X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ameno
    replied
    Lots of sowing and potting on today.

I potted on four chilli plants (the rest aren't big enough yet) and all 12 of my tomatoes.
    Potted up my three rooted sweet potato cuttings, and took four more cuttings.
    Potted up two sprouted sweet red pepper seeds, and two sprouted hibiscus seeds.
    Sowed spring onions, dill, and leeks.

Put the following seeds to pre-germinate on damp tissue:
    -16 Enorma runner beans
    -24 Spagna Bianco runner beans
    -16 Coco blanc French beans
    -10 winged beans
    -14 butter beans
    -14 Bijou mangetout
    -16 Swift sweetcorn
    -4 Defender courgette
    -6 Marina di Chioggia squash
    -4 Pink Banana squash
    -4 Galeux d’eysines squash

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Sown the last of my pre-chitted parsnips, planted newspaper module of lettuce into window boxes. Waiting for the rest to get a bigger before planting them into the beds they might survive the slugs a bit better then.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Sowed seeds this afternoon

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Lots of potting about today. Re sowing seeds, putting germinated tomatoes into compost.
    Fixed my shell bunting and put it back on the shed. Cold smoked some cheese & chillies.
    Showered the dog after he’d been ditch diving........again. Then cleaned the bathroom, that took a long time !!

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Dug out and sifted a dustbin-full of finished compost from my pallet bins. Went round the plot with the hoe, more as a pre-emptive strike than because of weedy need. Watered and fed everything in the greenhouse. Inspected the brassicas to see what harm had been done by the strong winds. Looks like I've lost 3 or 4 Tuscan black kale seedlings but luckily I have a few spares still in the tray. A coupe of the Calabrese look very sorry for themselves but fingers crossed that they recover as I have no spares. The cabbages don't look at all concerned, thank goodness.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Finished digging the strip of the big bed I was digging. It started out as half, but the strip got wider and wider as I worked my way down, so ended up more like two-thirds...
    A contractor strimmed the paths yesterday, so I raked up some of the grass and took it to line trenches for my squash.
    I also started edging the big bed with roof tiles, but didn't finish.

Now that I've finished that half of the digging, I'm going to take a few days off from allotment work and concentrate on garden jobs (like that damn cherry tree).

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
    I built a bug hotel
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]91114[/ATTACH]
    Love that Sp

Leave a comment:

• Can the Man
    replied
    I decided to take a 1/2 day from work today, so spent the afternoon with the rotovator breaking up the weeds and soil getting ready for spuds and sprouts and cabbage plants. Will do the same tomorrow and will harvest the last of my curly kale

Leave a comment:

• Can the Man
    replied
    I built a bug hotel
    Super job SP

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Planted out lettuce into window boxes, then more weeding and compost turning.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Took my new battery strimmer to the allotment today to strim the paths. It was a bit underpowered, but it did the job. The battery lasted a lot longer than expected, too - I was strimming for almost an hour, and it still had juice left when I finished.

Also did some more digging.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Talked to the fruit trees and admired their blossom.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    I built a bug hotel
    Nice one SP.

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    I built a bug hotel
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0B35CD83-8E74-44D4-A49D-0CAD11674FC2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	2386995

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Potted on my toms and 42 basil seedlings, all are now back on the window sills.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X