Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to say I ventured out into the garden yesterday. Lots of weeds everywhere. I did cut a load of mint, but the extent of the work has me wondering if I can do it this year
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• ^^^oh no Flo! That doesn't sound good
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
        It's a grey start to the day here as well.
        Not doing any gardening today, painful shoulders from overdoing it in the last few days.
        Then had a tetanus injection which didnt help.
        Then went shopping with grandson in the buggy.
        Bought lots of groceries and then had to wheel the buggy home,, uphill.
        Giving myself a break, so going to cook instead,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Just surfaced as mutt took a turn during the night and we needed an emergency vet visit so I only got to bed at 6am. He's doing better now after a strong jab of antibiotics. Vet says she's never seen such a stoic boy, he just keeps wagging and fighting.

Sorry some of you are not having the best of times with aches and pains.

Florence are there any volunteers round your way that would give you an initial hand to clear the worst? I'd help for a cuppa tea and a scone if I was nearer.

We've just had a torrential downpour in the last fifteen minutes yet the sky looks clear now. I will never understand how weather can change so rapidly.

Have a decent day everyone.

Comment

• Had a nice trip over the border into deepest darkest Aberdeenshire to the garden centre, I have a loyalty card and they sent me a birthday voucher for free drinks and a Scone for 2. Didn't buy any garden goodies today, weather still got a touch of winter about it, still a bit of snow on the hills.

Comment

• Afternoon all. First email I got was from The Grapevine wishing me a Happy Birthday so that was a good start to the day. Thought I'd pop in just to say I'm missing all the chat and will be back soon. Hope you are all well and will see you soon. Jay x
              sigpic

Comment

• Early Evening All

Wallet £250 lighter after a trip to the dentist

No trip to the plots today as I had domestics....earnt myself a weekend pass though

Comment

• well yesterday was Birthday Party day for my better half's 90 year old Mother. Party was held in her Care Home with many other residents present. Jings it was hard going. Making tea, passing round trays of sandwiches, birthday cake, crisps nibbles and sweets. I went home exhausted.

Today I started off by sowing some cauliflower seeds to help a fundraiser for a local self help group. Next up was the first sowing of a couple of exhibition varieties. Caulies are the worst for trying to time so several sowings needed and the timing may still be wrong .

I've also sown some kale seed as well. It's all go

Comment

• Good evening, a mixed day today was out early this morning as my daughter needs to be in at her work early so I see to the boy's and take them to school and while task Goodnight hem in the car the temperature was 11c yet when taking OH shopping the temperature went down to 9c then the rain started, but by the time we were back home the rain was off but needed to collect the boys from school, fortunately their dad is home earlier on a Friday so was back home a bit earlier and managed to get some wood cut, after tea was out in the greenhouse where I sowed some chard into soil blocks, do hope my mix is a success. Well enjoy your weekend and happy gardening
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all,at least it's dry out,first job is to get a barrel in the tunnel and fill with water,anything else is,as and when,what i feel like,oooh,the sun is beaming through the window,it just poped over the roof tops,have a good day all,try to Bgood2yrselves.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, FF and all. Very bright and sunny here. Everyone now worried we're heading into another drought year. Feels a bit like here we go again...

Meanwhile, big new toy (food mixer) will be coming out of its box today. Goodness only knows where it's going to live. Mr Snoop being very understanding! Largely because he's been promised scones today. FF, was it you that had a new one recently? Any recipe recommendations for food mixer beginners? I've never had one before.

Lunch round at friend's place today. So that gives me plenty of time for seed sowing and food mixing. I think I might have got a life! Might need to change my signature below the line if this carries on.

Have a good day, everyone. Still thinking of you, Janie.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                            The sun is just peeking out from behind the clouds
                            Hope to be doing more weeding of the driveway today (a bit at a time)and more sorting cleaning indoors -weather dependant.
                            I spotted we are due some more frosts this coming week- once they are over I think I'll start sowing some beetroot,radish, spring onions and carrots under fleece.(we get frosts until early June so I need to be careful)
                            I enjoyed sitting out in the sun yesterday going through my seed packets and picking out the first ones for sowing
                            Gud feelin innit?
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornings!
                              I had some acupuncture yesterday, so slept a bit better last night, and have to go back for more on Tuesday.
                              Today I topped my porridge with pretty pink quince jelly which made me smile, it will be a pottering about day I think.....
                              Have a good'un

Comment

• snoop,no different recipe needed,so for the scones,put the stuff in the bowl as usuall,put in the wire thing,it cuts into the ingredients to make bread crumb look alike,it does do very quick,so do not over do it,just continue as you would by hand,the machine takes all the hard work out of it,also keeps the fingers clean and free for other things,advice is,start on the lowest speed,as you can end up sharing the mixture with your suroundings,been there done that,hehehe.

Hope you feel more relief TS,not nice is it.
                                Last edited by lottie dolly; 23-03-2019, 09:45 AM.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X