Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all,FF thanks for the laugh,one smart bird that,ref pencil sharpener blades,i doubt if you can get new ones,how would the blade stay in place if not screwed,glue would be no good,
    had a valuation on our home,is as we thought ,so plow on with the next bit of that jigsaw,eldest is waiting for the agent his end,to secure a more reasonable price,then we will get picked up and took over to see it for ourselves,hoping to find out if we have a buyer for ours over the week end,if not,then will instruct our agent to market it,he said what a lovely place we had,and should not hang around,it has 4 bedrooms,with plenty of space both sides and out the back for further expansion,and upwards on some of it,so lifes getting better,youngest is very quiet,apart from working on the motor,i just hope he realizes what position he is in,and stay on our good side,our lives begin,at almost 40 he has had every chance,we love him,but hate how he is,at the end of the day,it is about MR and me,a long standing friend came yesterday,a while after they got home i was rang,so see how i was,as they were worried about me,enjoy rest of the day and stay safe.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Oh dear, I have always renewed (changed) pencil sharpener blades. Just need a screwdriver and there is usually a spare inside the sharpener but replacements are surprisingly easy to come by.

Many years ago my family bought me an electric sharpener so now I have to change batteries as well! Please consider me eccentric but veer away from weird - thank you
      East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

• Evening, I loved the parrot post Flo

Although I have that desk sharpener I usually just grab a craft knife of my desk to sharpen pencils.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dark but not raining and feels warm. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning the suns out so I'll be in the garden once I've been to the supermarket.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• FF, that is hilarious. What a parrot! And potentially what an electricity bill, not to say a fire hazard.

NannyGreen, I think you're a woman after my own heart (and plenty of others here).

Yes, Bren, Mr Snoop also uses a knife, usually a kitchen knife though. And he often ends up breaking off the nice sharp point he's just made.

Due to be another sweltering hot day today and there's a bit of roofing repair work to be done. So better get on the case with that sharpish. Last time, Mr Snoop kept saying "ow!" When I asked why, he said it because the protective rubber was too hot to touch without burning his hand.

Other than that, more of the same for me. I'll be complaining in a few weeks if the work dries up, mind.

Catch you all later. Have a fun time today, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                Really love the parrot story Flo good chuckle there

Nanny green- you so fit in on this site!

We have a lovely calm start to the day weatherwise so I'm about to nip out and collect more French beans and courgette and collect windfalls.
                I'm onto the fourth washerload already now that I can get to the washing machine!!!

The study is nearly completely finished which is sooo uplifting -then we can crack on with the lounge/staircase/ landing.
                It has a lovely feel of feeling like things are finally coming together.
                I imagine that's how you must feel too now lottie?

Today I feel motivated enough to enter a Domestic Goddess award, but no doubt my energies will fade!!!!!

Best crack on!
                see ya later peeps...
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Loved the parrot story too reminded me of a parrot an aunt had that used to terrorise the dog, chastising him for all sorts in the aunt's voice. Who knew technology would offer new scope for mischief?
                  East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

• Morning all,cooler today,am still smiling about that parrot hehe,
                    That kind of heat snoop is draining,never mind about burning things,
                    Yes nicos,i have done some plans to a scale,from the mesurments supplied,that way i get a better idea of what it can look like,another idea came into my head ,i was looking online well gone midnight,at them roof lanterns for the flat extention roof,planed to be new dinning kitchen,all depends on money ext,and negotiations,if still available when we got a buyer,hope you all have a lovely day,stay safe andBgood2yselfs
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning, still cool up here, but that wind has gone, looks like we might get more rain, but I will hopefully get out with the shredder and remove some of the damage from the buddleia and soon be doing some autumnal trimming and tidying. Thankfully the newish autumn raspberries survived the storm, looks like a fair crop if I can beat the birds to them. Take care all and enjoy the day.

Comment

• Afternoon all.
                        Managed to get the lawn cut this morning before the rain started. Now it's bucketing down, and we need it, the ground is still dry when I get 6 inches down, it needs a sustained soak. Lots of domestics I should be doing, but I don't feel the least motivated ATM. Hey ho,there's always tomorrow!
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon it’s raining here as well Mothhawk got the washing dried, apples, raspberries, blackberries and beans picked so I’m happy with that.
                          Like you say there’s always tomorrow

Comment

• Prevening All Bucketing it down here too for the last half hour with no sign of stopping. Feels cold - I had the heating on for an hour last night so maybe more of the same today. Better get the grocery delivery put away and reorganize the freezer - Himself just bungs everything in. Enjoy your evening
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good night all.
                              What a miserable day.
                              Rained the whole day and it was cold as well.
                              Nothing to report other than domestics.
                              Hoping for a better day tomorrow.
                              Stay safe and take care.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Premornin n’alln’all

wide awake having been offered yet another mouse
                                Which was actually a vole. The sort which has been eating out potatoes.

My domestic goddess energies ran out mid afternoon Ah well.At least I got a lot of stuff done!

We had loads of really heavy rain but hot sunshine in between .We even had a chance to sit out at 7pm for a quick G&T before supper...and yet another heavy downpour.

Our grass needs cutting MH...not needed it for several weeks which as a lovely break.It takes about 3-5hrs to do it all depending on whether mulching or composting the cuttings.Big difference eh?!

Right...beauty sleep calls....let’s hope there are no more mice !
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X