Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potted on toms. Sowed parmex carrots, turnips, salad and garlic chives. Got hailed on!
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• sowed
      cucumber
      courgettes
      pumpkins
      all in pots in the polytunnel - had hail here last night, we're having warm days and really cold nights still

neighbour from next door brought me a tiny tomato seedling from 17th century apparently - a violet heritage variety that someone gave her 7 seeds from as a gift so I'm nurturing it... quite excited about it as well !!

Comment

• Pricked out 40 Mignonette Alpine Strawberry seedlings (must be the most booooring job in the world!), potted on 3 Red Robin Tomato seedlings and 2 Red Cherry Seedlings, shuffled the rest of the seedlings around the greenhouse - really need to give the GH a good sweep out & have a proper tidy. Also added another Vivaldi seed potato to each of the 6 pots already in the greenhouse (only done a few days ago) so there are now 2 seed potatoes in each pot.
        Jane,
        keen but (slightly less) clueless
        http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• Odd shower here and there today so no real chance to do much on the lottie. Potted on 24 kilaton cabbage 24 highland cabbage fed the onion seed plants in the 5" pots. Watered most of the other stuff in the greenhouse. Have a day off tomorrow so am hoping it is going to be nice and I will be able to get some planting out done on the lottie.

Ian

Comment

• Planted two rows of carrots (including some free in the mag), one row of beetroot Boltardy, some spinach and some rocket. Dug four rows of fairly twitch-intensive ground. Hoping to construct bean poles and pea trellis tomorrow.

Comment

• Applied Nemaslug all over the place.
              (And a bit of light weeding.)
              Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

• Potted into 6 inch pots my Aromel Strawbs, labelled some pots, mixed some 50/50 topsoil and multipurpose compost and potted in 12 litre buckets Fallgold raspberries, Ben nevis blackcurrant. Then got hailed on, so retreated to the greehouse and hand pollinated the peach tree.

Comment

• Sowed 9 Anaheim Chillies individually in yoghurt pots (with holes), should have been 10 but dropped one seed and couldn't find it again, 12 Early PSB seeds in modules and 24 Bedford Brussels Sprouts in 3 inch pots. All in the warmth and dry environment of my conservatory, the weather today has been so unpredictable.

Comment

• Just re-sowed everything that I sowed originally in my own compost which now has a million - ok, slight exaggeration but defiitely over a 100 - rocket seeds growing in it.
                    3 kinds of aubergines, 5 kinds of tomatoes, celeriac, 2 kinds of chillies.
                    Also sowed flat-leaf parsley outside, thyme,coriander and basil inside, and nasturtiums.
                    This time, I ferreted out some ziplock bags and stuck the seedlings inside, so they should be cosy enough in there.
                    Went to the garden center, looked over what was on offer, didn't get any plug plants, but bought a fine rose head for the watering can, and a bag of compost for potting.
                    Chucked the old compost onto the new side bed, light weeding, and took the broad beans and peas out to play.

Comment

• Brought early peas out of gh for the day. Fixed back in place boards for my mangetout bed (It's triangular and had come out of line). Potted on aubergines, peppers and some toms. Potted up the rest of my sunflowers, poppies and french marigolds. Deadheaded tulips and pansies in front garden. This evening returned peas to gh and covered gh with blanket in case of frost.
                      AKA Angie

Comment

• Planted out 15 Durham early cabbages, 15 broad beans the Sutton, 25 garlic Amo and a half dozen black seeded samara lettuce. Sowed some scarlet kale in the greenhouse. Potted on a pieris shrub which wasn't looking to healthy. Took the environ mesh off the shallots as they have started to shoot and were looking a little yellow. The first of the early planted potatoes are above ground so will have to cover if frost is forecast. Also gave the blueberries a boost of ericatious feed.

Ian

Comment

• Yesterday hailstones kept me inside so potted on peppers, chillis, aubergines, tomatoes, herbs, gherkins, cougrettes, squash and early rhubarb. Parsnips in loo rolls are through, hoorray (only 9 days)

Today drove up to Aberdeen and picked up Snohare who kindly spent the day with us tidying up the overhanging willow trees (huuuuuge thanks Snohare, you are a gent). Cut both lawns, tidied up hedge and OH pressure washed the deck and applied a coat of oil. Raked up all the willow twigs/hedge cuttings and dragged all the big branches to the back of the garden until we get a van or a trailer to take them to the Recycling Centre.

Comment

• Today was a lovely sunny, but cold spring day. The area that I have trampled in the making of my new chicken coop was originally to be my strawberry bed.
                            Today I rescued as many strawberry plants as I could and transplanted them into another prepaired bed. After watering them in I made a start on my new additional chicken run.
                            The coop was made from eight doors and cost nothing. The run will be a recycled jobbie as well.
                            I managed to get the area squared up with string and post holes dug and posts erected. Some of the scrounged posts are too short so I nailed extension ppieces on these before sinking into ground. The whole lot was tied together with a fencing spar that I liberated from one of my raised beds and a long board off my leek trench.

Came away pleased with what I had achieved, and now that the light nights are upon us I should be able to progress further each night after work.
                            Aiming to have the chicks out of the garage in a fortnight and into there new coop and run!
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I planted beetroot (kestrel and bolthardy), spring onions (white and red), little gem, golden raddish, and some mixed baby salad leaf. Thats 2 of the raised beds filled now. Have also covered everything with fleece as its a bit cold. Ufortunately my fleece pegs haven't arrived yet so the fleece is held down with spare knives and forks. Looks very weird.
                              Susiewoosie

A novice but keen to learn

My Blog - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s/susiewoosie/

My photo Albums - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ie-albums.html

Comment

• Managed to get outside finally today (children and OH finally well enough for me to have some ME time)

So I have sorted some strawbs as some of them were dead.
                                Sown basil, parsley, summer savoury, coaiander
                                Sown a row of radish and planted out my beetroot under fleece in the carrot bed
                                Sown some more spring onions and a few sprouts (mine look a bit frosted so making sure I get some more)
                                Planted out the loo rolls with parsnips in
                                Planted the rest of my Duke of Yorks

Moved my december sown toms into the greenhouse as they are now HUGE and got flowers coming. I know it's gonna be cold but got them wrapped in 2 layers of fleece. I have back-ups but they are staying in the house for now.

Toddlie should be well enough to go to childminder tomorrow so I hope to make a start on bed 5 which will be for the brassicas as some of them are almost ready to get planted out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X