Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all. Driving gale force winds with hail, rain and snowsowers.
    I havnt seen weather so bad in years.
    No plans for the day but will be watching the rugby this afternoon.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning everybody.

Sunny here and the glass has risen to 0C. Still snow in my back garden though, as the sun doesn't even reach halfway down the back fence till mid March. Isn't it lovely that the days are getting longer? The daylight grows by 4 minutes a day so that's almost 2 hours a month! Very encouraging at this time of year
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Very slow start to the day for me.
        Diet on hold for now, so we had bacon and egg butties for breakfast!

Seems like we have nicer weather today than most of you?
        Still very nippy though.

Today is going to be devoted to domestics

The quail water container ( think of bunny bottle with tube to lick) shattered in the cold the other night. I should go and get them another one but don’t want to mix in public at weekend espesh as it’s half term here. They seemed to cope with the small bowl so I’ll keep using that for now.

Hope everyone has a good weekend- keep warm and safe peeps!
        Last edited by Nicos; 13-02-2021, 11:43 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
          Morning everybody.

Sunny here and the glass has risen to 0C. Still snow in my back garden though, as the sun doesn't even reach halfway down the back fence till mid March. Isn't it lovely that the days are getting longer? The daylight grows by 4 minutes a day so that's almost 2 hours a month! Very encouraging at this time of year
          I thought it was 2 mins a day here. An hour a month.

Comment

• I’m not sure, but is it roughly an hour at each end of the day?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              I’m not sure, but is it roughly an hour at each end of the day?
              I thought an hour in total, otherwise I think somebody else is pinching some of ours.....not really important as long as it's going the right way. I was actually struggling to find something to look forward to this morning.........longer, warmer days!! Yes.

Comment

• gf...Although it’s really cold here, when the sun came out in the early afternoon yesterday I could actually feel warmth on my face.
                Its starting peeps!yippppeeee!

Comment

• Afternoon,sun been out here again,but cold,still got some lying snow and a icicle,not seen one them things for yonks,pond and buts frozen,the chickens are STILL giving eggs,out the 4 i get aprox23 eggs a week,still plenty to share about,although i should really be making cake for the freezer,today am playing domestics,got to keep things on top,fairy will come and do oven,showers and a final vacume just before moving day,if it ever comes ,like has been said,it is great now the nights are getting lighter,only a few weeks to clock changes again,now where HAS that time gone,right,back to the kitchen,and see what else i can pack up and live without for now,stay safe and lets Bgood2ourselves.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening all, hope you are all well!! Still very cold here but I think today is the last it’s to be wet but mild tomorrow. Much prefer the cold.
                    Nicos, lovely to hear you are having a granddaughter!! My daughter and hubby decided not to find out what they are having so the family have an unofficial sweep going...don’t tell them!! Shhh!!
                    Remember to pop in and let us know when she is born, so exciting!!
                    lottie, hope hubby is well today. Have you a moving date yet?
                    Well stay safe everyone and enjoy the rest of your evening. x
                    sigpic

Comment

• Evening all, still brutal up here, we tried to go to the big village for a prescription, but the snow drifts drove us home before we got there, love to look at the snow, but I will be happy when it goes now lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I thought it was 2 mins a day here. An hour a month.
                        The sun rises 2 minutes earlier and sets 2 minutes later every day. Here today sunrise was at 07:24 and sunset at 07:13, tomorrow's sunrise is 07:22 and sunset 07:15.

It changes month by month, gradually getting more daylight hours each day.

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/uk/leicester?month=2
                        Last edited by mothhawk; 13-02-2021, 09:50 PM.
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• After the Spring equinox the increasing day length slows until the summer solstice, when it starts to go the other way.
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            gf...Although it’s really cold here, when the sun came out in the early afternoon yesterday I could actually feel warmth on my face.
                            Its starting peeps!yippppeeee!
                            Exciting!!!!!! Hope all goes well
                            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Good Morning All Fine and freezing. Pan's on. Have a lovely Sunday
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning we 've got rain for the day hopefully it will get rid of the snow.

Will call back later to see if Nicos has any news.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X