Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those look great Snadge!Thanks for sharing.
    Love the herringbone idea and the theory behind the bed size too...an interesting video.

The 4 ft wide beds can be a stretch too far can’t they?. My main problem is more with my back and wrists so kneeling is fine for me , but stretching forwards and balancing on one arm are killers.
    I got around having narrow paths in parts of my potagers by using buckets for putting the weeds into rather than having the wheelbarrow to hand.

Not sure though if my back could cope with working astride and from above, but maybe this is a good prompt to think of reviewing the width of my beds too?
    Do keep us updated...it’s looking good!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Dark and cold, but dry this morning. Have a good day All
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.
        Might begin a bit of seed sowing today now we are halfway through March. Where have the days gone?
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning, everyone.

Another bright day ahead. Plenty of work to get through over the next few days. And then time to get back to gardening. Start sowing seeds and carry on with the weeding. Jolly times ahead.

Snadge, interesting to see your plot. Mine's a bit more regimented in long straight lines for watering purposes. But I've got narrow beds too, mostly around 50 to 60 cm. I started off at 4 feet but have gradually shrunk them down to this. Yes, I lose a bit more to paths, but well worth it, it makes life so much easier.

Hope you all have lovely days.

Comment

• Morning it looks like being a dry day here so I'll spend some time in the GH and garden later. I'll be going through my seed box check what needs to be sown.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Morning it looks like being a dry day here so I'll spend some time in the GH and garden later. I'll be going through my seed box check what needs to be sown.
              ^^^^^

Ditto for me Bren in every respect. Great minds!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I think I’m getting greenhouse envy again

Tis a very dull start to the day...cool, grey sky, chill breeze and look like it’s going to rain.
                Not a good day to kick start my diet...more of a coffee and slab of chocolate cake sort of morning

Off to buy in wood later, and maybe some hinges...what a treat

Comment

• Snadger... seeing as you so kindly showed me ‘yours’ I’ll show you ‘mine ‘ ( steady on ).... Click image for larger version  Name:	D3E97485-D8E5-4337-992A-96CB9AC92F12.jpeg Views:	33 Size:	165.8 KB ID:	2520129
                  Last edited by Nicos; 15-03-2021, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Good morning all. A little on the dull side but its dry and mild.
                    Another trip to the park this morni g and methinks I could give guided tours at this stage.
                    This park was owned by the Guinnesx family and has several follies built in it do it has its interests.
                    It also runs down to the coast so it's a walk along the sea and well.

Nicos, looks like your camper van is shaping up well and is bigger than I would have thought.

Snadgar love your artistic touches on the plot but alas I just have my back garden.

Have a good day all and enjoy it whate you're doing.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good to be back,there must’ve been some tech maintenance going on today,the page wouldn’t load. I’m off to have a read & then sow tomatoes have a good evening

Comment

• Yes no idea what happened to the forum, off for a while, still got a couple of jobs done lol.

Comment

• Afternoon I’ve been making newspapers pots in the GH. Thought I’d best make a big batch before my next lo lot of seed sowing.
                          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 15-03-2021, 06:02 PM.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all

Its been bright here today so that encouraged me to spend a couple of hours at the allotment.

Got loads done, as my back will testify. Managed to string out the beds and paths on the left side of the central path.These beds are square to the central path as the diagonal beds on the other side were 'complicated' to do. I may finish the herring-boning next year.

How many birth is your camper going to be Nicos? I have three children and when I used the campers I had to rig up beds in the roof area.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• It’s actually very tiny!...but it does look huge on that piccie.
                              Internal dimensions are 2.7m long, 1.6 m wide and 1.4m high
                              so just enough to fit in a pull out small double bed at the back and squeeze in a small bathroom/ kitchen area at the foot of the bed / behind the front seats.
                              When the bed folds away to form an L shaped bench, we can put up a table. There will be a small narrow cupboard along one side of the bed.
                              Last edited by Nicos; 16-03-2021, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Fine and warmer. Rushing. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X