Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dug out the old runner bean trench and put the soil on my new raised bed where I intend to grow mainly potatoes and poss. sweetcorn. Topped that with 2 bags of composted manure and one bag of multipurpose compost. Then put on the cardboard and black weed suppressant. Laid some cheap £1 shop weed suppressant along one edge of the new bed and topped that with home made shredded branches to make a path.

Comment

• Today I dug alongside trellis which will be home to my runner beans. I also sown Brussel sprouts ( Nelson F1 ) & Cabbage ( Sovoy Estoril F1 ) Modules indoors.
      Last week (25th) I sown Lettuce ( All Year Round ) & Radish ( Sparkler 3 ) Indoor raised bed.
      26th..Propagating Leeks ( Lyon Prizetaker ) & ( Musselburgh ) Onions ( Kamal F1 ) & 10 peppers. ( Sweet Ramano )
      28th..Spring onions ( Shimonita ) Module sown. Planted Rhurbarb ( Timperley Early ) Outdoor raised bed.
      29th..Chitting Potatoes ( Duke of York ) Bought inside Strawberry plants for early forcing.
      Water & winter feed for my citrus trees..Inside conservatory. Lemons,Limes,Kumquats,oranges.
      Never mind the TWADDLE here's the SIX PETALS.

http://vertagus.blogspot.com/ Annual seedlings.

Comment

• today i dug over the area on my plot ready to plant my onions,shallots and garlic.harvested some leeks for the roast tommorrow if i can be bothered to cook it.
        Next went to supermarket and bought some crusty bread for the veg soup i made yesterday in the slow cooker,which tasted suprsingly good.Then on to the garden centre to look at their potato seed collection.Home to sow some basil to go with the tomato seeds already sown last week.Finally watch telly.
        a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

• Pulled the last of the leeks ready for leek and potatoes soup. Moved carrots in the trough that have germinated into the greenhouse. (Never had such a sucessful carrot sowing) This method worked for me! Sown some lettuce last night placed in the greenhouse.

Today sown pea's (meteor) in tubes.(Non Moon Day) Will do some more on appropriate moon day.
          Sweet Pea's Heirloom Mixed are chitting ready so sowing later.
          http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

• Today I sorted out exactly which varieties of tomato, sweet pepper and chilli I am growing this year. I also organised a load of seeds for sowing tomorrow which was great and started sorting out seeds to give away.

Will hopefully get down to the plots tomorrow and will sort out the fruit bushes which are spare and can be given away.

Comment

• Washed seed trays.
              Put spuds out to chit.
              Bought big plastic tray with lid for salady stuff.
              Contemplated sowing stuff then remembered the weather forecast and that GH is not heated so didnt
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• Dug a trench at the foot of some trellis - half filled it with contents of kitchen composter - the runner beans will be very grateful.
                Filled the new water butt (by the greenhouse) by means of emptying one of the older ones (by the house and will have to be temporarily moved while the kitchen extension is built).
                Sowed a few yellow pear tomatoes and scotch bonnet chillis.
                Filled the last raised bed with top soil - all ready for planting now: roll on April/May!
                come visit a garden
                or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Bright but bloody cold at the Hill today where I finished making raised bed d1, and made raised bed c2.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Today I took down my poly tunnel after it was ripped to bits by the wind a couple of weeks ago.
                    It's quite dead and will need a new cover.
                    I'm pretty sad about it, though i'll try not to sulk!

I'll take some money from the wedding fund, and hope my partner doesn't mind (find out!)

Nice to find this forum - this is my first post - hope i've got it ok!

Comment

• Yesterday I made a start on clearing the cutting border which I made last year. Got most of it cleared and added a few perennial flowers before I had to scrub up and go out.
                      Today we went to sort out a new car. We can collect the new one in about 10 days - which has nicely prompted him to pick up all the wood for the chook run next weekend - so he won't mucky up the new boot. RESULT!
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Today I sowed some tomato seeds,

Urbinaky
                        Aunt Judys green
                        Ferline
                        Sungold
                        French Black
                        Amish Paste
                        White rabbit

and some chillies

Fat Bangladeshi,
                        Mas du Diable Cayenne
                        Two Sheds Cayenne
                        Peppadew
                        Red hot cherry

as well as some fresh herbs and more brassicas.
                        Last edited by pigletwillie; 01-02-2009, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Today have i been clearing the veg plots and getting them all weed free and ready for spring planting. Been garden shopping got my veg seeds and now itching to get started again
                          Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

• Today dh said 'shall we move that evergreen from back to front? As I've been waiting ages for him to be ready I thought I'd better say yes. Luckily it didn't take long becase as we got outside it started to snow, and there was a biting wind. Anyway its done now. The other thing was that I checked on my clematis twigs that I potted up; it seems that they are actually budding! Green shoots are opening. Hurrah! I might just work. I've never grown anything this way before.

Comment

• Popped-over to Wilko's and got some seed potatoes.

I went for Desiree for main crop, I've grown these two years running and had excellent results.

Sat with the seed catalogues this afternoon and put in an order for some of the more unusual seeds that aren't commonly in the shops
                              'People don't learn and grow from doing everything right the first time... we only grow by making mistakes and learning from them. It's those who don't acknowledge their mistakes who are bound to repeat them and do no learn and grow. None of us are done making mistakes or overflowing with righteous wisdom. Humility is the key.'
                              - Thomas Howard

Comment

• I've sat for half a day wanting a greenhouse but OH says I shouldnt buy it as we dont own this house and he's not sure about moving it......
                                Life of a Cycling Gardener

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X