Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch yesterday: pork chops and veg. Yummy and really quick in the pressure cooker.

Today: saltimboccas and veg (again in the small pressure cooker in next to no time, but I haven't jointed the chicken yet...); orange for afters.
    Supper: green soup.

Bread and custards.

Comment

• Due to the fact that my husband had an upset stomach last night and was still feeling unwell this morning we've just had poached eggs on toast and it will be milky rice pudding if he wants something else later. I, however, have been attacking the "sticky chocolate cake".

Comment

• Stilton burgers on homemade rolls with salad.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lamb casserole with barley and mashed spuds.
          blueberries for pud
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• For some reason, Nicos, I can't like your post above. This is the message that comes up:
            Error information: " 200 parsererror SyntaxError: Unexpected token : in JSON at position 1"

Meanwhile, way too busy for saltimboccas yesterday, as no time to cut up chicken. So will have them today and will also make chicken dopiaza for tomorrow and the freezer. Stock for soup too, so that's supper sorted pretty much as well.

Also bread and some more buns.

Comment

• Tonight smoked cod baked in milk for my husband, lamb steak with mint sauce and gravy for me, potatoes dauphinoise, carrots and a mountain of purple sprouting broccoli (just picked). I don't know what variety of seed it was but it has grown well despite no netting and complete neglect.

Comment

• Tonight Chilli, with 2lb of beef, 1 Carolina Reaper, 1 Yellow 7 Pot and 2 Aji lemon Drops.

Tomorrow, Goulash à la Hairy Bikers
                Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Sausages, poached egg on spinach with toasted polenta.
                  Does a lion bar pass as a pud or just being piggy?

Comment

• I'd have pudding and then the lion bar later!

Brunch at some point soon. Mr Snoop is getting antsy so better be very soon. 'Roast' chicken (fake, unsurprisingly in my case, done in the pressure cooker) with fake roast potatoes and assorted other veg for tea.

Comment

• Just had a brunch of smoked haddock with scrambled eggs, tomato and spinach on a homemade bap and I’m absolutely stuffed

Courgette and chickpea curry with rice tonight. I’ll make enough to freeze too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        JCourgette and chickpea curry with rice tonight. I’ll make enough to freeze too.
                        Brunch sounded good but can I ask about the curry. I never freeze courgettes, I just imagined they'd turn to mush. Do they freeze well, Nicos? Better cooked than raw?

Comment

• Didn't really cook today, but made celeriac remoulade (to have with some buttered sourdough)

Comment

• Yesterday was pasta bake, garlic bread and avocado and tomato salad. No idea what's for today, I must go shopping.

Comment

• We’re having pasta too tonight...with salmon and broccoli
                              I normally try and do something with leeks on St David’s day, but I’ll pick some daffs to look at instead

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

I never freeze courgettes, I just imagined they'd turn to mush. Do they freeze well, Nicos? Better cooked than raw?
                                I cut them into big chunks before cooking and generally dry ‘fry’ them . It seems to seal them and then they freeze fine.
                                yup...I think better than fresh ones.
                                They don’t stay in the freezer long though!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X