This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all

Dog walkies time soon so quite looking forward to a stroll in the sunshine to lift the spirits.

TTFN
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all. A dull grey start here.
      A walk in the park, and domestics.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Frosty start here too.Looks like the magnolia tree has been hit by it

OH is starting to feel better thank goodness.
        It’s one thing asking him to sneak eat away from me whilst I’m dieting, but having to go and make him food whilst he’s ill and then walk away has taken some determination!

Snadge- I lost 6lbs last week. I was hoping for more but I’m very pleased with that!
        Going to try again for one more week, but I’m struggling by mid afternoon tbh. I’ll play it by ear.

Thanks for the Smiles Snoop - always appreciated.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all,STILL NOTHING,thanks for the smiles Snoop,hope i not been to greedy,the smile pot is like space,no ending ,things up and down here,but over all slowly coming up,youngest is a good help,went lottie yesterday took MR,he just sits in the car,son came down and dug up the parsnips and a few spuds,and last of the things i want are now home,so thats another chapter almost closed,i still have a gate key till end of the year,if i want space and chill zone with MR,just until we move that is,it was lovely in the sun yesterday,i am still switching of and sleeping,suppose this is it until i get a date,had a good shop saturday whilst son father sat ,got some butternut seeds,hunter f1,that's all there was,never grown this variety before,so we shall see,will sow them along with a few toms and cue,next month,as i not want leggy plants to transport,the upside i hope will be,the squash will ne slower growing,and if any toms get magled,i can put im a glass of water to root again,and maybe so a few fresh,although,other years,i have noticed that,the tom seeds sown several to the pot,stay small until transplanted,so there is my answer,hedge my bets hehehe,i will have a green house and a large conservatory put things at the new place,IF we get there before june,see U later
          Last edited by lottie dolly; 22-03-2021, 12:05 PM.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning All,

Lovely day here again today. I always think when the weather is nice, the day seems much more manageable.

New project starts today - operation "create an outside seating area for when we can have people in the garden again"
            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Got a good couple of hours weeding in yesterday. I'm sure the fresh air makes me feel better even if my back is complaining today.
              Had a window visit today with one of the in-laws who is in respite care in a care home. I don't know if she even wants to go home with lockdown still in place. She is like a different person.
              Just called at the supermarket and got some dried apricots and chicken among other things. Yesterday my husband was watching Rick Stein in India on TV and fancies his chicken and apricot curry so I've found the recipe online and I'll be attempting it later.
              http://beebrecipes.co.uk/recipe/chic..._apricot_15424

Comment

• ^That sounds nice, GF. Got all the ingredients in the house. I'll add it to the list of things to cook when Mr Snoop can eat it. Currently suffering with a mouth infection and is on a mainly liquid (but no alcohol) diet. Poor man.

Comment

• Morning All,

Very early start this morning but it meant i got to see the sunrise on my drive into work which was nice.

Moved a Myrtle bush in the garden last night, fingers crossed it handles the move ok...

I did find something very interesting. i dug down about 1ft, and found a weed mat, after slicing through it, i discovered loads of large rocks - rubble if you will, with absolutely no soil around them at all. like they had been put in as a very crude drain or levelling agent (as we are about 1m higher than our neighbour)
                  "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                  - Henry Beard

Comment

• Good Morning P and All Chilly but fine, though very grey out there. Have a good day All
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Heavier frost here with mist this morning...and now the sun is shining .
                      Gardening later when it warms up a tad more!

OH is back to normal today, but what a weekend!...he’s never ill so I think it was a shock to him tbh!

gf...good to hear your in law is doing ok . Quality of life both physically and mentally is so important for all of us. x

Best go and get the washing machine earning its living!..see ya later peeps- enjoy your day!

Comment

• PS Snadge.....I’m hungry !!!!!aaaahhhh....I best go and get a mug of hot water
                        Need to keep distracted.........need to keep distracted!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peteyd View Post
                          I did find something very interesting. i dug down about 1ft, and found a weed mat, after slicing through it, i discovered loads of large rocks - rubble if you will, with absolutely no soil around them at all. like they had been put in as a very crude drain or levelling agent (as we are about 1m higher than our neighbour)
                          That is an odd find. Why the weed mat as well? To stop triffids coming up from the deep...?

Anyway, just about on top of things today. And tonight will be the last chilly night of this cold spell too. Managed to do a bit of weeding yesterday, but not much. Plenty more to go. But manageable. Bit more today with a load more work to make life easier from tomorrow onwards.

Have a great day. The bag of smiles is even wrigglier. They'll be bursting out soon so definitely take more and spread them about in true Rary style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            PS Snadge.....I’m hungry !!!!!aaaahhhh....I best go and get a mug of hot water
                            Need to keep distracted.........need to keep distracted!!!
                            Try miso soup. Only about 9 calories in a tsp of miso and it's so savoury, it feels like you've had something proper to eat.

Comment

• Ok...thanks for the tip!

I now need to put it on my shopping list

Comment

• Morning all. Late start today, still in bed drinking tea (mint) and looking at me phone.
                                Thanks for the smiles Snoop, have taken a couple
                                Postman has just been so it could be junk mail excitement next..
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X