Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, the snow's all gone from our garden still some on the hills though so i'll be able to get out in the garden and dig out some JA's and check if there's any parsnips left in the bed. Other than that i'm baking bread and scones.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope you get your oxygen generator today, Snadger. Big hug to you and your OH.

Very cold in the night and a very hard frost in the morning. The dogs had a deep frozen breakfast this morning (biscuits are currently outdoors in a barrel, should probably move them back into the garage). Sadly, the almond trees are just bursting into blossom, so the frost and cold weather on the horizon will put paid to a decent nut harvest. The trees have been taken in by the warm weather since the snow and are blossoming a month earlier than usual.

Got a reasonably busy day on the cards today. I actually got sent some work!

Thrushes going mad at the olive tree outside my window. Or rather one thrush is shooing away all the others to ensure he gets full rights to all the olives on it. Little birds scavenging the olives knocked off the tree in the melee. Sparrows at the feeding station I set up during the snow. Sadly, I haven't seen either of the robins or the wren since then, so maybe they didn't survive. No blackbirds as far as I can tell from lack of song.

Right, that's enough of that. Time to get on with work.

Have a lovely day, everyone. Stay warm and safe.

Comment

• Morning, wild wet and windy today, at least it's above freezing for the first time in ages, keep safe all.

Comment

• Good Morning All Lots of thawing going on. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning bright, dunny and dry for a change.
            The outdoors calls.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hello all

Bit of a dreary day today. My seed potatoes are chitting away nicely on the windowsill though

We havent had any snow here yet, we did have a slight dusting a few weeks back but nothing that lasted longer than about 2 hours.
              i think we're due some early next week but i wont hold my breath. It would be nice for my son to see proper snow for the first time.
              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
              - Henry Beard

Comment

• I think your robin must be here Snoop. There’s an unusually brave one inspecting us at regular intervals whilst we are working on the camper. We’ve noticed they don’t tend to be as friendly here - maybe because of all the buzzards flying around they keep more hidden?

Glad someone else got the nice weather...not sure who, but it’s been peeing down since I last posted

I’ve just been out to get our prescriptions and noticed our local river has burst its banks.The fields look absolutely sodden.
                I also went to collect the seed potatoes...but they are still not in. Pah...It feels that spring is on its way when you see the spuds chitting!

I also noticed one of our daffs is opening up into bloom!...lovely

Hope your delivery arrives today Snadge.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon, wild and wet weather yesterday, overnight and today. Decided not to go for my daily walk yesterday due to the weather but need to get outside today! Need some fresh air. No snow as yet, think I’m the only one in my family who likes the snow.
                  Hope you all have a lovely day. x

sigpic

Comment

• Just found out that our Grandson has been posted to his first ship, HMS Lancaster. So proud

Comment

• Well done that lad!

Comment

• Morning all.

My toy arrived yesterday. Also got a delivery of pasta flour. So looking good for a busy weekend, pasta-wise. Hope your OH's oxygen generator arrived, Snadger. Another thing that arrived, a half-price mouse (computer variety) that came up as a special offer on Amazon. How did they know that my previous mouse had stopped working? Very odd and doesn't bear thinking about too much.

Want to finish off the current round of work and then set to having fun cooking and digging this weekend. Rain was forecast but is now postponed to Monday. So it looks like the weather is accompanying me, as they say round these parts.

Had a good chat with Mr Snoop while he was trying to get back to sleep: a decision has been made for the location of a beehive. Not sure if any will move in, but this in itself is a breakthrough.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Stay safe, everyone. Plenty of Rary smiles left, so here's another one all round.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

we’ve got members of a nature association we belong to coming over this morning to collect some willow for their craft event.
                          They come twice a year and make living art with it in a nearby field.
                          They are most welcome to it but it beggars belief that they are intending to run workshops when we are so close to a tighter lockdown.

Still, I’m hoping to do a bit of weeding today as it’s actually stopped raining and the sun is trying to poke through the clouds .

Comment

• Thanks for the smiles Snoop, much appreciated

I’ve a few hugs to hand out too!

Comment

• Morning all, not so cold again but the wind goes right through you, straight from Scandinavia and over a very cold North Sea, day by the fire beckons again, might get out for a short walk later, take care all.

Comment

• Good Morning All Damp and dreary here. Groceries due this morning, then some ironing. Not sure I could cope with retirement. Have a good day All

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X