head back into the house when there was a heavy shower of hail which kept me in the greenhouse for another ten or fifteen minutes, but fortunately its all gone now and its raining. Well have a safe week and enjoy your gardening. Goodnight
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Light frost this morning and lots of wind. Sun really bright already.

Busy, busy today. But I'm thinking of adding breadmaking (more seriously than currently) to my hobbies, so work is definitely going to be taking a back seat soon (day after tomorrow?).

Meanwhile, have a great day everyone. (Got the urge to end with kisses again. Anyway, you know what I mean.)

Comment

• Morning everyone, it’s sunny!
                    Not overly warm out of the sun, but doesn’t it make a difference to ones mood.
                    Off to town to sort out our bank account. Should be on the rant thread I know. I am never ever letting hubby loose on it again.
                    His grasp of what goes in is great, he knows exactly how much he draws out, but has no clue about direct debits and shopping bills.
                    Will be repairing the damage shortly.
                    Have a lovely day peeps, back to work for me later.
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny but freezing. Glad I'm on leave today, and tomorrow I may be off sick unless a quick recovery happens. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Sun! I have sun! Yay! Whoo! Zippedy doo dah and other such exclamations of joy!

It's freezing mind but you can't have everything.

I'm spending the day in limbo. I advertised a rather large item for sale and didn't have any takers until one man asked me to sell it for a lot less than I wanted. I refused but offered to meet him in the middle and I got no reply. Then 2 days ago he got in touch to say okay and he'd pick it up today but gave no indication of when and he hasn't replied to my emails asking for a rough time.

So I have no idea of when he's turning up or if he's turning up at all.

I really dislike being skint. If I had money I'd tell him to not bother and donate the thing!

Hope your day is calm and uneventful.
                        Last edited by gardening_gal; 11-03-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Mornings!
                          Sunny and cold this morning, still howling down the chimneys though!
                          My grandson has split his trousers so I've to get the sewing machine out this morning, and I'm making a batch of Cornish pasties for their tea - so better get a shift on.
                          Have a good'un

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                            Meanwhile, have a great day everyone. (Got the urge to end with kisses again. Anyway, you know what I mean.)
                            No don't know what you mean, please explain
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning all,sun and a breeze here,doing odd bits of all things nesessary to the hen place,not happy with the roof yet,the rain found all the little holes grrr,maybe have to paint with cold tar and felt it,i have been looking to see the easiest,cheapest way to deal with it,THATS what comes of using second hand stuff hehehehe,get well soon FF,NS mine has no idea of how things work,was always done by his mom,then me,i talk to him about what goes on,but in 1 ear ext,he just trusts me,so that is good,GG waiting in like that is no good for moral and mood is it lass,have a good day all,brake over,back outside.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning, again a cold morning along with squally showers which means I can't get out to the garden so have been trapped into cleaning the windows, I am sure OH has an obsession with clean Windows, which is fine as long as I don't get caught up in it and also waiting for my car to be picked up for repair, I was told mid morning now trying to work out when that is, well enjoy the rest of your day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X