• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely to see you Lottie

Bet you can’t wait now to get into your new home
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Light covering of snow and very frosty here. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon’all

Cold frosty start to the day here too, but no snow yet.
        Even Hibou had second thoughts about going out this morning!

I’ve set my mind to doing a pile of paperwork today. I did start it yesterday but it didn’t go according to plan, so I’ve phone calls to make etc, so best try and get it out of the way later.

First things first...kettle’s on!
        Last edited by Nicos; 08-02-2021, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Morning Nicos, morning all.

Plate of mince pies to go with brews this morning. Made yesterday, so not straight out the oven but still pretty good. I've just had one but I shouldn't have. You'll be doing me a favour, eating them. I'm supposedly back on the diet today.

Raining hard out there. According to the weather forecast, due to stop 9.00 am. That seems a bit precise! More due later as well.

Plenty to be getting on with indoors, so shall try to avoid getting wet. Even the dogs were happy to come back indoors after their breakfasts.

Right, on with the show. Have a good one, everyone. Stay warm, dry and safe.

Comment

• Morning its snowing here just a couple of inches up to yet but according the to met office its here for the day. Think I'll leave the JA's were they are I don't fancy digging some up today I'll make carrot soup instead.

Take care if you're out and about.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We’ve just had 1cm snow and it’s all but gone now.
              Why is watching snow falling so exciting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                We’ve just had 1cm snow and it’s all but gone now.
                Why is watching snow falling so exciting?
                Its like being inside a snow globe
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• ^^^ love it!

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Snowing on and off here and bitterly cold.
                    Have a good day all and stay warm

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, we are having blizzards just now and someone wants to go for a walk in it, at least we are unlikely to bump into anyone else out there lol.

Comment

• Morning,snow here,thankfully only a light covering,it keeps having flutters,the sooner it down the better,and spring can follow,the way things are going,my growing will be bare minimum for this year,as long as i get some beans,carrots,snips,and butternuts,that will be fine,oh and the odd tomato and cue ,stay safe all,maybe 1 day,we will be allowed out to play as pre covid,i am missing company,never mind,we still safe,Bgood2yourselves
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon Lottie and all. Good to see you Lottie, and hear things are going well.

The dust of snow we had here has almost gone and the sun is trying to shine. May tempt me out for a walk. We'll see....
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• I am so, so upset. One of the elderly in-laws, a feisty old lady of 89 had been in hospital for over a week. One of her problems was falling. So, can you believe, the ward staff let her fall...... and break her leg. That was Sunday morning. It is, according to them, a serious break. It requires surgery. They still haven't operated.....and there is no visiting!!! I feel so useless. I just want to bang my head (or preferably theirs) against a brick wall.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!

Comment

• ^^^^^(((((hugs))))))

Comment

• Hugs from me too gf... my ‘like’ is in sympathy...

Can you at least talk with her ?...when my mom was dying, the ward at least had a designated mobile phone for those without their own.
                                Goodness knows if it was fully COVID cleaned between patients, but it was lovely to at least speak with mom.
                                Apparently- I heard later- some wards have a designated iPad for seeing and chatting with loved ones....do chase them up. Does she have her own mobile in there with her?

Try not blame the ward staff...if she’s very independent she may well have got up on her own accord when there’s no staff around.
                                No idea if that’s the case, but when my MIL was in hospital there was a very confused lady who used to wander around pushing her bedside table instead of her Walker and the other ladies in her bay had to call out to the busy staff. She even had a ‘tether’ attached to her....a simple chord which came away when pulled and set off an alarm.
                                The staff were crazily busy 3 years ago , so goodness knows how busy and exhausted they must be these days. No excuse I know but sometimes these things are very difficult to prevent .

I just came on here to roll my eyes about the two Tom cats serenading Hibou outside our bedroom window....we’ve never had two before I actually feel sorry for them - it’s flipping cold out there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X