• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planted sweetcorn to grow indoors for the next few weeks
    planted out maincrop potatoes
    ..... also got me chooks which have settled in very well

Comment

• potted up some of my tomato seedlings. They were getting a bit leggy so should have been done last week. Onion sets to plant next...

Comment

• potted on my tomato seedlings - they were getting a bit leggy and should probably have been done last week!

Comment

• it was raining here so thought i'g get wet anyway and jetwashed the outside of the greenhouse, and hand cleaned inside its looking at lot brighter in there now
          Then i potted on some peppers, chillis & toms which had been in the electic prop inside and sowed cabbage, brocolli, sweetcorn and courgettes,
          Watched GW... and now looking forward to the rest of the weekend as the weather here is supposed to be dry
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

• Dibbed out the last of my january leek sowing, harvested first oriental mustards of the year, filled out my stand of direct sown sutton broad beans with pot grown ones. Veg plot now 75% full with space left for out door toms, so tomorrows job is extending area to accomodate the 18 sweetcorn plants sown today in my gucci capilliary matting/pot pack setup. More module oriental mustard, mangetout and swiss chard sown, I had a disaster in the greenhouse: next doors dog got in overnight and destroyed a tray of chard.

Comment

• Planted out some chard and 3 lots of tall peas at the allotment (oh and some summer cabbages!) Gave the chooks their first cut up apple and a bit of pasta. Fun and games!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Planted 8 of my Toms in final position in conservatory. I used the string method where you tie it around the rootball & pot up into larger pot.
                Never mind the TWADDLE here's the SIX PETALS.

http://vertagus.blogspot.com/ Annual seedlings.

Comment

• Nearly broke down in tears cos wasn't well last night so got up late this morning to find minigreenhouse overheated:,and all my seedlings cremated!Sown more lettice,more lettice leaf and started a few more toms.Fed up!

Comment

• Started early in the morning working on the garden, just come in now at 5 p.m., with a break for lunch, of course. Added sand and grit to my herb bed, weeded and hoed, cut back a spirea that's very overgrown. I've been working on this for weeks. It's on the side of the path to the vegetable garden. Watered the vegetables that needed it and noticed the first potato shoots of the year. When I dug one up by mistake the other day it had a good system of roots forming. Moved a rooted piece of lemon balm from the flower garden into the herb garden.

Penny
                    My photos at Webshots
                    Webshots

and

http://www.picturesofengland.com
                    Trowbridge, Wiltshire

Comment

• Sorry to hear that lyndap Hopefully you'll have time to sow some more

Today was pretty miserable weatherwise but I was determined to get out, so waterproofs and wellies on! Potted on marigolds that were in mini gh to find that some had been completed nibbled away. Found a big fat snail and a smaller one at the back of gh so they were given free flying lessons! Also potted on sunflowers and have decided to harden off outside. Larger tom plants have been in the gh for a week and seem to be doing well, tho I will bring them in if frost is forecast! Put netting over peas and removed netting from onions and garlic so that I could thin out carrots that are growing inbetween. Went on a slug hunt and found most of them tucked away in the leaves of my giant alliums, needless to say they didn't stay there long! Finally laid bark chippings along border down the side of the house.
                      AKA Angie

Comment

• weather lovely here today, a few clouds but mostly sunny so took the opportunity to get out in the garden. Planted in some trailing lobelias, planted out 1st and 2nd early in pots/old compost bags, thinned some carrots, planted out another 2 cabbage plants (cabbage is a trial this year), covered one of my raised beds with black plastic to warm it up a bit! hardened off some plants! enjoyed today!
                        "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

• After watering my babies in the polytunnel I went up to my "posh" walled garden. Planted three rows of potatoes (Charlotte), sowed two 40m rows of Carrot (Paris Market Atlas), 1 35m row of Spring Onion (Ishikuru), planted 200 onion sets (variety Corrado), sowed 3 15m rows of Parsnip (Tender and True), 1 15m row of Turnip (Purple Top Milan), potted on my Globe artichokes.
                          Showed some guests around the garden (though there's not a lot to see).
                          Back to my own place to pick a bag of baby salad leaves for the hotel for tonight, and some chard for a mate who dropped off thirty "spare" tomato plants.
                          Rat

British by birth
                          Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                          http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Planted out two types of peas, a climbing and a bushy-ish one, pushed a few shallots back in where they'd been uprooted by birds. Checked my seedlings, celeriac has sprouted, lovage has sprouted, more aubergines have sprouted and noticed that the amish paste toms are unlikely ever to sprout because they fell off the shelf and are smashed in the bag...ho hum...
                            Saw there are yet more tomato seedlings sprounting in the rocket pots, have absolutely no idea what type they are so I don't know whether it's worth keeping them or not. Probably not.
                            Cut the grass.

Comment

• planted loads of seeds today

peppers x 10
                              lettuce x 15
                              spring onions - whole packet (we love them)
                              celery - 20
                              sweetcorn - 20
                              beetroot - 20
                              spinach - 20
                              leeks - 30

these were sown direct all in drills

carrot
                              parsnip
                              swede
                              turnip

had quite a good day in the garden and greenhouse love it now i've got a greenhouse!!!

Comment

• Was out in the garden at 08:30..

sowed next batch of sprouts (both green and red), aubergine (only one of the first batch made it), mizuna, rocket, lambs lettuce, mixed leaves, french beans, mange tout, peas, heading lettuce (2 varieties) and two large herb pots.

potted on most of the peppers & tomotoes (various varieties).

planted out strawberry plants that I grew from seed and first batch of heading lettuce (2 varieties)

tested a teeny tiny radish and a few tiny mixed salad leaves

will plant my spuds tomorrow
                                pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X