X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Moved my show pot leeks - variety Cumbrian up from 1ltr pots to 2 ltr. Also a variety I'm growing for a pal who is frightened his strain may die out. These up from small pots to ltr pots. Also half a dozen variety Betty Black up from 2ltr pots to 5ltr. Only 6 of these fortunately as I was starting to get alarmed at the speed my compost is disappearing.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Transplanted my white turnips into containers.
    Gave my tomatoes their first watering of Tomorite.
    Watered all the dahlia tubers, 13 out of 16 growing.
    Did some weeding and pottering
    A very funny day but a real cool breeze.

Leave a comment:

• bikermike
    replied
    I have been mostly strimming...
    And playing greenhouse tetris as things are starting to grow and not sit neatly in their trays...

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Pricking.out and potting on
    More weeding

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    More digging.

Mulched the big blackcurrant with cardboard, weighed down with sand, as it's all I have available right now.
    Last edited by ameno; 13-04-2020, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Can the Man
    replied
    I also planted out some petit pois and some regular peas. I dug out some sunflower seed out of the wild bird feed mix and planted them in modules

Leave a comment:

• Can the Man
    replied
    Planted out some chillies in my propogator, it’s been too cold up to this to try growing them from seed.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Cleared some past their best salad leaves from the GH beds into the chicken run.
    Planted 10 DFBs (Primel) seedlings in their place.
    Pricked out some tom seedlings into their next size pot. - Halina, Stupice, Black Cherry, Tasmanian Choc and Urban's Delight and brought them back into the house.
    Sunny but cold wind.

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Moved more seedlings into the little tunnel.
    Planted 2 more courgettes into a fish box.
    Planted my first lot of dwarf french beans.
    Helped Bob put a new lid on my compost bin. Both sides open again now.

Leave a comment:

• reggietheveggie
    replied
    Originally posted by MartinRSharpe View Post
    Slow but steady progress on the greenhouse relocation project. Still emptying the area of of the remnants of the collapsed building and whatever junk the previous owner had dumped in it. Taking a lot longer than I hoped.

Large blocks of stone removed from the area in a semi neat pile of about 2m x 2m x 0.5m.
    Small blocks of stone heading to the gabion cages to finish that project off
    None stone insert stuff (concrete, brick etc) filling in some of the pipe trenches etc. or will do some of the centres of the gabion cages.
    Lots of glass, some decomposing bulk sand bags, 2 disintegrating tires/wheels and what I think was a light fitting into the wheelie bin

Slowly getting there.....my back is currently not thanking me though!
    Had a similar day.

Spent half of it digging over the area where my potatoes will be planted, and courtesy of the previous owners of the house I found old bottles, lumps of concrete, and the remains of an Anderson Shelter

Spent the other half digging out behind the shed where a new seating area complete with pergola will be going, and as well as 1/4 of a ton of riddled topsoil, I found more bottles, some very odd shaped lumps of rusty iron, and a collection of small plastic dinosaurs

Also have an aching back, but plenty of single malt whisky is easing that
    Last edited by reggietheveggie; 12-04-2020, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out my gutter of peas, and my 7 tenderstem broccoli plants.
    Planted my maincrop potatoes.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Erected frame for my tall Telephone peas, weeded bed then sown pre-chitted parsnips.

Leave a comment:

• MartinRSharpe
    replied
    Slow but steady progress on the greenhouse relocation project. Still emptying the area of of the remnants of the collapsed building and whatever junk the previous owner had dumped in it. Taking a lot longer than I hoped.

Large blocks of stone removed from the area in a semi neat pile of about 2m x 2m x 0.5m.
    Small blocks of stone heading to the gabion cages to finish that project off
    None stone insert stuff (concrete, brick etc) filling in some of the pipe trenches etc. or will do some of the centres of the gabion cages.
    Lots of glass, some decomposing bulk sand bags, 2 disintegrating tires/wheels and what I think was a light fitting into the wheelie bin

Slowly getting there.....my back is currently not thanking me though!

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
    Bit of weeding but not much as have developed rsi in wrists, thumbs and elbows due to to much gardening finished making willow den for small humphs. Willow had been cut for quite a while but most looks ok so fingers crossed it grows....
    It will grow ..sounds great .

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Tended greenhouse flock
    Dug out some plants I'm moving with OHs help
    Weeding

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse