This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    Mince and onions with remains of yesterdays dinner,swede,cabbage and mashed potato. I bought lean mince which I thought would be healthier but without the fat content it seems 'stringy'?
    I agree about lean mince. I think it's the cuts of meat they use for the lean mince. I just buy the higher fat version and drain extra fat off after cooking if appropriate.

Comment

• Turkey kebabs with roasted sprouts and broccoli

bananas for pud
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I agree about lean mince. I think it's the cuts of meat they use for the lean mince. I just buy the higher fat version and drain extra fat off after cooking if appropriate.
        which way did it lean
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

• Breakfast: bacon sandwich, probably a fried egg for Mr Snoop.
          Late lunch: shoulder of pork (fake roasted in pressure cooker) with veg.
          Supper: leftover split pea soup.

Comment

• Turkey casserole with our own beetroot and French beans
            bananas and yog for pud.

Comment

• Lunch was (yet more!) soup. Broccoli and cauliflower.

Supper tonight will be Toad in the hole, Mash, Cauliflower and cabbage.

I seem to very much have a Cruciferous vegetable theme going at the moment...
              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
              - Henry Beard

Comment

• Pork didn't happen yesterday, too much work. Veggie burger and spicy lentils instead.

Very late lunch today: chicken with prunes from the freezer, assorted veg.
                Probably no supper as won't be hungry.

Bread.

Comment

• Lunch was the standard soup today (must have a change next week)

Supper will be Corned Beef hash and poached eggs.
                  - Henry Beard

Comment

• Veggie stir fry using cauli rice.

Apricots for pud

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
                      Lunch was the standard soup today (must have a change next week)

Supper will be Corned Beef hash and poached eggs.
                      I wish I'd read this before making my mind up what to have. I really fancy corned beef hash now but we are having jacket potatoes, mushroom omelette and a big mixed salad.

Comment

• Late lunch: the fake roast pork at long last with assorted veg.
                        Supper: carrot and apple soup.

Two loaves of bread: the one I started off last night and one for the freezer.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I wish I'd read this before making my mind up what to have. I really fancy corned beef hash now but we are having jacket potatoes, mushroom omelette and a big mixed salad.
                          Don't worry. You didn't miss much. not sure what went wrong, but it was awful, very loose and sloppy.

Today However, we have a Cherry tomato and mozzarella orzo bake.
                          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Tonight smoked cod baked in milk for my husband, lamb steak with mint jelly and gravy for me, potato gratin, carrots and cabbage.
                            If either of us wants pudding I grabbed a pack of extremely reduced, but still in date, deep fill mince pies in the little Sainsburys yesterday and they are really nice.

Comment

• Made Thomasina Miers' recipe for celeriac 'pasta' handkerchiefs with winter romesco sauce today, with a sprinkle of cobnut dhukka.

I'm not usually a fan of her recipes, but that was rather lovely and I shall have it again. As I still have plenty of celeriac on the allotment.

Comment

• Casserole served with peppered Savoy cabbage and peas
                                Clementines for pud.
                                ( is it me or are clementines extra sweet this year?)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X