This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

It mild but misty out today so a pleasant walk over to the supermarket with my trolley, not many other shopping so I was in and out quick.

Snoop it sounds like you'll be mostly eating pasta with weekend, I do love pasta its really versatile.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. A dull but dry start.
      Went down to open the greenhouse this morning and found all my sweet upended and chewed up.
      Absolutely gutted as they were doing so well.
      I have been having bother with squirrels in the garden but dont think it was them.
      Looking on Google seems to suggest mice may be the culprit.
      I will be spending the afternoon doing a second sowing.
      Aside from that, have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
        Walked the dog this morning but it is tiring as walking through slush and ice is a pain. Can't wait until all this rotten weather has disappeared and I can crack on at the allotment. Until then, I think I will busy myself with a bit of indoor seed sowing today.

TTFN.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          Good Morning All Not sure I could cope with retirement.

You won’t know what hits you!...you’ll be rushing around doing all sorts of stuff
          Its a mindset tbh. If you enjoy being busy then you will find rewarding things to fill/ demand your time.
          If you want peace and calm then that’s achievable too!
          You’ll set your own future Difficult with all these lockdowns, but you will cope!
          Do you have a date yet for retiring?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• The people have been and removed tons of willow shoots ... I’ll set too and cut back the rest when it’s less soggy underfoot. Nice to have 1/2 the job already done!!!!
            Happy people all round eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

You won’t know what hits you!...you’ll be rushing around doing all sorts of stuff
              Its a mindset tbh. If you enjoy being busy then you will find rewarding things to fill/ demand your time.
              If you want peace and calm then that’s achievable too!
              You’ll set your own future Difficult with all these lockdowns, but you will cope!
              Do you have a date yet for retiring?
              We laugh at work because I've said I'll either be found dead at my desk, or in the middle of a meeting I'll just announce "Do you know what? I don't need to do this" and leave! As things stand at the moment, I don't want to let them down. There are plenty of things I could find to do at home, but I would have to find a purpose I think. Most perplexing
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• It doesn't help that Himself and I are poles apart so no shared interests. He's quite content watching TV and the world go by. He's also a technophobe and proud of it. Sorry, I'm moaning, but you're a sitting target!

Comment

• Fire away Flo!

You’ll find others who would love to share your common interests during the day...even at a distance.
                  At least then you’ll have plenty to chat about with your OH during the evening and common times together!
                  You might even find a common interest you’d not been aware of before...people do surprise you!..you might even surprise yourself!!

Don't dread it , it’s an exciting new facet to your life

Comment

• Thanks Nicos, I'll bear that in mind

Comment

• Ooh, I thought when I had an email from Yodel saying my delivery would arrive today. I just thought the plants I’ve ordered that I was told would be delivered end of Feb beginning Mar were early. No! It was stuff I ordered 3 weeks before Christmas, for Christmas. I cancelled the order and asked for a refund. They won’t go off and I can hang on to them for next Xmas. But I’m seriously p*$$ed off.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• I had my 1st COVID jab today. It was interesting only in that the carpark was a good 10mins brisk walk away. There was a car park immediately next to the vaccination centre for blue badge holders. Not all non badge holders are that limber to walk the distance between the carpark and the vaccination centre and there is no warning on the “invite”. The blue badge holders carpark was huge, so I fail to see why we all weren’t allowed to park there.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                          I had my 1st COVID jab today. It was interesting only in that the carpark was a good 10mins brisk walk away. There was a car park immediately next to the vaccination centre for blue badge holders. Not all non badge holders are that limber to walk the distance between the carpark and the vaccination centre and there is no warning on the “invite”. The blue badge holders carpark was huge, so I fail to see why we all weren’t allowed to park there.
                          Were there no staff on the car park? I have taken 3 people to 2 different vaccination centres at different times and the centres here were manned with amazing staff, inside and out. One centre had only on street parking but when I pulled up outside with an old man who couldn't walk but who doesn't have a blue badge as this is not a permanent condition they moved bollards, ushered me to a spot near the door and brought me a wheelchair to the car for him. The other centre were equally helpful when I took an old lady with mobility problems. However I do recommend checking in advance on facilities as the old man had previously been offered an appointment elsewhere and when I rang and checked beforehand they gave me enough information for me to decide it was unsuitable for him.

Comment

• Morning all. I see I'm first through the door again today, in spite of being late getting up.

Kettle's on for a second cuppa now if anyone wants one.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning, mothhawk, morning all.

Cloudy out there, misty too. Weather report featured 'calimar' in Spanish, dust in suspension in the air. Sounds like the Sahara's on the move.

Gotta lotta stuff to do today so better step on it this morning. Catch you all later.

Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Morning all. Well, the snow seems to have disappeared overnight and for the first time for a while I can see green grass on the lawn. Probably best not to walk on it though as its chucking it down and it will be a swamp.

Haven't got anything planned for today, but I may even sneak in an hour or two at the lottie.

TTFN
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X