Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    New thread here :-

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...did-today-2021

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Today I planted all the garlic in the raised bed,in alphabetical order so I know what"™s where Then I took the last blowaway down & put it in the shed & moved the peach tree pot to where that was (next to the house in the most sheltered spot) & made a bubble wrap house with canes,pegs & string around it to protect from the rain,I"™ve also put some pots around it to help insulate it a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Today I worked out where to plant the garlic,I like it growing in the raised bed next to the apple tree,not sure how long ago I grew garlic in that bed,I think it was within three years so I dug out a load of soil & replaced it with buckets of compost I grew tomatoes in,including the fine roots & worms,then covered it with a bag of really old compost. Then it got dark & I thought our cat"™ll love this so I covered it all with metal shelving & sticks,its nice to have it ready. (I say raised bed but the corner posts have rotted & I've put tent pegs in to hold the front bit of wood up,it"™s really just wood decaying in a rectanglular shape ).

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good night all,
    Spent a large part of the day making more jam and jelly.
    A lot of space freed up now in the freezer.
    Nothing garden related as the weather was too wet and miserable.
    Take care all and stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Today I planted out a large eremurus robustus bulb that looks like a small octopus,our cat ran away when I was putting it on the ground,then later had a sniff & realised it was safe. Then I planted out a bag of red onions electric & covered them with metal shelving for protection.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Yesterday I took out my remaining Cuc, a couple of Toms that had finished and some of the basil plants from my GH.

Today I weeded the brassica cage and tidied up the plants, one of the sprouts needed staking.

Picked sweetpea pods for next years plants.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Today I went round mums & started thinning the bamboo round the pond so it stops trying to spread everywhere,apparently when it’s dense it sends out runners to look for moisture. There is a barrier in there but it’s popping up in the pond edging,there’s quite a bit of dried bamboo amongst it too so I’m taking that out too. There was a moorhen on the pond edge about two weeks ago,they usually nest nearby

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Yesterday I weeded the front garden & in the back garden I pulled out some old strawberry plants to start preparing the soil for onions,garlic & peas. Pulled up a few more tomato plants,there’s only about two plants out there now,deadheaded the dahlias & marigolds. I cut a couple of courgette & squash plants out,I leave a lot of roots in there for worm food. The grounds still a bit wet but it’s a relief to get out there after all that rain,hopefully be able to mow the lawn again soon,it’s grown so fast.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    It seems that there might be some sort of work still going on behind the scenes as we are noticing a few odd things still going on, it might well suit being here as it's not just about veggies is it?
    There a several threads that for some reason do not appear on the "new topics" page and are being left behind and not being noticed, I will try getting in touch with admin, but at the moment they seem to be busy somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    It definitely was. That's why I stopped posting in this topic. I didn't realise it had been moved; I thought it had simply been deleted for some reason.
    And now I'm wondering why it was moved in the first place, and also why the "What I intend to do" topic hasn't been, as surely either both or neither should be moved.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Agh, can't remember if I'm honest.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    But this is General Chitchat. Wasn't it in Vegging Out before?

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    It's not been moved, just no-one has posted on it, it's never been a sticky as those who use a mobile phone to access the forum find having too many stickies makes using the forum almost unusable.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Huh. This is where this topic disappeared to.
    Why was this one moved and not the "What I intend to do" one?

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Abit more of a tidy up, sawed some wood for the fire, cut up a load of wood for kindling, trimmed back the Ivy and Russian Vine on the bottom wall and filled up all of the bird feeders, having given them a good clean first, finished off with a walk round the village. Bumped into auld Tam, who was telling us how he keeps folk away, he's been making up jokes, he told us one and it worked, we legged it with him laughing his head off as we left.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X