Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking on Gas Snoop I've just made mince pies for the outlaw, can't get any more jars of mincemeat for love nor money. Also did 4 lbs of pastry for the freezer, she has an Apple pie almost weekly now, so I am always prepared. About to take in the washing, it's dry. It's supposed to be good weather here on Monday and Tuesday. Of course it is, I'll be at work.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all. A very breezy afternoon so the laundry was dry really quickly.
      I put up some protection for to shelter the sweet peas from the worst of the breeze.
      Spent some time rearranging my greenhouse to make the most of the space.
      all the geraniums I overwinter in the greenhouse are flowering.
      Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Getting into the swing of the clock change thanks to Mr Snoop who couldn't sleep. Going to be difficult tomorrow morning, as going on an early shop. To include bags of compost and some longish lengths of rebar for tomato and pea frames. But it'll mean leaving the house at what used to be 6.30 am. The dogs might have to wait for a walk till after we get back.

Anyway, interesting getting up so early as I got to see a very hard frost. So much for rising night-time temperatures. Anyway I shouldn't complain as this is par for the course, but our plum trees are now in blossom... Be interesting to see how much of that survives. The quince tree is still holding off from flowering at least.

Plenty to be keep me busy today, so better get at at. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning Snoop
          Enjoy your trip out.
          I'd rather your frost this morning, we have wind and rain.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning Snoop and CG and the rest of the the bunch Damp and dreary here. Have a lovely Sunday All
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh joy, I actually slept well last night. It has been raining here and is due to rain again soon but at the moment it is dry and grey. I've changed both the wall clocks and the cooker clock to British Summer Time this morning. I'm sure there's another non-automatic one skulking somewhere ready to catch me out.

Comment

• Morning its wet and windy here.

Snoop congrats on getting your Rangemaster they're lovely stoves there's seems to be lots of info on line about them and spare parts if you need them.

No real plans today won't be in the garden until the rain stops.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all Still very breezy out there but its dry,
                  Another day without any plans so it will be take it as it comes.
                  Have a good Sunday all,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, we had a nice trip to see family as our lockdown eased a bit, lovely to see the grandchildren. Cold and overcast here, but a chance it may brighten up later, might go and potter in the greenhouse for an hour, I will need to prepare for potting on tomato seedlings later in the week.

Comment

• Morning all.
                      The wind is very rough here. i've given up trying to keep the cloche in place, it tossed off two large pieces of clay pot to frolic down the garden, so I've locked it in the shed till it learns to behave less capriciously

GF, that last un-automatic clock is probably in the car
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon. Been on the rabbit poo run this morning (13 big bags) but too windy to get it into the compost bay today, it'll have to wait until tomorrow.
                        Sitting in the lotty shed now while a squaly shower passes.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

clocks sorted, apart from the cars.

been clacking away here with the old needles, making a hat for the baby ... whilst researching waste water container sizes and trying to draw up the camper kitchen dimensions. Nothing is square!!!!! I actually love planning things like this, so all this multitasking agrees with me. Good job the weather isn’t so great yet, cos once the wind drops and it warms up a tad I’ll be out there weeding etc.

Love the idea you have a rangemaster snoop!... brill find

Enjoy your day peeps - it’ll be Easter before the blink of an eye!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good decision with the cloche mothhawk I got fed up chasing my stuff round the garden and left it be. Hasn't moved since so I guess it's where the wind has decided it should be messy but less effort.

I don't look at clocks unless forced to but hoping all who do find life in the new time zone working properly.

Sun tried a brief appearance earlier and it is still windy so more Easter Eggs being made today. If the weather stays like this I might get some chocs made as well.

Stay safe everyone
                            East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

• Just got booted out again so probably won't be posting again today, take care all
                              East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

• Afternoon folks

Been a busy morning for me. Took dog on long walk then went shopping. Got pork, beef and lamb and gave OH a choice for dinner. It appears we are having lamb, with swede,parsnip,sprouts,butter beans and tatties (no tatties for me).

All three meet joints were roughly the same price but pork crackling joint was twice the size so I have chopped it in half and bunged it in freezer. The beef joint has a long date so will stay in the fridge and do for next Sunday's dinner.

Diets going well, I've dropped 2 stone and only have half a stone to go to get to my target weight.

Bit warmer today so may get some outside work done after dinner.

TTFN.
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X