Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Fine but cold here. Lots of bird song and seems a bit lighter. Have a good day All
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning FF, morning all.

Bit of blue in the sky today but clouds starting to gather. Apparently a bit of drizzle today and wind starting to pick up. The anticyclonic weather is over. Didn't last long. The rain forecast for next week is looking interesting. 80 litres per square metre predicted at the moment. Plus a bit of snow. Better send Mr Snoop off to the shops before that. That'll be three weeks and more since the last shop, so could be worse.

Work going a bit mad. Projects supposedly finished turn out not to be. The bank manager will be happy. Mr Snoop has volunteered to sort out the irrigation system for me and not just for my patch up by the house but also for down in the fields. This is a big deal in two respects. It's a lot of work and it means that I can grow as many leeks as Nicos last year. Plus more squash. Brilliant.

Right, better get on with it. Got more work to get through than I care to think of in the next few days. Plus, I want to get those leeks started.

Have a good one, everyone. Don't forget to help yourself from the bag of smiles. Looks like the more we take out, the more there are the next day. So we'll never run out.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all!

Breakfast on me this morning... take your pick!

Click image for larger version

Name:	18B6C224-A37B-4150-BA25-82F661E59843.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	2519906

enjoy!
        (OH went and bought some for us earlier and that’s the display cabinet he had to choose from!)

Te he Snoop- I only have about 80 leek plants left to pick!

We have blue sky and sunshine here.... off out for the day soon

yesterdays vaccination went well - just s few hot flushes afterwards but arm seems less sore than after the last flu jab!
        I do have one heck of a bruise though!

See ya later peeps... enjoy your day and raise s glass/mug to me ... cos it’s my burpday!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning another wet day here but not so windy with it so not bad to be out and about will be calling in for my weekly lateral flow test later on this morning,

It sounds like having your jab won't be spoiling your birthday outing to much Nicos. xx enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Happy birthday, Nicos. Twice as many leeks as years? Hope you have a lovely day.

That's an amazing selection. French pastries and patisserie are fantastic. Can I be greedy and take two? One of those round pastries at the front and I bet there's a tarte au citron in there somewhere down at the other end. I promise to share them with Mr Snoop...

Comment

• The sun woke me up shining through a crack in the curtains, but by the time I'd actually got out of bed it had disappeared. My husband says I frightened it away. It is now very cloudy, windy and 6°C but feels like 2°C. Evidently an 80% chance of rain in the next hour.
              Roll out those lazy, crazy, hazy days of Summer.........with open shops and pubs selling beer!!!!
              Nicos could I have a nice pain au chocolat please. It will go down well with the coffee my husband has just made me.....and Happy Birthday!
              Last edited by greenishfing; 12-03-2021, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all, and happy birthday Nicos!
                Is there a macaron in that display? Only I've given up everything containing flour for Lent and macarons/macaroons are about the only things that don't contain flour.

You've passed the sun to me, GF, it's shining through the gaps in the clouds. Had a grocery collection this morning and it was very chilly out. The glass said 6°C but it felt like -3! I'm warming up with a cup of hot cocoa, so the macaron will be lovely with it.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all and the dun is shining.
                  Very cold with a strong breeze.
                  Love the pastry mix Nicosand I will have a croissant.
                  Happy birthday and enjoy your day out.
                  Must call to the post office today.
                  Take care all and catch up later.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, it’s dull, chilly, and wet here but those pastries have cheered me up Nicos...wishing you a very happy birthday!! x
                    Enjoy your day everyone. x
                    sigpic

Comment

• Happy Birthday Nicos, we have a cold and windy day, but the sun is shining at least, more snow for the hills means the temperatures are still too low for gardening yet.

Comment

• A beautiful morning here. nice and sunny. i even rocked the shades on my drive in!

Happt Birthday Nicos and Happy Friday All.

Here's to a good and productive weekend!
                        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Afternoon peeps,the wind has been wicked here ,blew a couple of panels out the fence,back in now,thank you son,still no news,you all sound busy busy,hope your having a good day Nicos,
                          to anyone CARING for a person,if you not seen the message from virgin,then when you fill in the censor form,fill that bit in as appropriate,apparently,the reason is,it shows the powers that be,a better idea of how many more peeps are involved,and thus wants more moneys going to that sector,have a good evening and Bgood2youselves
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Thanks for the amazing burpday wishes!

Glad you enjoyed your pastries...it’s under new management and is ticking everyone’s boxes for everything it produces!

Oh Snoop....I had one of those round pastries at the front! Never seen it before.
                            OMG!
                            I really hope they NEVER make them again or I’ll be camping outside their shop!

(MH...their macarons are 3” in diameter!!!)

it was a Brioche base with a layer of soft apple and raspberry , then a layer of soft baked apricot, sprinkled with a crispy layer of almond crumble.... good job my diet starts on Monday eh?
                            Last edited by Nicos; 12-03-2021, 04:55 PM.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

•  
                              ntg
                              Never be afraid to try something new.
                              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                              ==================================================

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                ... it was a Brioche base with a layer of soft apple and raspberry , then a layer of soft baked apricot, sprinkled with a crispy layer of almond crumble.... good job my diet starts on Monday eh?
                                I do enjoy a danish pastry or even a good old Croissant especially slathered in butter and either blackcurrant or apricot jam ... Hope you have a good day Nicos and many more of them.
                                ntg
                                Never be afraid to try something new.
                                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                                ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X