Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Interesting. I've never really got on with spades because of the great weight of clods of clay, much prefer forks. What are 'nancy' spades officially known as?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      ^Interesting. I've never really got on with spades because of the great weight of clods of clay, much prefer forks. What are 'nancy' spades officially known as?
      its a border Fork and Spade the head is about 2/3's the size or a normal one so not a long and not as wide sometimes referred to as a Lady's for or spade. These are the normal length ones
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

• The temperature hasn't got above freezing here yet, but at least the sun keeps trying to peek out from behind the clouds. I've already got the slow cooker bubbling gently away. The car is still an ice cube. I'm not going anywhere in a hurry. I think I'll make a birthday cake for one of my husband's old friends later to cheer him up (93 tomorrow). In non-covid times he used to call round about once a week for coffee, cake and a natter. I gave him little french bean plants and pea seeds last year and he got a decent crop.
        The other thing I'll have to do is try and get some information from the hospital about the in-law with the broken leg again. I can understand they are busy but when there is no visiting or mobile signal I really am getting frustrated!🤯

Comment

• I initially had one but the children kept wanting to use it when they helped out on the allotment when they were teenagers - so I bought a second one for me.
          Funnily enough OH often picks that one out of choice now too...although we do tend to use forks more tbh.
          Deffo worth have one Snoop!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            I initially had one but the children kept wanting to use it when they helped out on the allotment when they were teenagers - so I bought a second one for me.
            Funnily enough OH often picks that one out of choice now too...although we do tend to use forks more tbh.
            Deffo worth have one Snoop!
            I pretty well use a fork full time too Nicos, but I need to do some digging out of stuff so thought I'd get one. I had one before and my daughter managed to snap it off so she got a replacement and then promtly left it out the wood is in a poor state so I've got me one of my own and they can struggle I'll get a bottle of linseed to sort the handle out for them.

Deffo worth getting one Snoop as nicos says just as east but nor as heavy. I tried using an normal Digging spade but tsking a thinner slice but it doesn't work for me so went over to the border ones

ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

• Morning all(well mid day), been moving snow about, it's very fine and powdery, not good snow ball stuff, dug the car out of a snow drift and ran the engine for a few minutes to thaw everything out, it won't be enough to charge the battery, but it's clear of snow now. We are not supposed to be getting anymore snow, but it is just starting, so it looks like the forecasters are wrong again lol. No plans for today but sure a walk across the field may well happen if we don't get another blizzard. Take care all and keep warm and safe.

Comment

• Still cold, Frozen and snowy here.. not much happening in the garden (apart from the great snowman build) for a few days now
                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                - Henry Beard

Comment

• We were -6 C last night and have now hit the heady temperature of-1C, so , I think we’ll go for a walk in the snow soon.
                  Nothing quite like a kick around and a crunchy, squeaky walk in the sunshine eh?

I’m glad OH did some wood splitting yesterday and stored it nearer to hand! Good man...lots of brownie points for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    I’m glad OH did some wood splitting yesterday and stored it nearer to hand! Good man...lots of brownie points for that
                    We did wood yesterday MrP did the splitting my part was the barrow and stacking. will be finishing it of this afternoon. Soon warm up being out there and active.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                      Deffo worth getting one Snoop as nicos says just as east but nor as heavy. I tried using an normal Digging spade but tsking a thinner slice but it doesn't work for me so went over to the border ones
                      I'll have a look, see what I can see. There are times when I feel the need for a spade (burying bokashi waste, for example). Thanks NTG and Nicos.

Comment

• Morning, well it’s been a while, 10 years in fact, but Kinbrace in the Highlands has reached -20.5 tonight! Now that’s chilly!!! Hope you guys up there have the long johns looked out!!
                        -7 here at the moment! Brrr!!!

Editing to say Braemar has hit -21.4. Are you near there burnie?
                        Last edited by Jay22; 11-02-2021, 05:01 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• MorninJayn’all

Blinking heck that’s COLD

Its a balmy -6C here in comparison.

We went out for a hours walk yesterday in the snow and I dug out my merino wool thermals we bought for our trip to Sweden a couple of years ago.
                          Boy was I glad I had those!

Guess who may well find more indoor jobs to do today?

Keep warm, keep safe peeps!
                          Time for a nice brew....kettle’s on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                            Morning, well it’s been a while, 10 years in fact, but Kinbrace in the Highlands has reached -20.5 tonight! Now that’s chilly!!! Hope you guys up there have the long johns looked out!!
                            -7 here at the moment! Brrr!!!

Editing to say Braemar has hit -21.4. Are you near there burnie?
                            That is very cold. Hope you're all doing OK up north. Chilly here today, but it feels a bit silly mentioning it in comparison.

Up before the birds today to finish a job. Then easy street beckons for a few days at least. Got some work, but no emergency deadlines. Drizzle forecast for much of the rest of this week and rain next. So that's the kibosh put on my digging plans. I'll just have to go through my seeds. Poor me!

Hope you all have a lovely day. Stay warm. And stay safe.

Comment

• Morning all

Today's the day I MUST brave the elements. If I can get the car out of the street, I will go and do some much needed shopping. I've never seen the fridge so bare and I've actually got a bit of room in my freezer.
                              Minus 18 here supposedly so hopefully the car will start.
                              Just enjoying a cuppa before I make a start. Lighting woodburner is a priority.

TTFN
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning we've had our lowest temp this season -4.5c in my GH not as cold as other areas I can't imagine what -20 feels like. Of shopping soon just a bit of a look around while I eat breakfast

Take care if you're out and about.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X