This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant, Bren.

And what a great forum this is. I've learnt so much here and not just about gardening.

Comment

• Morning all, hope this finds you all well. Like everyone else getting really fed up! Going to be grandparents for the first time in 6 weeks time and it looks as though we are going to have to be virtual grandparents for who knows how long...so sad! So looking forward to when we can hug our families for real.
      Stay safe everyone. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Hello All, Hopefully all your weekends were productive. (mine was not... at all really)

I managed to get some shelf brackets sprayed ready to be put up today. but that's about all i actually got done!

Bit of a dull start this morning, especially compared to the glorious sunshine we had over the past couple of days.

Oh, Oh and i managed to do a trial of applying Gypsum to the lawn. Hopefully that will start to break up the clay a bit and improve drainage.
        i gave it a trial in a glass with some water and clay soil. i gave it a good mix up and it turned to almost like sand...

"Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Same thing for me Jay...but due in a couple of weeks.
          Doesnt make it any easier, but it's sort of comforting to know we must be one of thousands who might not get to see their grandchildren for many more months but just have to cope with it.
          I'd just like to be there to help out with domestics and hand out a few cuddles.....
          Last time I saw my daughter she wasn't even pregnant. Very sad.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• The new Mum's will miss you too, I am so sorry for you both. What awful times these are. Hope the vaccine wipes it out. On a lighter note, I have managed to get someone to take away the three single beds from the bedroom used in the past by my Golden Girls and I'll be able to use it as my office. Must admit to hugging the cuddly toys that remain. I'll try to be ruthless and throw them away
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening all.
              Did get out to the park but it was so muddy after all the rain.
              A bit of pottering and tidying in the garden and greenhouse.

Nicos and Jay, I feel sorry for you both missing out on the first weeks of your grandchild life.
              My situation is a sad one also.
              Grandson is now two and a half.He was used to coming I to my house and could reach the door handle.
              When my son comes for a drive by visit he cries when he cant come in and is too young to understand.
              I have cried so many times about this and seeing him so upset.
              Son insists on bringing him to visit ad he says it's all forgotten once they drive away.
              Such terrible sad times and no end in sight.
              I think everyone is suffering in some way or other.
              We can only hope and look to the future,

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I really feel for those with kids and grandkids that are to young to understand it must be really difficult seeing little ones upset and missing out on all those cuddles. My grandkids are taller than me so we can keep in contact by webchat, phone and text but even that's not the same.
                Difficult times for everyone xx
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Hibou seemed rather desperate to get out this morning.
                  Yesterday she spent literally hours playing with the mole hills in the garden
                  So much for me collecting it for mixing into my potting compost
                  No doubt there will be plenty more!
                  Not sure what today will bring but I can't think buying my first brew at the moment.

Thanks for your kind comments about not seeing family - there are so many of us struggling in so many different ways.
                  My sympathies to everyone else struggling xx

When I nipped into a shop on Thursday a woman wearing a mask stood two feet away blocking me behind my shopping trolley.
                  I quite loudly said "Madame!" To remind her about distancing and she just turned to me and stared.
                  She looked so lonely and her face lit up that someone had actually spoken to her.
                  Not an ideal situation as she just stood there smiling at me
                  . I think she could have done with a hug to be honest.
                  Who knows what traumas have affected others. Although I initially felt alarmed and angry she wasn't respecting other people's health, I actually felt incredibly sad for her having seen the emotion in her eyes.
                  Glad I gave her a nod and smile.
                  Last edited by Nicos; 02-02-2021, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Morning Nicos and all.

It's Candlemas, it's cloud and rain, Winter will not come again!

Got a grocery collection later. Why is it always raining when I have to pack the groceries out of the supermarket baskets into the car?
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Well it said we were going to get snow overnight and we most definitely have, a good four inches I'd say and still snowing. I've hopefully not GOT to go anywhere in a hurry today.
                      Nicos, I agree it is so sad to see so many lonely people, absolutely desperate for a contact with another human. In the first lockdown I used to see an old man walking his old dog daily and as he passed he used to look so sad. After a few days I started to wave to him as he passed and was rewarded with the biggest smile and a wave every day. I haven't seen him in the other two lockdowns and I frequently wonder what happened to him. Another old lady was, I'm pretty sure, breaking various items in her flat just to get a repairman round. I really hope that the vaccines make a difference soon

Comment

• Morning all.
                        More snaw, lots and lots of it this morning. Its snowing now and lots more forecast for today. I'm beginning to feel like an Eskimo.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning just a couple of inches of snow here but its the slushy kind that will soon go away , hopefully.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sorry if I don't respond to the above posts. Not that I'm not interested or don't care. I've just deleted a long paragraph about a situation I found quite distressing recently, but it's not very interesting to anyone else. Big hugs and Rary smiles all round.

Mr Snoop off into town for the day to do assorted jobs. Quite glad as I could do with some peace and quiet to get on with a job that requires a fair amount of concentration. Better get to it so it's out the way. Plus, much as being here on my own is a bit weird, one of his assorted jobs is to go to the post office, where my new toy awaits apparently. Tee hees of excitement on my part!

Have a good day, everyone. Chins up and stay safe and warm.

Comment

• Good Morning All We've had snow overnight too, about 3" , but I can hear it melting. The plan to remove the beds is well and truly scuppered. Have a good day All
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• New Toy Snoop?...sounds exciting!

We keep getting loads delivered here....I get all excited and ask OH what's been delivered....fuses self tapping screws
                                More sealant ....wouldn't it be lovely if he said "I've got you a little surprise!".... yeh - it'd most likely be something like a pot of Swarfega
                                Last edited by Nicos; 02-02-2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X