Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked and ate my first PSB of the year, heaven.
    Steamed for 5 minutes with melted butter and lemon juice.

That is all, didn't need anything else!
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

• Sowed Beetroot Cylindra more tom Sweet Million and Marmande. Potted up more French Marigolds and a tomato
      AKA Angie

Comment

• Cleared the veg area of windblown leaves which were swamping the seedlings. Removed my mini tunnel as it is in danger of becoming a kite! Watered everything: the soil seems very dry after the last week of dry weather. My peasticks have fallen over in the wind, but I have left them for now as they are keeping the seedlings safe from birds. Peach tree looks gorgeous: pink flowers everywhere! I may need tips on how to pollinate the flowers.... Happy to see that the local cat got a pigeon last night too, one less flying seedmuncher....

Comment

• in the morning battled the rain and wind to put back all the stuff blown about.
          potted on asparagus into 5" pots. Pricked out chocolate daisies, rudbeckias into modules.
          afternoon fixed new pallet fencing to road side of allotment.
          evening pricked out delphiniums, marigolds, cutting celery into modules. sowed marigolds, butternut squash, pumpkin, hardy geraniums.
          fought losing battle with my cats who just don't get it!
          above the clouds the sun is shining and the sky is blue. if you look hard enough you can just about see it!

Comment

• Planted some "Earlisweet" sweetcorn inside in 3" pots. Got a letter off Dobies saying my potato kits were delayed due to high demand, won't be here until mid-April
            Updated a few things on my new blog
            Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over
            here, looking through your stuff.

http://mustardveggie.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Due to having TWO poorly children in the house I only managed to sneak out once and sow a tray of leeks.

Comment

• Bought a small bag of early potatoes - Bambino, already started sprouting.

Will put them down on the next Moon day.
                My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

• Sowed strawbini, some red cabbage, planted bare root aqualegia in pots.
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• Transplanted my wilted cauliflowers to new pots to try to rescue them hope they survive. sown new ones just incase.need to cut down on the water that i have in the tray that all the seedlings sit in. started some corn and squash off, jumping the gun a little but my unheated greenhouse gets very warm when the sun is out and hopefully by may they will be strong enough to go outside.

Comment

• I finally got the flower bed made and the veg patch is pretty much done. at last!
                      Follow my garden and chilli growing project... @impatientgrower

Comment

• Sowed some Sweet Dumpling on the windowsill, along with some purple sprouting and spring cabbage 'Greyhound'. Visited plot but didn't stay long, just checking germination.Carrots showing and Swiss Chard up.
                        Owning a garden doesn't make you a gardener any more than owning a garage makes you a car.

Comment

• Only been gardening for the last 3 days and so far I've assembled 4 black plastic mini raised beds, put the liner in and a mixture of top soil, compost and manure.

I've also drilled some holes in the flower buckets my brother got from the supermarket for me. My potatoes are chitted on the windowsil. I got them as part of a potato growing kit. I was going to put 3 - 4 potatoes in each sack thing then the leftovers in the flower buckets. Also going to sow some carrots in there as well.

As for today I've been sat on the sofa with a blanket over me feeling sorry for myself as its so cold and I've also discovered lifted big bags of soil, compost and manure makes you hurt the next day
                          Susiewoosie

A novice but keen to learn

My Blog - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s/susiewoosie/

My photo Albums - http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ie-albums.html

Comment

• Box day today - things are looking grim for the next fortnight - so many people going away for Easter that instead of the normal 45 boxes tomorrow, I only have 34 !
                            Anyway, this weeks boxes contain some or all of the following - potatoes, carrots, onions, PSB, calabrese, spinach, parsnips, baby chard, celeriac, pumpkin, garlic.
                            Rat

British by birth
                            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Spent most of the day trying to dodge heavy showers so got very little done. Pricked out Poppy blackcurrant fizz and potted up some toms.
                              AKA Angie

Comment

• I've spent most of my day sharing out the window at work at the sunshine and showers (the ones that are prefect for just sown rows) wishing I could be at home on the garden, never mind three days off from tomorrow and I have spent this evening sorting out my seed boxes.
                                www.alifelesssimple.wordpress.com Up-dated Regularly

Biodynamic grower in training

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X