Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^ dare I work out the calories?????

Tonight - veggie Thai noodle/soup followed by fresh pineapple
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Veggie chow mein and chips from the takeaway.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Due to events beyond my control (trip to A & E) we eventually got the fillet steak that I had planned but with just garlic bread and asparagus (mine) as time was of the essence and we were so hungry.

Comment

• Pork kashmiri last night, with fresh coriander, brown rice, salad and poppadoms.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Cauliflower gratin tonight, not homegrown sadly.

Comment

• Stir-fried pork in black bean sauce with assorted veg and rice noodles.
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Home made Pizza

Comment

• Tonight had to be something that my husband could eat easily with one hand. I settled on fish fingers, chips and peas with homemade tartare sauce. Trifle afterwards.

Comment

• Steak, Salad from the greenhouse, Baby corn and Mange tout.

I might be being blind but I can't see the recipe for this cake we're all raving about... and I do like a good cake

Would someone be kind enough to make it for me? Consider it an early birthday present? or failing that, share the recipe so I can make it myself
                    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

• Here ya go!

https://app.ckbk.com/recipe/twof6524...and-prune-cake

oh....if the link asks you to join then try gooooogling Danish apple and prune cake and look out for the one by the two fat ladies. ( Clarissa Dickson Wright)

Snoop may have a different link?

I didn’t bake mine for as long as it said, but that may be my cooker.
                      I didn’t have walnuts so used pecans and I only had one apple so used a pear in place of the second apple.
                      I also didn’t have enough ground almond so topped up the weight with ground hazelnuts.
                      And it was really yummy, so it does show you can tweak recipe !

OH said it’s the sort of cake you would be presented with in a high end afternoon tea shop.
                      Last edited by Nicos; 06-06-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Yesterday was our usual Saturday pasta and bol.

This evening we're having liver, bacon, mash potatoes, cabbage, carrots, peas and gravy.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I’m just fancying kidneys or liver .

We have defrosted a lovely piece of beef so that’ll be on the menu for today with Dauphinois potatoes, broccoli and beans.
                          Not sure about pud yet.

Comment

• I'm going to marinade some chicken for bbq , maybe Indian style to go with masala marinated belly pieces . Need to harvest more salad too.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Here ya go!

https://app.ckbk.com/recipe/twof6524...and-prune-cake

OH said it’s the sort of cake you would be presented with in a high end afternoon tea shop.
                              I've got the book, gift from my mum. The recipe in that link looks to be the same as the book. And yes, totally agree with your OH's view, Nicos. In fact, I said it's a bit of a palaver to make, but it's actually not that bad. The batter part could hardly be easier.

Pork loin fillets flip-flopped in ras al hanout and then in a crispy crumb coating with salad. Somewhat incongruously, mince pies and cream for afters.

Comment

• Due to my husband still only having one working hand this morning I decided on chicken curry and naan (only needs a fork). Thankfully, by this evening, he had a good one and a half hands but regardless the curry really hit the spot. He got more trifle for dessert.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X