X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ameno
    replied
    More digging. The sun was far too hot.

Also a packet of poppy seeds I had in amongst the raspberries.

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Tunnel tidying.
    First seed tray juggling of the season.
    Filled 3 big tubs ready for courgettes.
    Dug over 2 beds.
    Filled 6 trays ready for seed sowing & pricking out.
    Another day out for the chilli babies ( lots of walking in and out with many, many trays of chillies in 1lt pots )

Leave a comment:

• .commander
    replied
    I dug over a bed and planted my onions.

I planted my broad beans out.

I watered a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Originally posted by Can the Man View Post
    Got a new battery for my tractor and started her up.
    Mine's living with a trickle charger plugged in full time. Just about manages to start it if it kicks first time. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a battery but I resent spending all that dosh for something that gets used about once a fortnight outside of hay time.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Did more digging. The big bed is just over a quarter done now. I'm running out of tubs to drown the weed roots in, though...

Also, I took my potted "blackcurrant" (it was an accidental cutting: I found a stem last year in a pile of debris which was rooting, so took it home and potted it up) up to the allotment with the intention of giving it away. On my way there, I noticed that it was in flower. "Hang on", I thought, "They don't look like blackcurrant flowers." I gave the leaves a sniff, too, and no smell of blackcurrants.
    Turns out it must have been a redcurrant. I don't have a redcurrant, so I decided to keep it. I planted it in the raspberry bed.

Leave a comment:

• Can the Man
    replied
    Got a new battery for my tractor and started her up.

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Planted out 16 Tuscan kale, 13 Calabrese and 32 Cabbage seedlings.

Did a general whizz round with the hoe.

Potted up 12 pre-germinated shop-bought butter beans and 3 yellow split peas. We've done well with butter beans in the past in a warm summer, so fingers are crossed on that one The yellow split peas are just for fun to see what they grow like.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Started the big weed out. A bed that I cleared in 2016 of elder. Took all plants out etc too. Now after 4yrs of problems ts never been touched I'm back at it (sort of) with help of OH to rid the moss and elder again. Hellish stuff.

Leave a comment:

• woodlouse
    replied
    Built a sectioned off box area, using spare laminate floor boards, to house comfrey for help feeding my chili plants. Sowed some wasabi rocket and watermelon radish, transplanted the first of my sugar snap peas; sat on a step and enjoyed a cup of tea in the sun.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
    ^^^^what do you do with tromboncino . I know what they look like . But taste?cooking/eating?
    You use them as courgettes. The taste is pretty similar.
    Although they're actually a different species to normal courgettes. Courgettes are Cucurbita pepo, same as pumpkins and summer squash, whereas tromboncino are Cucurbita moschata, same as butternut squash (which you can sort of tell from the shape).

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    ^^^^what do you do with tromboncino . I know what they look like . But taste?cooking/eating?

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Dug over the polytunnel bed.
    Set up the climbing frame ready for the tromboncino.
    Filled up the two fish boxes I put in the little tunnel yesterday with manure & homemade compost.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Took the sack of shreddings up to the allotment and put it in the compost bin.

Dig more digging. Progress is slow, but steady.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Sowed some sweet basil and lemonade basil, some oriental and spicy salad. Sat in GH witn a hot chocolate debating how i could weed with a leg brace on (i normally kneel ) .
    Found small side table we have used ouside and sat on that weeding.
    OH came with some claw hoe thing to help .

Leave a comment:

• Starch
    replied
    Finished erecting the shed this morning, need to get some felt for the roof, got OH ferns out of hibernation from F in laws summer house and transported to our garden,sowed a lot of bamboo for the allotment and re-potted 10 tomato plants that were getting pot bound.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X