This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posted out some more seed swaps
    Sowed (yes, sowed!) some Early Onward peas into loo rolls, and celeriac into the heated propagator
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Painted one raised bed. Then it snowed on it

Sowed for the kitchen windowsill; parsley, sage, coriander, oregano.
      Sowed into progagator; florian strawbs, golden berry, tomatoes.
      Sowed into coldframe; beetroot (I am eternally optimistic), autumn calabrese, autumn green calabrese (really hope these 2 are different lol)
      Sowed one tray of radishes into coldframe.

Changed my mind about the peas when it snowed heavily, they can wait.
      Last edited by janeyo; 01-02-2009, 08:21 PM. Reason: forgot one

Comment

• Today I started chitting my earlies (eggboxes on the windowsill) and covered the raised beds in the back garden with fleece in preparation for the Siberian storm approaching.
        There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

• Brought my blueberries into the PVC greenhouse, worried that snow a few days after repotting might be bad for them! Bought my garlic and a few extra blueberries and cranberries plus a fig from Wilkos.

Comment

• Stood outside the back door,shivered ,filled the coal bucket,got some logs and went back inside.Oh noticed my garlics growing well and the snow drops are out.

Comment

• Visited a fellow plotholder at a different local site. Explored the site and chatted to a couple of gardeners. Recycled a car boot load of plastic and glass at t*sc0.
              Wrote some for my blog and uploaded some stories to email to my sister to read to my nephews at bedtime. Took my son to six a side football and stayed to watch despite minus temperatures.
              Owning a garden doesn't make you a gardener any more than owning a garage makes you a car.

Comment

• turnips, basil and some early lettuce seeded indoors, parsnip seeds soaking in some loo roll

Comment

• Yesterday I fleeced over Raised Bed 1 and secured in anticipation of weather (good job too). Also set first two pallets into compost bins (a retro fit) - very satifying. Today I have battened down my hatches and put the kettle on.
                  All the ideas just no gear

Comment

• Yesterday (Sunday) Went to the local farmers market. Larger bags of onions £1.50 !! Makes me wonder..
                    I bought a dozen new laid eggs £1.50
                    Today I cleared the drive of snow.Took dogs for a walk in the blizzard. Later we 'OH & daughter' built a snowman. The daughter is 19 today. The last time she had seen snow was 15 years ago...so still a novelty to her.
                    I also made a start on my Blog.
                    Never mind the TWADDLE here's the SIX PETALS.

http://vertagus.blogspot.com/ Annual seedlings.

Comment

• Well done Mr. Scott from Bristol!

I managed to sort a few more seed packets out of 'what I'm going to sow when', and I made a vat of Carrot and Sunchoke Soup from garden produce dug before the snow came!

Comment

• Having catalogued all my seeds and organised my sowing calendar, yesterday I cleaned the inside of my greenhouse (I thought the snow might insulate me from the temperature) and re-covered my brassicas from the wood pigeons (must remember not to bother uncovering them next year) and have the joyful task of pot washing today.

On having another look through my various catalogues wishing the evening away and identifying further items for a wishlist which including bubble wrap insulation, could someone please tell me if I were to be a secret sqquirrel and sneak the bubble wrap past Best Beloved for next winter, is it best to clean the GH before I put it up, or when I take it down?
                        (I'm a newbie, so pls excuse me if I've not posted to the correct board)

Comment

• I only managed 40 mins today as the pesky toddlie wouldn't go to sleep then ahd to go on school run. Prob a good thing as it was sooo cold out there.

I managed to move all the strawbs from the bed outside that will soon be re-done and raised and put them in the greenhouse, might get some eaely growth on them too.

And dug up most of the raspberries and put into pots for the year. Again their bed is being modified. Stil got a couple left to move though as ran out of time...

Tonight I will sow some more leeks for the coldframe.

Comment

• Done nothing exciting today, but want to congratulate Mr Scott from Bristol on a wonderful decision, and I hope he gets away with it.
                            Bob Leponge
                            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

• Sowed parsnips in 30 modules (posh name for toilet rolls in home made black plastic tubes!!). First seived the mixed compost and sand.
                              Sowed two troughs of carrots, all in greenhouse.
                              Took the snow off the top of the greenhouse. What a difference it made to the light.
                              Mind you it was lovely and quiet in there!!

Comment

• Managed to move the rest of the raspberries.

Sowed in the greenhosue a pot of spring onions.
                                Sowed into coldframe 2 trays of leeks.
                                Sowed onto windowsills; 8 globe artichokes, french marigolds, 2 trays of summer cabbage.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X