X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon

Your hair looks nice Flo

Snoop it sounds worse than I imagined especially the hay shortage there’ll be this winter.

Hope it goes well at Surgery Rary.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks Bren Just back and feeling lighter
      Ouch rary, hope the nurse can sort it.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon all.

Glad you're going to see the nurse, Rary, big wood splinters can turn very nasty very quickly.

I don't know how you cope with that heat, Snoop, I'd be a puddle on the mat, give me frost and snow any day. My sister is a heat lover, but even she is finding the 40C Florida temps too much and stays indoors through the middle of the day, getting all the outside jobs done in the early morning.

I've not seen much of the day today. Yesterday afternoon I started having a clear-out of the glory hole under the stairs, and have spent most of this morning till now finishing the job. How could there be so much stuff under there? It's not that big a space. And what takes the most time is cleaning off the dust, dead spiders and other detritus that has accumulated on everything.

I have a medium sized pile for the charity shop, a large bin bag of rubbish to go, and some stuff that I must either find a new place for or give up, including 2 x 15" diameter tupperware cake boxes that I'm reluctant to discard, but have absolutely no use for cake-wise any more, and 6 bone china mugs that I love but don't need.

And I must promise myself to add NOTHING to what is now back under the stairs.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• I'm like your sister, mothhawk. I stay indoors in my basement hideaway nearly all day. Current temperature down here: 25 ºC. Outside, no idea and I'm not going to check!

Yes, the life of a farmer isn't easy, Bren In Pots. You're quite right about the hay situation. People with flocks of sheep and herds of cattle are selling their animals. Sad as traditional shepherding is now coming to an end here.

Edited to add: Congrats on the tidying job, MH. Are you really sure you have to discard the mugs? Not really wishing to undermine your efforts, but a bone china mug is a thing of joy to drink from. All we have are thick china mugs that people have given us and every time one breaks I'm not sorry. Gets me closer to a proper porcelain or bone china one.
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 22-08-2023, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• I sympathise MH, I cleared under the stairs Glory Hole when we had the flood last year. My family could not believe how organised it looked. It's a little less so now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              ... Are you really sure you have to discard the mugs? Not really wishing to undermine your efforts, but a bone china mug is a thing of joy to drink from. All we have are thick china mugs that people have given us and every time one breaks I'm not sorry. Gets me closer to a proper porcelain or bone china one.
              That's the thing. I really don't want to discard the mugs, but where to put them is the key. Definitely not back under the stairs. If I keep them I need to use them.

Hmm, perhaps I could squeeze them in with the glasses (Got far too many of those too!)
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                including 2 x 15" diameter tupperware cake boxes that I'm reluctant to discard, but have absolutely no use for cake-wise any more,
                MH I’ve got one of those Tupperware cake boxes it’s around 12” tall and is perfect for proving dough. The lid keeps the heat in and the flies out.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                  Well done Mothhawk on clearing out some unwanted items.
                  I do the same but fond it hard yo part with stuff.
                  Sometimes I think I'm just moving it from one place to the other.

Snoop, I dont envy you that heat, it just saps all your energy.

We had a nice cooling breeze here as we are on the coast.

Rary, I hope you get your finger sorted you're unfortunate.

Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope you managed to get your finger sorted, rary. Sounds like a really nasty injury. Had me going ouch, ouch just reading about it. Good luck to Mrs rary too. A big op but what a change it will make, especially for her but for both of you.

Mr Snoop off out on an errand run this morning, me and the dogs will be holding the fort. Looks like Mr Snoop's treatment of the missing claw is working well. So that's a relief. Loads to keep me busy as per, so better get a move on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Ouchy ouch rary…keep a close eye on that finger matey!

MH…is it worth hanging them on a mug tree? You might be tempted to use them occasionally, especially as you like them so much?

More Mrs Mop today …plus my favourite bit…ironing put it off too long and now I have no option. Typically, it’s going to be a lovely sunny day I best try and find some more nice films to watch at the same time to distract me

Enjoy your day peeps, unless hospitals are involved, it’s bound to be more fun than mine
                      Last edited by Nicos; 23-08-2023, 07:55 AM.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        It's a nice sunny morning at 17 degs.
                        A walk to the post office is on the cards.
                        Looking after my grandson this evening.
                        Bit of gardening in between.

Nicos, it really is too hot to be ironing.
                        Hope you find something to pass the time,

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All It's been raining here but brightening now. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning.

It's a totally a damp, dreary, drizzly morning here. What a surprise!

I got my Ikea delivery yesterday and am pleased with it. The floor standing reading lamp took very little effort to assemble and Mr GF is very happy with it.

Nicos, although my ironing pile is minute at the moment I think you've just encouraged me to do it as the thought of it growing is depressing. There are a few items in my wardrobe that I actually think twice about wearing as they are awful to iron .....or I'm just lazy these days.

I think I'll look for the banana loaf recipe next. I haven't made them for ages but I'm sure I wrote the recipe in the back of a recipe book so that I didn't lose it again.

Rary, I hope you've got your finger sorted out.

Comment

• I haven't been on here for a while... I have a blood clot in my leg, so I've been recovering from that. I haven't been able to get out to my garden, so I expect it's all overgrown now!

Comment

• Wondered where you were Sim, how awful for you, hope you're making a good recovery.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X