Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I made what seemed like a million cardboard rolls, ready for when I sow parnsips, then sorted through my seed collection, cleared some rubbish iin the garden and put up my new mini-greenhouse. On Saturday I erected the cold frame and put some stuff in it, plus installed my bamboo edging on one soon-to-be-raised bed. Woo!

Comment

I dug out some bramble roots before they get growing again, then I mulched the cleared ground with layers of newspaper, held down with said bramble roots.
      -----
      Noted that my Limnanthes green manure is doing a superb job ... a lovely green carpet of potential flowers, instead of weeds
      Last edited by Two_Sheds; 21-01-2009, 10:19 AM.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Called in at the lottie on the way back from T'ai Chi and picked a slack handful of chard leaves to add to the curry tonight. Talked nicely to my onion seedlings on the windowsill when I got back - they are coming up very nicely!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Ate the last of the beetroot- from the ground!!

Picked curly Kale- still got fresh carrots ,shallots and apples stored - and Kale and celeriac and perpetual spinach in the potager.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Yesterday. (18th) I have sown some flower seed.

Lavender Munstead Strain and Chinease Lanterns.

Could not believe that the chinease lanterns can take 1 to 6 months to germinate!

Both have been put in the propogator for now.
            http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Today I bought some Chard seeds (bright lights) from the garden centre on my way home from work. I really don't need them - I'd already planned what I'd like to plant this year and I've swapped seed I didn't want/need for wonderful things other grapes were offering. Still, I've thought for a while that Chard would be a nice veg to cook with and it 's supposed to be easy to grow

Comment

Actually, I sat for most of today on my big fat arse (with my Woman Flu) in our Conservatory, snuggled up looking very unattractive, and looking out onto our front garden, and just over the drystone wall at all of the woods?
                I was sorting out my seeds into Biodynamic categories of Leaf, Root, Fruit and Flower, and when the constellations might permit me to sow them? (no - don't ask!) and I was so beautifully entertained by doing that all day, AND by the birds, that by this evening, I'd forgotten I had Woman Flu, and almost forgot to tell Trousers that the estate agent had phoned with another viewing....
                Thankfully, with the 'Culprit' who keeps giving me these bugs safely out of the country now for a week, I can begin to take notice of my 2009 Horoscope, which said:
                "Get Back Out There, And Show People What You're Made Of..."
                Which would be nice!

Comment

had a busy morning (off work at the moment just had some skin graphs done on my arm so cant do anything too heavy) I planted my £1 rasberry cane from wilko, rescued my sweet peas from the sowing pots they are a little tall for them now and planted them into their growing pots which I got from B&Q at the weekend lovely glazed quite big pots for a bargain £3 each they are covered with fleece in the greenhouse they look much happier, then planted some tomato and hot pepper seeds and brought them into the house for the warmth, watered my lemon and lime trees and gave them a good spray with soapy water as I think they have a few bugs on them now I am going to have my dinner left overs from last nights tea

Comment

Well I've had a lovely day so far Must be because the sun's shining, still 'kin cold though! Been down to the lottie and pulled out the last of the cabbages that the pigeons had attacked so the chooks could have some more nice fresh greens. I dug over the part where the Savoys had been, dug a trench and buried the contents of a Bokashi bin in it ready for putting my French beans in later in the year. It might not be the proper rotation sequence, but I'm still learning. I've sorted out part of the shed at home so at least I can get in it and I more or less know where things are if I need them. I found the heated propagator that my Mum bought for me years ago, cleaned it up, and put it to use on some seeds I sowed on 8th January that haven't started doing anything yet. Had a lovely feeling that my Mum was helping me today. I do miss her
                    Last edited by MaureenHall; 20-01-2009, 03:28 PM.
                    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

i've not done much today...but watched my OH and his son clear part of the garden and make 2 raised beds for me.
                      They then started to fill them with soil and some chicken manure. can't wait for them all to be finished and sorted and then i can start the big tidy up in the garden and have it all landscaped to how i want it

Comment

Sowed seeds for peppers, aubergine (prosperosa) and experimental early tomatoes in my propogator. Haven't got a heated one but it's sitting ontop of my fridge.

Comment

Sowed some chives from the £1 special kit from Wikos. Not sure if I've fell off the moon planting wagon. Are chives a leaf or flower?
                          http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Today I looked back to the beginning of this thread, to see what people were doing on this day in 2006, 07 and 08. Some great tips & reminders on there.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Checked the greenhouse and the onion seed is just starting to poke through the soil, no sign of the carrots yet. Charlotte potatoes are growing nice and strong and I shal have to earth them up again later on today.All this cold weather (-2 again this morning) tends to make me rather lethargic, there is plenty of thing I need to do but just keep putting them off.

Ian

Comment

Today was my first proper day at my own place in ages, as my other gardens have taken preference to keep the cash rolling in. I do Thursdays and Fridays at my field but they are entirely dedicated to picking pulling and lifting veg and making up and delivering my veg boxes.
                                So today, I hand weeded the polytunnel, brought all the remaining strawberries inside -either in 3" pots or in 60 x hanging baskets, took down all the posts and cane supports that were used for my peas, cleared all the netting up (well, put it in a big pile to burn at a later date), cleared the weeds from round my rhubarb, fennel, chives and rosemary plants, cleared the growbags from the tunnel staging (they were used for rocket, mizuna and mixed salad leaves, prepared 6 large polystyrene fish boxes for sowing more rocket and mizuna next week.
                                Rat

British by birth
                                Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                                http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X