X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin Cad n'all
    Same here Cad....nice to see that it's getting lighter earlier though

Not quite sure what today will bring.
    There is a local Vide Grenier today ( car boot sale)...might just pop along for a quick look.
    OH had mentioned swimming.
    There is a seed swap apparently somewhere not so nearby so I might go and have a look and hand out a few leaflets for mine at the same time.
    The field needs mowing still, and at some point jam jars need de-sticking and labelling!

At least I have no cooking today as I made enough roast for 2days!

Hibou says 'Mornin n'all'... best go get the kettle on and give her her breakfast....
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Have a good run Hazel!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning everyone, managed some time in the garden yesterday and at last managed to get my spring bulbs in I'd forgotten about them tbh and came across them when I was rooting around the garage.

Whilst I was in there I found the asparagus crowns that arrived whilst we were in Spain a few weeks ago and my Mum forgot to mention wasn't expecting them till end of March so the beds not ready. Allotment for me today, if I can get the crowns in that would be great otherwise I'll have to pop them into some compost temporarily and hope for the best.

Have a great day...

Comment

• Hope your asparagus crowns survive, johnjohn. I can totally understand the grumpy face icon!

Had a great day yesterday. Dug up one of the onion beds. Was flagging somewhat towards the end but Mr Snoop came and gave me a hand. So we saw it through. 12 square metres done, a huge amount more to go! Change of plan for today: the Dunluce potatoes are really refusing to slow down on the chitting, so we'll be sorting out a couple of potato beds today. Might just be a case of weeding, mucking and rotavating rather than digging as well. The soil is in perfect condition. Shame it won't stay that way till we've done the whole lot.

Plus, I've ordered some hives! Plus, I've made my mind up on how many squash to grow. So, progress on those fronts too.

Here's to a jolly day for one and all.

Comment

• Good Morning You all sound full of vim and vigour - I'm not planning anything today just going with the Flo Enjoy your Sunday
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning its a wet and windy here so I'll be sowing seeds in my GH later.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Right - better get my kit on.

Comment

• Morning all, nothing going on here today. Boiled egg anyone?
                  Thinking about where I can set up the heated propagator, and then where to put the seeds once sprouted. My house has changed so much, this needs thinking about. Used to have them all on the dining table, that won't work now .......
                  Have a lovely day peeps
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Also up very early, husband has gone off to Birmingham for day, so was catching train at 7.00. But on the positive side, all the 'domestic stuff', was done by 9.30, I don't have to cook dinner, so might even sow some seeds! Or plant some potatoes even!
                    DottyR

Comment

• Good morning all. Just finished our fry-up treat. Bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes.
                      Off to mass and will decide what to do after that.
                      At the moment we have squally showers blowing on the wind but hoping it will improve later.
                      Have a good all.
                      Hope you have a good run Hazel.
                      That was a great days work you did yesterday while we were all sat watching rugby.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Eldests friend just arrived for a play. Youngest having cuddles on sofa. OH going shopping in a bit. Aim is to actually measure veg plot today and come up with a plan. As I'm going no dig I also need to put some paths in - have some woodchip.

Friends invites us over for pizza making and eating for dinner. V kind but tends to take ages and it's dryish and sunnyish!
                        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Cold day, poor hubby is busy digging out greenhouse base again. Looks like a never ending job bless him.

Just noticed some green shoots coming up from the onion sets so happy to see that. And a few shoots in the propogator.

Been on the boring homework supervision which thankfully is over so going to chill with a book

Have a great day everyone
                          LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Wash your mouth out Bramble - watch rugby? Moi? Nah! Sunny here Bren, but windy and cold. Pricked out some toms indoors
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all. Didnt do a lot today as the weather wasnt the best. Had a look in the nearby shops this afternoon and picked up two grow tunnels/ cloche type to protect my potatoes as the cat was digging in the soil.
                              3 metre long covered in black netting and all the metal fittings. Cost €8.35 each. So pleased with these and it will look better than trying to protect the potatoes with bits and bobs.
                              This will be the first job for tomorrow.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hello again.

Dug over another bed today, this one for the Dunluce potatoes. So they can go in in the next few days. Mr Snoop is starting to realise that he might have made a rod for his own back by volunteering to help with the digging. I've got eight days before I head off for a week. Would love to get five more beds done before I go: four about 10 square metres, one about seven square metres. A bit optimistic, I think...

I've been counting my garlic a bit less religiously recently. Looks like four will be no shows, but seeing as 80 have come up, that should be more than enough! Now time to start counting sprouts and spinach. This is a displacement activity, as I'd much rather be counting tomatoes, but they are sticking resolutely underground. I presume other people count their seedlings and that I'm not the only one...

Won't be checking in in the morning. So best wishes now for the week ahead.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X