Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dug up 10kg JA's, picked the last of the winter cabbages (Tundra) and lifted two barrowloads of swedes for this weeks boxes.
    Went up to the walled garden and cleaned out the larger of the greenhouses and installed my hot tray and my industrial size heated propogator,
    Collected Iona from school and took her up for a guided tour of the new garden - she seemed suitably impressed by the two fig trees and the fruit trees and bushes. Then under my supervision she sowed 54 Gardeners Delight, 54 Golden Sunrise, 54 San Marzano, 54 Tumbling Tom Red and 54 Tumbling Tom Yellow tomatoes.
    Then she sowed 108 Charita lettuce - all now snuggled nicely in the propogator, set to 18 degrees.
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Today i passed my last ambulance driving exam, phew! I got home too tired to do anything other than look at my chillis (growing and some need pricking out and removing from the heated propergator,) & look at my new slim line window sill propergator and notice that my cues have started to come up! wow! that was quick!
      Bad news is i've found that the local lottie has already done giving out plots for this year and i've totally missed the boat, ho hum i'll keep trying.
      nee nar!
      Last edited by KellsSimon; 18-02-2009, 09:08 PM.
      Simon Of Kells

Comment

• I did over a bed - following Two Shed's guidance on another thread, I pulled out loads of creeping buttercup and chopped the roots. Also cleared other weeds and the bed now looks like it's all ready, just waiting for Spring.
        My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

• Went to good old wilkos and bought some compo and seed modules...they never let me down.

Comment

• Madmax has fixed the 1956 Philips valve radio that started his passion for all things valve-powered - he also helped me resurrect the fence between us and the neighbours (just to keep it garden-related).

*I am not allowed to take said radio out to the garden to enjoy
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

• Today I went to Aldi and got a couple of their windowsill propagators at a bargain £2.13 each, then on to B&Q and got two of their small heated propagators for £9.98 each.

Came home and used the 6-cell inserts from the windowsill propagator to sow 24 tomatoes, 6 each of Roma, Moneymaker, Gardeners Delight and 100s & 1000s. Put them all in one of the heated propagators, then once they're up they can move on to the windowsill

Also sowed 2 each of 9 varieties of chillies and 3 varieties of sweet peppers into peat plugs in the other propagator.
              Last edited by HotStuff; 19-02-2009, 10:15 PM.
              There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

• I sowed a dozen chard Bright Lights (never grown that one before but I LOVE chard) and 2 dozen Red Epicure broad beans. All in modules in the cold greenhouse.
                Last edited by Flummery; 19-02-2009, 05:15 PM.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• I took down my old garden arch, bit of a H & S hazzard. Shed came down today as well to make room for my new greenhouse, yippeee! Sowed 12 more aubergine ophelia. Started to get very dark and dismal outside so came in but not before checking on my garlic, all of which are doing well.
                  AKA Angie

Comment

• I scrubbed and cleaned all my unused seed trays and pots (far too many). Allocated various beds to various veg for the coming year. I nearly have a plan/clue

Comment

• i decided to go and tidy up the borders in the garden, got all my tools together and just as i had started it started to rain and its never stopped since.

Managed to get a little bit done but not much... can't wait for a really nice day.

Me and other half then looked at our back garden and did a plan for how we wanted it to look.

just need to clear the back garden now so we have got a blank canvas...

Comment

• Cut back all the dhalia stems I left in the garden to give the roots a little bit of frost protection over the winter.
                        Found some Primula and a couple of polyanthus in bloom.
                        Also have daffs and crocus blooming. Spring is definitely on the way.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Madmax moved the weldmesh to the location of the new chook run - it isn't finalised but should keep the girls to one region now so I can start rescuing the garden I got another couple of forkfuls of the first bed turned over - it is only 3 foot wide and about 7 foot long but has taken me an age to dig over as it had rather a lot of nettle roots appearing again However, I will win in the end. Might get it finished tomorrow and a cloche over it.
                          Happy Gardening,
                          Shirley

Comment

• Transfered the newly sprouted brassica seedlings into the cold frame . Summer cabbage , sprouting broccoli and cauli's . The weather has been so nice that the early grown tomato's and peppers get taken outside to a sunny sheltered corner on a tray, and then brought back in late afternoon. Makes watering easy as they get a good chance to drain off before being returned back to the warmth of the house .

Wren

Comment

• Planted out 15 garlic plants into the lottie, which were started of in pots a few week ago. It has definitely caught up with the autumn sown garlic. Still have another 60 to plant out but don't want to put all my eggs in one basket by putting the lot out in one go. Sown some more broad beans into pots. The summer cabbage are all through now so will have to prick them out in a week or twos time.

Ian

Comment

• Emptied x2 compost bins into the new raised beds. Sorted Heritage seeds out plus a few others I am planning on growing out for future distribution. Made some more labels from recycled milk cartons. Mr Herbie has cleaned the patio and washed down the paths.

Moved compost bins out the front for collection for a chap who has a lottie (still on waiting list). Thinking of getting a wormery.
                                http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X