Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flo what drives me is the fact that if I sit down for any length of time OH will find some housework for me to do
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Posted the one above too quickly
      OH is forever telling me to slow down and take a rest, but I like to keep myself occupied, I don't really enjoy watching TV, when I was young... er I always preferred taking part in sports, but not a great spectator, I have had my garden for more than forty years and it has never stayed the same for more than four years at a time, basically I like to try different things as well as keeping myself busy, which makes life more interesting ​​​​​​​
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning all.

Big smile for rary this morning. Really enjoyed reading your post above this morning, and all your earlier ones, of course.

The weather is perfect at the moment. Not too hot, not too cold. A bit blowy, but it's been horrendous these last couple of days, so it seems positively calm in comparison. The rain forecast for the weekend has been going up and down, but is currently back on the up. So all good.

I'm ploughing through the work. For once sending out more than is coming in. So all good there too.

I'm holding the fort with the dogs today as Mr Snoop is dropping off friend up the valley at a nearby railway station. He's leaving today, due back again in November. A bit of a sadly all too necessary dietary respite in between times. Mr Snoop is meeting another friend for lunch and due to do a grory hop afterwards. Which reminds me, I'd better go and sort out a shopping list.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Laundry's on the line and I've been wondering around the garden picking the fruit and veg we need today it looks like being a fine day here. Fingers crossed you get this weekends rain Snoop.

Enjoy your day
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All What a character you are one rary and what a catch you must have been - and I mean that in the nicest possible way, before you suggest I'm calling you a has been!
            Sunny here but black clouds looming. Have a good day ​​​​​​​
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Thanks for the big smile Snoop, I am having a day off today as OH wants to go to the Clyde valley for a look round, now that's an area that has changed a lot since I first visited, there were plant nurseries round every corner and most of them with tomatoes as their main product, though you could find most plants which were avaliable on the British Market and of course several with tea rooms the precursor of the garden centres, I have a distinct memory of sitting in one which was a two storey, green painted wooden building and the plant sales area was tiered down towards the Clyde, now long gone, though 5he memories are still there need to go and put some washing out before getting off, have a nice day and enjoy your self

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Bright, breezy and sunny.
                Laundry is out and the greenhouse is watered.
                Off out to the park for a walk.

Rary, I love reading your posts, they are always so interesting.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                  Not a late start but I’ve had to wait for an internet signal…roll on the next few weeks when we should have fibre up and running.

OH is strimming our woodyard which is just up the lane. When he gets back we’re going out in the camper again just for a few hours. That should tie in nicely with the tumbled washer load finishing. …I know..it’s August and should be on the line- but rain is threatening….

I love everyone’s posts!…you’re all brill

Speaking of brill …I treated myself to a suduko magazine the other day….it jumped into my shopping trolley ( on offer)
                  I decided to get a couple actually, one at the level I was doing a few years ago and also a harder one. Boy did I struggle with the medium ones to start with…clearly out of practice. I’m sure it’ll do me good taxing my brain.

I was going to pick blackberries again this afternoon, but I really fancy an outing in the camper
                  Well, it was that or ironing!!!!!

Enjoy your day peeps- see ya later!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

We had a shower of rain this morning luckily the laundry was dry it just needed airing.
                    I’ve spent the day between gardening, cooking and reading.
                    Enjoy your outing Nicos.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Cut the grass this morning. In spite of heavy black clouds we had no rain, they were blown on to the next village - when I drove through later on the way to do a grory hop, I could see they'd had a huge downpour. They are on a higher hill than our village, so always tend to get the rain more often, plus fog in winter.

The rubbish from the shed has gone to the tip (5 bags full ) but there's still some scrap metal and scrap wood to go , I just couldn't get it all in the car. I've vowed not to save off-cuts wood and old bits of metal any more, they never get used. There was an aluminium baking sheet that has been in there for at least 10 years, never found another use for it, so it's being chucked. Lots of other stuff like that. I'm not a hoarder , just a magpie .
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoo and all.
                        As I was walking in the park I spotted a BlackBerry Bush just ripe for picking.
                        Lucky I had a bag in my backpack.Came home with a little under a kilo
                        Now in the freezer with all the others.
                        Going to collect my grandson from playschool now.
                        He is starting in primary school on Friday.
                        Five years gone past already ...

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, not long back from the Clyde Valley, had a very enjoyable day out, first stop was at Garrison Bridges where we spent a bit of time walking round the antique section of the shops, it made me realise how fortunate I am with all the stuff I have in the garage and hut and OH keeps telling me to get rid of all the junk also picked up some seeds at 50% off OH suggested I sell some of the ones that are in the house, but as you will all know they will be sown sometime
                          As I didn't post on Sunday I forgot to mention that as our minister was unavailable we had another one standing in for him, the stand in was a young man who was a member of the scout group when I was a leader, it must be thirty odd years since I had last seen him, his first words were, my goodness you haven't changed a bit, what's your secret, I didn't want to push it by asking if I still look young or I always looked old🤔​​​​​​​

Comment

• That make me laugh Rary some people just don’t change with age do they.

Comment

• Did You Blush rary?
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evenin n’all n’all

Bavk from our camper trip out. Ended up going somewhere else instead of Plan A … but still one of our favourite places next to a river. We watched tree creepers and long tailed tits for hours - both are beautiful birds. The white heron ( egret ) was around too. Soooo relaxing to do nothing but watch but it was very damp and chill outside - deffo felt autumnal .

Rary - a heads up matey… tonight is the Blue Moon!
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X