This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all

had a Docs appointment this morning so on the way back called at the plot to drop off five bags o 40 litre potting compost I got from Morries for a tenner. Seems like canny stuff and at that price is not to be missed. Also dropped off a load of cardboard as I am expecting a top up of cardboard from my daughter later today.
    Next doors plot has a big pile of old fencing lying where they have replaced the fence. I wil have to ask them whether they 'want rid' and if so bring my chainsaw down and chop the wood up for my woodburner at home. Every little helps.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

looks lovely outside but brrrr...flipping cold still!

Supper is cooked , daughter and baby chatted with , fresh water container for camper eventually decide on ( who knew there was such a choice!), porta potty delivered, as have bed slats. Exciting!

I’ve decided that once this next cold snap has gone I’m going to sow direct some plant seeds like nasturtiums in pots.
      Just need to go through my older veggie seeds, but it looks like I’ve too much choice again!

The frustrating thing is that my stunning, highly scented mirabelle tree is almost in full blossom, and yet again will be hit by frost. I can cover part of it but it’s too big to be considering managing more than that.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon Snadge!
        I’m doing well on ‘your’ diet...the weight is dropping off ( 5lbs since Monday!) , but I’m starting to freak out by early afternoon, so yesterday and today I decided to have one piece of fruit, so I hope that doesn’t disrupt it too much...we’ll see.
        Having only had the Covid vaccine a week ago, Idon’t want to stress my body too much!

Comment

• Prevening All First chance I've had to see you all today - couldn't access the site first thing. Looks as though you are all in fine fettle so that's good. I'm enjoying working from home in my own space. See you tomorrow
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Afternoon Snadge!
            I’m doing well on ‘your’ diet...the weight is dropping off ( 5lbs since Monday!) , but I’m starting to freak out by early afternoon, so yesterday and today I decided to have one piece of fruit, so I hope that doesn’t disrupt it too much...we’ll see.
            Having only had the Covid vaccine a week ago, Idon’t want to stress my body too much!
            Today was supposed to be my oven cooked chicken wings and steamed brocolli day, but I did't fancy that so had a full English instead. I was gutted I had no black pudding to go with it though.
            An up side of the diet is that it affects your insulin and blood pressure in a good way. I had my BP checked at the Doc's today and its close to normal wheres I was in heart attack territory previously. They took blood as well and as I was borderline diabetic I am hoping this will show a marked improvement also?
            Are you managing to drink a gallon of water a day Nicos? I can't and usually have no more than three litres.
            Stick with it, I am.
            I tried a 48 hour fast but won't be doing that again as I was very lethargic.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Happy to hear all of you who want to lose weight are hitting your goals. I really don't care for myself, but rarely eat more than one meal a day (apart from allotment grazing in Summer) anyway so don't have problems with my weight.
              Tomorrow I have (yet again) agreed to meet with the social service type "people" on behalf of an in-law. This presumes of course that they deign to turn up!!! I am getting annoyed now. Are all council employees morons and idiots?

Comment

• Evening, it turned out to be a good day here plenty of sunshine still cool with it. that a bit of sunshine makes all the difference.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Are you managing to drink a gallon of water a day Nicos? I can't and usually have no more than three litres.
                  About 6 pints . I’m happy with that cos it doesn’t look at all concentrated when it comes out again!

gf...I envy your ability to hold a good weight. I love eating, and OH loves cooking and baking even more than I do. Sometimes that’s not a blessing

I forgot to mention this morning that Hibou had brought me a wonderful snack during the night....a piece of tie plastic from the recycling bin bag. She must have pulled it off
                  Last edited by Nicos; 18-03-2021, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Morning all
                    Haven't been around for a while so thought I'd drop in and say hello. Nice to see lots of familiar faces plus some new ones.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

I'm sure your BP and sugar levels will have improved, Snadge, and I hope your doctor was impressed with your improvement.

Nicos, Hibou evidently doesn't approve of dieting!

Got an early grocery collection today - 8am
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin MH n’alln’all

Hope you’ve snuck in something yummy as an extra with that order !!!!

Apparently several areas in France are going into lockdown again tomorrow for 4 weeks.
                        We had planned to go and get some oak worksurface for the camper today in case our area was included (as the shop is outside our area. ) However...we’re not in the designated areas for lockdown...phew. So we don’t HAVE to go today after all.
                        So...we might go, we might not...

Anyone got plans for the weekend? No doubt more of the same for me.
                        I’m determined to finish off going through our seeds though by end of play on Sunday!

Comment

• Bones!
                          ​​​​​​​Hi...lovely to see you...what have you been up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            Bones!
                            Hi...lovely to see you...what have you been up to?
                            Same old, same old really. Spending plenty of time outdoors (and in the lotty shed), looking forward to the growing season ahead and the end of lockdown..

Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Cloudy here and due to get cloudier later today. Quite chilly too.

Loads and loads of work to get through. Really looking forward to the weekend...

Have a good day, everyone. Stay safe and well. And help yourself to the bag of smiles: Mr Bones is back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post

Same old, same old really. Spending plenty of time outdoors (and in the lotty shed), looking forward to the growing season ahead and the end of lockdown..
                                It’ll be great when the clocks go forwards this weekend won’t it?...yey !!!
                                Growing anything unusual this year?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X