Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chat back number 21

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good morning.
    Another day of sleety trained wind.
    Another day of being housebound.
    Nothing planned so instead the papers,TV and makea jigsaw day.

    I have never made lemon urdo may givthatatry.
    Love making jams and jelly but no fruitleftin the freezers this year.

    Have a good day all and stay safe and warm.

    And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

    Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

    Comment


    • Yes, only the one freezer and it was a battle of wills to get that! Not easy when you run off solar panels. A few consecutive cloudy days means running off the generator and that's expensive, not to say noisy. How do you manage, Nicos? Or do you have mains power? As it doesn't look like I'll have much work this year, my summer challenge is going to be learning how to bottle fruit and veg. I have a proper American canner that a friend brought over from the States for me, just need to bite the bullet and get on with it.

      So today's mission completed: big shop done and packed away. Time for a nap, methinks.

      Have a lovely Sunday afternoon. Catch you all later.

      Location: north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep. Last frost: usually mid-April, sometimes first week in May. First frost: mid-October.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        Yes, only the one freezer and it was a battle of wills to get that! Not easy when you run off solar panels. A few consecutive cloudy days means running off the generator and that's expensive, not to say noisy. How do you manage, Nicos? Or do you have mains power? As it doesn't look like I'll have much work this year, my summer challenge is going to be learning how to bottle fruit and veg. I have a proper American canner that a friend brought over from the States for me, just need to bite the bullet and get on with it.

        So today's mission completed: big shop done and packed away. Time for a nap, methinks.

        Have a lovely Sunday afternoon. Catch you all later.
        When I lived in Spain we had a fridge/freezer that ran on bottled gas. We bought it secondhand and it was brilliant as long as I cleaned the flue once a month.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

          When I lived in Spain we had a fridge/freezer that ran on bottled gas. We bought it secondhand and it was brilliant as long as I cleaned the flue once a month.
          Yes, we have one of those too. Very useful. And the freezer section is chock-a-block as well.
          Location: north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep. Last frost: usually mid-April, sometimes first week in May. First frost: mid-October.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

            Yes, we have one of those too. Very useful. And the freezer section is chock-a-block as well.
            I ought to have known!!
            I will never forget ringing up the repairman to come and fix/service ours as it was the very first conversation over the phone I had in Spanish with a complete non-English speaker.........and he managed to follow my directions, find us and was so, so helpful.

            Comment


            • We have mains electricity. We also have a backup generator in the same cellar so if we have a long power outage we can still run the 3 freezers and the central heating pump ( hot water). When you have paying guests, you can’t let them go without if you can help it!

              We got a lot of the wall insulation done today but some bits are amazingly tricky....
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

              Location....Normandy France

              Comment


              • Paying guests. I'd forgotten about them, Nicos. All the more reason to keep your car.

                So today has turned bright and very windy after a cloudy start. Relative warm night by recent standards, 3.4 ºC. Left the outside door open so the two younger dogs could run about and deter the invader cat. They're flat-out, fast asleep now after their breakfast. Could be a peaceful morning at Chez Snoop.

                Got some work to get through that I could have done late last week but didn't. So that will keep me busy for the day.

                Big news is my Kenwood pasta attachment is at long last arriving today, supposedly. We're dieting till Friday but Saturday is going to be pasta day. If it isn't too cheeky to ask, would you mind sharing your tried and tested tagliatelle recipe, Bren?

                On with the show. Catch you all later. Have a great day, everyone. Stay safe.
                Location: north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep. Last frost: usually mid-April, sometimes first week in May. First frost: mid-October.

                Comment


                • Morning we have sunshine today pity its so cold with it.

                  Tagliatelle recipe enough for 4 so we freeze half after cooking

                  5 oz plain flour
                  7 oz semolina
                  3 medium eggs ( doesn't always need all the egg)
                  mix till it looks like breadcrumbs with K beater
                  half teaspoon of salt
                  Location....East Midlands.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                    Morning we have sunshine today pity its so cold with it.

                    Tagliatelle recipe enough for 4 so we freeze half after cooking

                    5 oz plain flour
                    7 oz semolina
                    3 medium eggs ( doesn't always need all the egg)
                    mix till it looks like breadcrumbs with K beater
                    half teaspoon of salt
                    Fantastic. That looks grand. I'm intrigued that you freeze it after cooking. I've never heard of that before. Sounds brilliant and would suit me down to the ground. Thanks, Bren.
                    Location: north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep. Last frost: usually mid-April, sometimes first week in May. First frost: mid-October.

                    Comment


                    • Mornin n’alln’all

                      Slow start for me...we’ve been hunting down a tap and finally found exactly the right one. Just one more thing to check about it, but it’s a relief!
                      Having spent all afternoon in the camper yesterday afternoon in the semi dark of the rain, we’re thinking of keeping one of the windows
                      we were planning on boarding up.
                      I love how things evolve!
                      Bit like my plans for the veggie plots....it never ends up looking like the original plan!

                      I have frozen fresh bought raw pasta before but strangely never thought of freezing my own once cooked. ( I’m presuming you mean without being smothered in sauce?)
                      You are full of brill tips and ideas Bren! Thanks!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

                      Location....Normandy France

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                        Paying guests. I'd forgotten about them, Nicos. .
                        Me too...looks like we may have to keep the gites closed this year too

                        I could get used to not ironing and perpetual cleaning!

                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

                        Location....Normandy France

                        Comment


                        • Good Morning All Frosty and sunny again here today. Cup of tea in bed, lovely. No plans for anything in particular, just going to enjoy the time off. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game

                          Comment


                          • Good morning all.
                            It's actually a dry morning so I am out for a walk.
                            The weather has been so awful we have been shut in the whole weekend.
                            A new month and one step closer to spring.
                            Today is St. Brigids day in my world, used to get the dsy off from school.
                            Have a good day all.


                            And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

                            Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Morning, when we looked out at 04.30 it was snowing, when I got up 4 hours later it had all gone, sun keeps peeping out, but the clouds look a bit ominous, maybe more sleet or snow on the way, stay safe and warm all.
                              If I'm not on here, I'm probably fishing.
                              Gardening in the NE of Scotland

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

                                Fantastic. That looks grand. I'm intrigued that you freeze it after cooking. I've never heard of that before. Sounds brilliant and would suit me down to the ground. Thanks, Bren.
                                We just found it easier to make double to re-heat pop the frozen pasta in boiling water for a min or 2 then its ready.

                                Edited to say
                                No sauce Nicos just the drained pasta.
                                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 01-02-2021, 11:06 AM.
                                Location....East Midlands.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Recent Blog Posts

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X