X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Lucky you GF, the cold has set our asparagus back by week.
    Lunch, cold leftover curry. Tonight bulgar with celery, sweet pepper garlic greens salmon and cherry toms.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Yesterday chicken and vegetable curry with naan.

Tonight the first few asparagus spears with pork escalope, potato boulangère and carrots.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Lunch: chicken breast and salad with courgette fritters. Looking forward to our own courgettes...

Supper: probably sandwiches if I'm honest because it's breadmaking day today. Oh, and custards as I didn't make them the other day and the eggs need using up.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Lunchtime lotty snack of cheese and crackers with freshly picked lettuce, radishes, chicory and spinach.
    Tonight lentil and spinach curry with chapattis (and a bottle of Rioja reserva funnily enough..)

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post

Don't touch anything that isn't at least a Reserva and leave that on the shelf if there are any reasonable Gran Reserva's available. Also don't be in a hurry to open it.
    Maybe all the good ones get exported... I'm never in a hurry to open them. Not sure if that's the right emoji. Looking for a roll-eyes, that will have to do.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Teriyaki lime chicken thigh and veggie kebabs with feta beetroot lentil salad , green salad

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rand
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    ^ You've found a decent Rioja? Tell me more. The ones we get here by and large are thin. I grimace every time I see one in the wine rack and leave it where it is. I keep telling Mr Snoop they're not worth buying and he's coming round to my opinion.

Don't touch anything that isn't at least a Reserva and leave that on the shelf if there are any reasonable Gran Reserva's available. Also don't be in a hurry to open it.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Hot dogs and salad this evening.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    White wine drinker here- preferably with bubbles!

left overs for supper tonight . I really do prefer roast guinea fowl to roast chicken!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    ^ You've found a decent Rioja? Tell me more. The ones we get here by and large are thin. I grimace every time I see one in the wine rack and leave it where it is. I keep telling Mr Snoop they're not worth buying and he's coming round to my opinion. Ribera del Duero is a good one to try if you like a beefy wine. Not cheap here, so probably quite expensive in the UK by the time you add on all the duty. Me, I've grown accustomed to the 'hard' local wines, Terra Alta and the tiny villages round where I am that probably don't make enough to export. I could drink those for England!

Late lunch for us: lentil moussaka.
    Supper: some kind of soup. Was thinking lentil but that might be too much of a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rand
    replied
    Roast beef with roasted King Edwards parboiled and coated with SR flour, toasted sesame seeds, ground fenugreek and salt. Roast parsnips, boiled cauliflower and leeks fried in butter.

Acompanied with a bottle of Chateau neuf du pape. Nice, but I'm not certain that it's really worth twice as much as my normal higher-end Rioja.
    Last edited by Mark Rand; 18-04-2021, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Last nights tagliatelle with creamy parmesan sauce and all the fridge leftovers went down a storm. (Why don't we have this more often??)., was my husband's comment.

Tonight has been lamb shank, mashed potatoes and swede, carrots, roast parsnips, creamed leeks and gravy.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 18-04-2021, 07:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Turned leftover chicken in roast dinner , veggies, roasts and gravy.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Linguini, tom based sauce, red kale broad beans and salad

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Guinea fowl with jacket spuds and chopped cabbage.

poached pears for pud

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X