Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warm today - too hot in the tunnel to spend much time in there, so emptied the compost "dalek" and the heap, dug bean trenches and filled them with lovely compost and rotting veg matter.

Comment

• WARM AND SUNNY!

- plastic greenhouses all steamy at 7am, so opened the doors for the day
      - watered the 50 odd pots of seeds on my windowsills
      - watered the 100s of pea seedlings that are ready to go on the lotty this w/e, plus everything else in the 3 plastic greenhouses (used half a water butt)
      - transplanted some white foxgloves & geranium phaeum from lotty to my shady border
      - picked a dozen tender crunchy radishes from an October sowing, also kale sprouts, PSB & pak choi
      - planted out 2 dozen pea seedlings, to grow up chicken wire
      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 02-04-2009, 01:27 PM.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Before being summoned home to take over babysitting duties I sowed the following in the tunnel
        1080 x Cabbage Primo
        1080 x Cauliflower Snowball
        370 x Brussel Sprouts Diablo
        108 x Swiss Chard
        220 x Florence Fennel Rudy
        54 x Cabbage Red Drumhead

Going back out tonight after Niamh is settled.
        Rat

British by birth
        Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
        http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Georgeous day today, in the veg patch i sowed two short rows of Parsnips (Gladiator). In the GH i potted on 7 Garten Pearl and 2 San Marzano Tomatoes, also sowed 2 Marketmore Cucumber, 2 Sunburst Bushmarrow, 2 Zuchini F1 Courgette and a small tub of Parmex Carrots. Will go back out again a bit later & water all my pots as everything is looking really parched, both my waterbutts are empty already!
          Jane,
          keen but (slightly less) clueless
          http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• Whited my sepulchre! I thought I'd better tidy my own front garden after spending time the last 4 weekends working on the village flower beds. The Britain in Bloom judges are coming tomorrw afternoon - and they're meeting at our house!

Sowed 4 oca tubers - kind grape swap! They will join my in-and-out of the greenhouse brigade.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Today I have sown:
              Runner Bean Flamenco in modules
              Borlotti Beans direct and in modules
              Parmex Carrot direct
              Sugarsnax Carrot direct
              Greek Basil in pot
              Honesty direct
              Cornflower mix Direct
              Californian Poppy Jellybeans Direct
              Lianthus Direct
              Cottage Garden annual mix Direct
              Centaurea Dairy Maid & The Bride Direct
              Italian salad leaf mix Direct
              Asparagus Pea in modules

Planted spring onions in raised bed also red and green cos lettuce. Lined and filled wooden veg crate with compost for Parmex carrots. Filled mangetout raised bed with manure and compost and put wigwam in place. Filled hollow wall with compost ready for dwarf peas. Put canes in to deter two pigeons who were eyeing up my broad beans but need to buy taller canes so that I can string them together.
              AKA Angie

Comment

• Today I sowed Dwarf French Beans, Tumbling Toms, and mixed flowers for bees (the free ones from Blue Peter).

I also took some photos of my seedlings for the record.

Mixed Leaf (Lettuce Mix)

Sowed 29/03/09, Heated Propagator, I was amazed how quickly these germinated... there are even taller ones.

Spring Onion (White Lisbon)

Sowed 23/03/09 taken at 5x magnification.
                Really pleased to see signs of life here! Sowed stright into a 10" pot and currently inside my growhouse.

Cos Lettuce (Little Gem)

Sowed 11/03/09, growhouse.
                A little one just sprouting playing catchup to its big brothers.

Mixed Leaf (Italian Mix)

Sowed 15/03/09. Got a whole window box of this stuff. I plan to interplant it with Lollo Rossa which I only recently sowed in modules in the growhouse on 28/03.

Looking forward to more things germinating and sprouting!
                My Blog My flickr

Comment

• Wow jealous much
                  Susiewoosie

A novice but keen to learn

My Blog - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s/susiewoosie/

My photo Albums - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ie-albums.html

Comment

• Sown French Marigolds and pimento peppers. Made some more labels from milk containers.
                    http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

• Fed and watered the plants: lots of liquid gold diluted 10:1. Garden is looking parched, this spring seems really dry. All my Brassica's have been devastated by something over the last few weeks, all of them seem to be nibbled and sulking, luckily I have a second sowing of most of them in the greenhouse. Hand pollinated the dwarf peach tree, then left it out for a few hours to hopefully get some insect loving. Strawberries from seed removed from cloche, still tiny but perfectly formed! Mangetout peas starting to put out climbing tendrils.
                      Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 01-04-2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• picked some perpetual spinach for dinner (was lovely)

planted out 3 lots of potatoes in potato planters. 1 1st early (red duke of york), 1 2nd early (smiles) 1 maincrop (belle de Fontenay), even labelled them so I know which is which!

made 28 paper pots with my new toy a paper potter and put in propagator for tomorrow when I will start planting runner beans (from last years crop) , tomatoes and courgettes. Weeded and forked over the raised beds.

Comment

• I'm back at work tonight after last 2 days spent in bed with cold-bl**dy typical-when the weather is so good.Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

• Sowed; 10 x Pilot peas (from Hazel at the Hill, thanks Haze) with a few left for backup sowing if needed, 20 x Gladstone peas, 12 x Savoy cabbages (rest of seed going to Pipscariad), 12 x Dwarf green curly kale, 12 x calabrese Marathon, 12 x minicole cabbage into modules of Well Firmed compost.
                            Potted up; Tomatoes - Sungold, Black Cherry, and Tamina, peppers Soror Sarek and Marigolds Citrus Mixed.

Might start cucs tomorrow...

Comment

• Didn't have time to post yesterday...

After getting most of the garden sorted now, we have started to put things in place.
                              OH (Dazzlar3) yesterday moved the garlic to where it was going, and out of 32 started in modules 30 managed to survive. So i'm well pleased (even though i started them upside down)...
                              Moved red onions from modules they seem all root but put them in the garden anyway.
                              Moved 15 strawberry plants in there raised bed area.

Had a general tidy up of the garden, OH got together all the old wood thats left over from project and started to bag it up.

Also sowed alpine strawberries. We now have glass in the greenhouse so these went in there. Also had a looked at what we could sow now we have a working greenhouse.
                              Looked at other seeds and a few have germinated.

Just hoping for another nice day so can get more done.

Comment

• Think i've been silly but a few weeks back i sowed parsnips in trays, today i have put the strongest seedlings into toilet roll tubes ( 14 in total as we don't each many parsnips in our house, and i have some container parsnips to sow) will see what happens..... pre dug trenches for the inevitable toilet roll tubes to go into ( its not just parsnips in loo rolls, also have sweetcorn!) checked on all my other babies..... cabbages going crazy!!! lol.......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X