X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin Bones’n’all

And Happy Spring to you too
    Its definitely a psychological landmark isn’t it?

Another quiet day here. OH is still flu-like after his vaccine on Friday evening, but his temperature is steadily dropping.
    Glad I didn’t have those symptoms....it would have scuppered my birthday plans!

We are members of a group/ society encouraging ecological hedge management and yesterday we had a two groups of people over to collect a pile of our willow clippings for their fields. That saved us clearing them away! And everyone is happy.
    Nice to share isn’t it?

Enjoy your day peeps

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, Mr Bones and FF. Morning, all.

Bright blue out there. But still pretty chilly and a decent wind has whipped up. Wednesday temps will start to rise again, so they say.

Got a busy day ahead, so better get a move on. Have a good one all.

Edited: snuck in there, Peteyd. Hello to you too.
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 21-03-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Ooo...you snuck in there Peteyd!
        Great to see you back with us again.
        Speaking of woodstores, we need to order another 10 cubic meters Thanks for the heads up !

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Ooo...you snuck in there Peteyd!
          Great to see you back with us again.
          Speaking of woodstores, we need to order another 10 cubic meters Thanks for the heads up !
          Ah i see you use the metric measurement for wood... i use the old-fashioned "however much can fit on the back of the tipper truck before it hits its stops" method...

There really is something quite satisfying about a Wood delivery. i always like to choose a "yule" log for us to burn on Christmas Eve.
          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning a sunny start to the day so perfect for being in the garden, lots of potting on today and seed sowing.

Enjoy your Sunday.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

The sun's out. I can see 3 buzzards circling over the houses across the way, it must be warm enough for the dark roofs to be creating thermals. And amazingly, in the short time it's taken to type this, they have risen high enough to turn off and swoop away.

I've sown some Maskotka toms today, plan to grow them in hanging baskets, and potted up some begonia cuttings that rooted in a jar of water. I only put them there as the parent plant needed cutting down as it had grown so big, and the bits had flowers on so I popped them in water. Now I've enough for a hanging basket, so that's that sorted.

And spider plants..... does anyone else find it hard to throw out healthy plants? I've got 6 spiders that have outgrown their pots, so I potted on 3 babies, but I could only bring myself to oust one of the adults. Sigh. It's so hard to say goodbye to them......
              Last edited by mothhawk; 21-03-2021, 10:03 AM.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning clear blue skies and warmth, this will never last lol, I've even connected up one of the auto openers on the greenhouse roof windows, never done that in March before. Stay safe all and enjoy your day.

Comment

• Am I the only one with drizzle then? Yep, my fault I know- I’d literally just cleaned the bedroom window That’ll teach me

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    It was a beautiful sunny day here so did lots of outdoor jobs.
                    Planting out, potting on, seed sowing and generally being busy.
                    Getting cool now and I I expect it will be cold as the sky is clear.
                    Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening the weather stayed sunny so i spent the day outdoors, plus I got my seed sowing and potting on up to date.

It soon dropped chilly when the sun went down though.
                      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 21-03-2021, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        It's clear skies and frosty this morning, a timely reminder to me not to be over eager to sow lots of seeds too early.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning mothawk and all
                          The sun's shining and there's a frost on the shed roof
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Another chilly night here but bright blue at the moment. Got a couple of days of this before it goes cloudy (but warmer at night).

Busy day today and tomorrow, but seed sowing will start on Wednesday when warmer nights start (no frost, at least). Have negotiated indoor accommodation for toms and the like with Mr Snoop. And other seeds should be OK overnight in the garage now.
                            Oh, and I'm telling two clients no new work for a bit, so will have a bit more time. So, it's up, up and away.

Hope you all have a lovely day. As per, help yourself to the bag of smiles. Amazing how far they go.

Comment

• Good Morning All Bright and cold here. WFH today and tomorrow, so I'm smiling Snoop. Have a good day All
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning a cold start to the day here as well, suns out now though so no more frost.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X