X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happyhumph
    replied
    Bit of weeding but not much as have developed rsi in wrists, thumbs and elbows due to to much gardening finished making willow den for small humphs. Willow had been cut for quite a while but most looks ok so fingers crossed it grows....

Leave a comment:

• self-contained
    replied
    Trowelled out chunk after chunk of brick, granite, concrete etc, along with lots of broken glass. Did some watering of the containers.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    More digging.

Weeded around big blackcurrant. I need to mulch it, really, but I don't have anything I can use and can't really get hold of anything at the moment. I do have cardboard and sand. Maybe I could use those...

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Playing with herbs today.
    Sown some. Pricked out parsley curled, flat leaf parsley, basil & thyme.
    Tidied the herb bed and mint pots.

Leave a comment:

• reggietheveggie
    replied
    Made a mesh screen door for the greenhouse so OH can leave the door open when it's hot. (She's shorter than the average Hobbit and can't reach the roof vents.) Planted some more radishes to replace the ones that died last week because OH can't reach the roof vents... Planted some Rocket. Washed what seems like 1 million plant pots. Finished making a raised border for herbs just outside the kitchen window. Enjoyed a snooze in the warm sunshine in the garden with just birds, bees, and hoverflies for company.

Leave a comment:

• Mark_Riga
    replied
    Originally posted by Wellrottedmanure View Post
    Quite pleased with it 
    I've got 3 of those now. They started out last year as one big one about 16' x 5' but it was too cumbersome so, over winter, I split it into 3, 1 at 8' and 2 at 4'. Going to plant them out in next few days with carrots, swedes, turnips and radish which all seem to be ttacked by things. Last year I just grew carrots.

Leave a comment:

• Wellrottedmanure
    replied
    Built a brassica cage

Quite pleased with it 
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Weeding and digging
    Cleaned the pond out

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Moved recycling boxes around, planted Charlotte potatoes, weeded what will be parsnip bed, replanted more self sown parsley.

Leave a comment:

• Chestnut
    replied
    Bit of weeding and pulling bramble stumps out of a bit of rough ground, then covered in cardboard to suppress the rest. Made paper pots, sowed some kohl rabi, chard and spinach beet.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    More digging.
    Sowd some beetroot seeds.
    Cleared the bottom of the bed I am currently digging, which had become a bit of a dumping ground. There was a big pile of couch grass and other grass roots, which I have stuffed tight into a thick black sack, and I hope it it all die over the coming months, then I can compost it.

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Took chillies out to enjoy the sun in the tunnel.
    Tidied my sheds.

Before

Click image for larger version

Name:	C968AB2B-12F1-4029-8693-894DB6A39B59.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	402.0 KB
ID:	2386939

After

Name:	90444980-4D75-4474-BCEE-C46227EC50C1.jpeg
Size:	390.3 KB
ID:	2386940

Before

Name:	2CF460E0-4BD4-4655-B519-46FF68BD2260.jpeg
Size:	429.3 KB
ID:	2386941

After

Name:	00092F7E-BEA1-4D49-963B-F6119A6E7DBF.jpeg
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	2386942

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Planted my potatoes out. Repotted some strawberries. Finally got enough motivation to start cleaning out the greenhouse.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Planted out my beans...all 8 of them, District Nurse.
    Planted out my peas, Early Onward.
    Potted on my 2 squash.
    Potted on my 4 cucumbers.
    Potted up some lavender cuttings for gifts.
    Spent a lovely day in the garden.

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Planted another 90 strawberry (Framberry) plants through Mypex. Used my new favourite tool, the wheel hoe, to make furrows for my neighbour's potatoes and to break up a patch for some garlic cloves he gave me in return. Sifted home-made compost to mix with sifted soil for potting mix. Burnt a load of prunings and bindweed roots.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X