Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed the chooks water.....which doen't sound a big job until I let you kno it was in a big auld belsen stone sink and full of green gunk!

Dug it up (withthe help of chooks of course) turned it upside down and cleaned out all gunk. Took 3 buckets and 3 watering cans of clean water to fill it!

Got carried away (again) on eBay and bought 6 X Silver Grey Dorking eggs to hatch in inccy!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Hope you don't get 5 lads again Snadge!
      I shamelessly played with my new pullets yeaterday and they seem to like the chickweed and going-to-seed mizuna from my greenhouse. Great news. I shall probably get it all weeded out by the time I want to plant anything in there. Great little garden helpers!
      Also bought another bag of peat-free for potting on purposes - lots of toms ready to go today.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• - sowed 3 rows of Sugarsnax carrots
        - planted out a row of Red Epicure broadies (the last ones)
        - put in and filled up a new Dalek
        - painted some more fence
        - dug out some more lawn for a flower border: I'm heading for a circular design I think
        - dug out Bergenia & Hemerocallis (pink, orange, yuk yuk yuk)
        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 09-04-2009, 01:58 PM.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Two_Sheds;423291
          - dug out Bergenia & Hemerocallis (pink, orange, yuk yuk yuk)[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on the Bergenia, but don't forget you can eat the flowers of Hemerocallis!

I sowed some Sugar Snap - thanks to SBP - and pricked out loads of tomatoes and a few chillis
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Veg Box day today. This weeks boxes will contain some or all of the following;
            Potatoes, carrots, onions, Purple Sprouting Broccolli, Spinach, Red Kale, Swiss Chard, Parsley, Chives, Swede, Raddichio, Mixed Salald Leaves (home made selection of Mizuna, Rocket, Red Russian Kale and Pak Choi), Jerusalem Artichokes and Rhubarb.
            Got another 50kg seed potatoes (Charlotte) buckshee. I need another 25kg and I'll have all the seed tatties I need.
            Rat

British by birth
            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I ordered the following from the "Real Seed" catalogue:

Early Annonay Peas
              Golden sweet mange-tout peas
              Pattison Blanc Summer Squash
              Quintal de Alsace Cabbage
              Bleu de Solaise leeks

Any I don't use, I'll offer to pass on.

Penny
              My photos at Webshots
              Webshots

and

http://www.picturesofengland.com
              Trowbridge, Wiltshire

Comment

• Last night I had a dream where some old boy had given up on a perfect allotment with wonderful raised beds, a lovely big shed, full of tools and fishing kit, left the whole lot to me, complete with full written instructions and a cassette tape with further oral instructions.
                And left the whole lot to me!

Bit of a disappointment when I woke up!

Methinks I am spending far too much time thinking about gardening
                "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

• Womble, if you'd of been here, not being able to see the wood for the trees, and not on the edge of sanity, and some old Skirt said, no shed, no shed, tools or fishing kit, but the rest is yours', your dream could have come true.
                  Our allotment isn't needed by Trousers and I no more, and the next person on the waiting list will hopefully be 'jumping up and down' with joy in the next week or two.
                  Imagine your allotment is already yours', and it will find its' way to you my friend. Keep that dream to make it your reality.

I didn't do any gardening today, so I feel a bit of a fraud being here, but I did pick some flowers out of my new garden and put them in a vase in my new kitchen, and I hope that 'counts', because it's kind of connecting me to my new garden for the future that the two of us hold together.
                  Thank you for listening.

Comment

• Gave my chicks the first taste of the outdoors at the allotment to try out there new run for size. It aint finished yet, but it was a worthwhile experience as they found a couple of escape areas which I promptly repaired.
                    Planted the last of my Kestrel spuds (about 15 methinks) I put them in with a trowel and backfilled the hole with homemade compost. Was pleased to see the compost had rotted down to an odourless soil consistency.
                    As I now no longer use the rows or block method of planting, prefering to plant randomly in clumps, I gave each potatoe it's own little mole hill to delineate where I'd put them. I also found some excellent large labels at Tesco's own pound shop which are coming in handy at marking my clumps. They are white plastic , so aren't the prettiest of markers but will do until I can come up with some thing more aesthetically pleasing.
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Today I have done a second sowing of red Italian spring onions in module outside. Also trying Hamburg Parsley this year which I have sown direct in some containers. Have also sown Pumpkin Hooligan, Melon Sweetheart, Orange scented thyme and lemon basil all indoors in unheated propagator. Has rained non stop so decided to sort out my seed tin over a cuppa and then successfully managed to spill 3/4 packet of carrot seeds onto my sofa!!!!! Tried to rescue as many as I could but just hope that when I wash the covers I don't get carrots sprouting.
                      AKA Angie

Comment

• I planted a few lettuce seedlings a friend gave to me and bought a bag of a good potting compost for my "Real Seeds" when they arrive.

Showery today.

My photos at Webshots
                        Webshots

and

http://www.picturesofengland.com
                        Trowbridge, Wiltshire

Comment

• Planted more Duke of York, Red Duke of York and Kestrel spuds. Planted 5 brussel sprouts plants. Planted a chrysanth outside, moved some Comfrey and did quite a bit of weeding.
                          Layed 5 paving slabs in chook run that I brought to lottie with landie.
                          In greenhouse I potted on into cell trays some F1 shallots I had grown from seed also some marigolds.

Going to have a nice soak in the bath soon to ease my aching back!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Planted everything except cukes and other squashes

Comment

• Once rain stopped, nipped back outside and planted white lisbon spring onions. Potted on sunflowers and cucumber which is getting rather big! Also peppers, toms and aubergines.
                              AKA Angie

Comment

• I was away for 2 days, returned to find french beans had germinated (they look swell) also some more courgettes and a couple of winter squash. Spent the late afternoon re arranging shelving and space in the unheated greenhouse (a 2nd hand bargain put together in autumn) and potting on some toms. I have lots of trays of tiny flower seeds that have germinated, lobelia, petunia, godetia etc, so pricked out a few of those and potted on. It seems like a critical time at the moment and the need for space/pots/compost is getting difficult - but its great and satisfying too.

Every time I read these posts it reminds me what I still have to sow or do :-)
                                BB
                                BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                                Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X