Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday was lamb shanks, roast parsnips, mashed potato, carrots and cabbage with gravy.
    Tonight I need something fast so it'll be mushroom omelette, homemade chips and salad.

Comment

• Lentil stew tonight I think (brown or green lentils, tbc).

Comment

• ^Snap, almost.

Delia's vegetarian moussaka with ricotta topping. Definitely brown lentils in our case. Mandarines for pud. And a glass or so of red.
        Living in north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep.

Comment

• Well...pasta has won

Looks like another evening off the diet
          ( and nope - I couldn’t possibly have a small helping)

Result....pasta rolled in duck and kale and onions in a creamy sauce
          and a token salad on the side.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• A spicy North African lamb and cauliflower curry with flatbreads on the side - though I have to confess, all the veg were shop bought, as I have finished last years onions and never grown a full sized cauli yet!

Comment

• So, all the talk of pasta has got me thinking and it's a really sunny day now, so plenty of electricity for the mixer:

Ravioli stuffed with roast pork and sausage for lunch. Salad with any luck. More mandarines for pud.

Supper: carrot and apple soup.

Possibly some tortellini stuffed with gorgonzola and walnuts for the freezer. Doubtful but possible.
              Living in north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep.

Comment

• Sounds yum snoop!

My pasta last night was delish...thanks for the heads up on that

Tonight will be steak , gratin dauphinois and either homemade sauerkraut or french beans.
                oranges for pud.

Comment

• Smoked cod baked in milk for my husband, lamb steak, mint jelly and gravy for me, potato dauphinoise, carrots and peas.

Comment

• Well...it has to be Haggis doesn't it?

I brought back a few this time last year and put them in the freezer.
                    Glad I did!
                    Last edited by Nicos; 25-01-2021, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• Didn't have salad and didn't have mandarines yesterday. Did have lots of ravioli... So, veg soup and plenty of other veg to make up for the dearth yesterday.

Comment

• Cheese salad sandwiches for lunch today

Supper will be some sort of curry. a mix of whatever veg i can find in the fridge
                        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Stew is bubbling gently in the slow cooker and I've mixed some Yorkshire pudding batter which is resting in the fridge. I made a Victoria sponge yesterday and Cornish fairings so I won't have much to do to make a meal tonight. I thought I had some haggis in the freezer too but I couldn't find it.
                          Last edited by greenishfing; 25-01-2021, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Stewing steak is doing its bit in the oven ad when softened enough I will make a steak and gravy pie for tea/supper.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• ^Smelling nice, Snadger, even from all the way over here.

Comment

• Baked cod and tomatoes.

And lots more soup. I can eat soup any time of day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X