Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Mizzling here. I'm taking children to meet friends at local trampoline place later. OHAVE phoned me to collect him early from work yesterday as in pain with teeth. Emergency dental app - exposed bone where clot had fallen out! has been packed with some sort of wadding which we're just hoping doesn't fall out......

Hoping to do some sowing and planting this weekend if weather not to bad....
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Oh...and rary!
      Buying a card?....cor, I'd have thought you'd have made your own or recycled last years....

Congrats ...
      I used to do that but after the third time recycled OH got wise to that, and took steps to stop it happening again, well it was actually a warning, if I didn't stop doing that something else would stop.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all. A trip to the GC this morning -
        • I need some leek seeds (which I am too mean to buy there but will get at W1lko later)
        • to treat myself to a new blowaway (which I note were on offer at A1di, so will get that there)
        • some sowing modules (although I could really use the ones in the garage)
        • some compost

So might not get my purse out too readily there, however I'm taking mum and she's promised me a cup of tea and a toasted tea cake.

Comment

• ...........and seed potatoes! Mustn't forget them!

Tea and egg butty first.

Comment

• Good morning all,much warmer today,been lottie for a looksee,came back with a few chives,to chuck in scrambled eggs for lunch,and the first pick off young rhubarb,now prepped sitting in sugar,ready for the crumble later on,small things are pleasurable,also,the new rubarb crowns arrived this morning,the season has begun,enjoy that tea cake Hazel,Huggs to your hubby HH,have a good day all.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning everyone, dull and blowy here
              Work this afternoon and then a free weekend for us.
              Going out to see our favourite band this evening, happy days
              Have a lovely day all
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good afternoon. Not doing much of anything today.
                Got ready for pitch and putt and thrn my sister decded she wouldnt be going so I didnt go either.
                Decided to walk to the library but when I got there it was closed. As yesterday was a holiday they decided to stay closed until Monday.
                Got absolutely soaked walking home again.
                Its a miserable grey wet day so I have given up at this stage.
                Hope others day are going better.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• New next door neighbours are replacing the fence between us so currently the gardens are all open. I have 2 dogs, next door have one dog as has 2 doors down and my daughter brought hers with her today. The only female in this bunch is my Hollie. She was fine with all the others but the male dogs of various sizes were facing up to each other. We decided it would be politic to keep ours indoors. It was an interesting scenario as we were having to exclude them from parts of the house from time to time and they couldn't go out to do their business. My 2 actually get on well with the neighbours dogs. I think my daughters dog changed the dynamics.

My granddaughter still hasn't gone into labour. 3 days overdue now. She seems to be very calm about it and has gone to the cinema.

I'm cold. But I'm not putting the heating back on. Very tempted to light the lounge fire.

Myself and my daughter are now on teenager watch. My DIL is in Washington on business for a week. My son is too laid back to keep an eye on his daughters so we've been asked to. Wish us luck. The younger one is a bit of a rebel but as my FIL said "You can't breed tame ones out of wild ones". Hmmmh. What does that say about me.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Right! Correct thread this time!

Daughter just about moved, a few more bits to go, and the rest just wants tipping! their gunna finish that in the morning, not potted on the little lady but will take priority after work tomorrow, best call it a day, as up at half two!

Bid all a good nights sleep, n say "God Bless" for now!
                    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Had a good look round the 'posh' GC with mum and was treated to coffee and cake - then we buzzed off the the GC which actually has plants, and bought my seed potatoes.

Have had a sowing session in the kitchen tonight.

I'm rather surprised that my little helpers didn't join in - they must be slipping, an 'interesting thing' generally brings them from rooms, if not floors away; even if the 'interesting thing' is being done silently or when they are flat-out asleep.

Comment

• Toying with the idea of a second glass of wine - supposed to be going out in a short while to the pub; and I have a race in the morning so maybe not such a good move.

On the other hand, the pub visit may not happen, the race isn't until 11am, it's only round the corner in Sutton Park, and it's a cross county, so no one expects a decent time.

On the other hand, 6 miles running in the mud will be considerably less fun with a bad head.

Hmm.
                        Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 18-03-2017, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Well Hazel, what did you finally decide.???????

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hazel???
                            My guess is she went for the drink

Had a crazy day myself...OH watching 3rugby matches, so I attacked the freezers!
                            Nope...not defrosting....I made 30 pots of jam/jelly.

Also 10 biscuits and a roast lamb and Yorkshire pud supper.

I managed not to get jam on the ceiling this time ....loads everywhere else...and managed to melt my favourite plastic bowl in the microwave!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• .........put it this way, I'm just away to my gwelly - but having been sensible, I have a clear head.

Trail shoes for the cross country tomorrow - we joke that when you buy a pair of trail shoes, they are so 'numb' that you might as well throw the shoes away and wear the box they came in.....

Comment

• Morning people... too early but awake and can't get back to sleep
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X