This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
    ... I shall have to brave the GC soon, to buy some seed compost. I'm itching to start sowing, but nothing to sow seeds into. I've not been into a store for over a year so It's going to be strange...
    I shall have to brave the post office too. Had a letter today saying my driving licence is due for renewal. Had a bit of a shock at first as the renewal was dated June 2020 . Then read the next page to see renewal had been deferred 11 months because of Covid. Phew!
    Can't do it online as I need a valid passport and I let mine expire at the end of 2018 so I could get a proper blue one again in 2020. Another thing that has ended up deferred.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All Wildly windy and wet! Hi Ho off I go. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Another bright day ahead by the look of it. Another really hard frost overnight, as well. And another day of slamming away at the keyboard. Back to doing some gardening tomorrow, I hope.

Catch you all later. Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Morning, drizzle this morning and 6 degrees. The excitement for today is the grocery shop arriving!!
          Clearing out the house and have loads of novels, do charity shops still accept them (when they are open), seems a shame to just throw them away.
          Anyhoo, hope you have a lively day. x
          sigpic

Comment

• Morning wet and windy here as well Flo, its recycling day so there's lots of paper and plastic blowing up and down the street
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Jay some accept books others don't best to check before you turn up with them.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Hi Snadge!
                I was wondering how you are getting on with the diet..how are you getting on with it?...you sound impressed.
                What does it entail apart from only eating once a day?

I dropped out of my dieting a few weeks ago but intend to kick start my Fast 800 next Monday with a short break for Easter.

Any tips gratefully received!
                I’ve successfully managed daily 15 hrs fasting but not 24 hrs
                Morning all.

Diets going really well Nicos. Started at 16.5 stone down to 15 stone after a fortnight. Haven't weighed myself recently but will be down again since last weigh in. Target is 14 stone which is 1/2 stone heavier than when I was married 45 years ago.
                OMAD I find quite easy, and very easy to organise. I fancy trying a 48 hour fast sometime just haven't got round to it. I have a list of OMAD for a week and just buy requirements on weekly shop. Supposed to drink a gallon of water a day but I rarely get that far, usually about 3 litres. Cider vinegar and water before my daily meal at about 7.00pm. I could quite happily do this for life, and if and when I reach my target weight I will just start adding a few carbs, which I am doing without just now. Its really a KETO/OMAD diet.

My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning AGAIN

Apologies for length of previous post.

Wet and windy here today. I thought the roof was going to blow off last night the way the slates were rattling. Not particularly looking forward to walking dog this morning, but hey-ho, needs must.

Take care and TTFN
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning, we had a wet and windy night, but now its a gentle breeze and the sun is trying to peep through the clouds, still quite cold, 7 degrees at the moment, so still just doing indoor gardening, take care all.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Very blowey here too.

OH has a woodworking friend over today to help with some of the tricky bits of the cladding...which is a relief , and means I can stay indoors!

Snadge..wow and wow again...well done that man! It’s certainly working for you!
                      Very impressed tbh.
                      Dont you get lightheaded during the fasting time?

Right...domestics need starting...where’s that washing machine......
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. Bright and very breezy here but dry.
                        A shower day forecast but it's better than yesterday.
                        Grocery shopping will be the highlight of the day for me.
                        Snadge, very well done on your weight loss and keep going.
                        Don't know if I could do one meal a day but would manage two.
                        Have a good day all..

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Mornin n’alln’all

Very blowey here too.

OH has a woodworking friend over today to help with some of the tricky bits of the cladding...which is a relief , and means I can stay indoors!

Snadge..wow and wow again...well done that man! It’s certainly working for you!
                          Very impressed tbh.
                          Dont you get lightheaded during the fasting time?

Right...domestics need starting...where’s that washing machine......
                          No I don't get light headed but as you can imagine once I hit the 20 hours mark I get very hungry! I offset this by drinking the majority of my water at this time. When I first started I had rumbling tum, Diarrhea, and constipation at various times but now my stomach has got used to the diet and everything is back to normal. Lots more energy, less weight mean less pain in the auld joints. I have never eaten as much salad or broccoli in my life.

I wouldn't dare putting clothes on the washing line here today.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• A late good morning all.

Been to the P.O. to renew my driving licence then on to the GC.

Nicos, you were so right! I really enjoyed having a mooch round all the plants and incidentals outside. Just a shame so much of the inside is now composed of totally un-gardening related stuff. I got compost and grit for sowing and potting on. Happy bunny!
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Jay, re books, there's a book swap site here - http://bookmooch.com/ I've just found in in a goggle search, so not tried it, but it looks interesting - I may have a look around to see if I have any books I could bear to part with, just to give it a go.

or you see if they are worth selling here
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Hello All,

windy old day today. Not much happening in the garden today!
                                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                                - Henry Beard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X