X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teds Mum
    replied
    Planted all my potatoes today. My back will regret this tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Plot28 A&B
    replied
    Dug over our raised beds, edged the large bed (9metres) with decking board, laid foundation for greenhouse we are moving from our other smaller plot. My wife fed and fleeced the strawberries, mulched the blueberries with ericaceous compost planted out more seeds.

Mowed and strimmed the paths

Now I ache

NB: interesting watching who took precautions with the gate locks, gloves and gel everywhere but a lot of people just carried on as normal. Had a worrying email from the town council saying they may shut the plots.

Leave a comment:

• Can the Man
    replied
    sowed my first potatoes of the year in the poly tunnel raised beds. I’ve sown Nicola they are a second early and not due to be planted till April but that’s for outside so I’m taking a chance with them. I also dug some carrots from last year and they are still as sweet as ever. I topped my curly kaleto stop it going to seed, I might be to late though.
    General tidy up in the yard and got some turf and logs in.
    Cut the grass and cleaned down the ride on.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted some more onion sets (bought a second pack in Poundland yesterday).

Dug in some poultry manure and sand into the potato patch, then planted my first and second early potatoes (6 Homeguard, and 12 Kestrel). Maincrop will go in mid-ish April.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Sowed tomatoes, lettuce in modules, peas for shoots, and garland chrysanthemum.

Repotted my fig and my trifoliate orange. Tried to repot my blueberry, but discovered that it had been almost entirely devoured by vine weevil larvae.

Repotted two of my orchids. One of them wasn't even in its pot anymore: not one living root was inside the pot, they were all just growing out all over the place, including a couple over a foot long which had glued themselves to the windowsill.
    Last edited by ameno; 20-03-2020, 05:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Tattie plot turned over in readiness and lifted the last of the carrots for soup, cake and stews, added manure to the bed and covered with fleece. Last year I bought some green fleece instead of the usual white stuff, it was a similar price, but is thicker and seems to last a lot longer, now as long as it will compost eventually, that seems like good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Baldy
    replied
    bought some decent looking chilli plant strips and have installed them in the polyhousetunnelgreen thing

Leave a comment:

• Logunner
    replied
    180 pelleted carrot seeds sown, and 2 rows of arron pilot earlies.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    All onions and shallots are sitting in trays of compost in the blowaway.
    Loads more weeding and cutting back done.

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Pricked out aubergines, peppers and chillis in my lunch break. Sowed a row of Green Beauty Snow peas after work. Checked the temperature of the muck in my hotbed, still climbing nicely at a toasty 34 C today. Bought a pack of parsnip seeds (White Gem) to replace the miserable failure (but in date) Javelin. I've had good results in the past with White Gem so hopefully these won't let me down. I'm setting them to pre-germinate almost as I type this.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Went out and picked up a whole load of sand someone was giving away. Now I have another 150kg or so of sand for my allotment to help the clay soil.

While I was out, I also bought some tree stakes, and popped into B & Q to look at the plants. The had 20% off all outdoor plants, and I picked up a quite good looking Morello cherry for just £9.60.
    I did want to get a kumquat in Lidl, as they just got their citrus trees in, but they seemed to only have lemon and calamondin. I shall try the other Lidl in town, to see if they have kumquats there.
    Last edited by ameno; 19-03-2020, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Finally finished clearing bed 4. Put 5 barrow loads of manure on it. A little late, but last minute decision to use that bed. Pruned the herb plants that live at either end of bed 4.
    Took a big trug load of compost off my carrot bed ( or bath if I’m being factual ), replaced it with manure, mixed the trug full of compost with blood , fish & bone and put it back on the top. It felt very wrong, but as courgettes not carrots are going in there. It’s all good.

Leave a comment:

• bikermike
    replied
    As I'm working from home, I nipped to the plot at lunchtime and got my Desiree chits in.

only need to put my pink fir in and that's my spuds in for the year.

Moved a pallet to the plot to start a third bay on my compost heap.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Planted up my 6 Edzel Blue potatoes in a half barrel.
    Dug over the bed where I will be planting out my Sweetpeas.
    Did some weeding and digging.potted on the last of my peppers..

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Did loads of weeding and cutting back in the sunshine

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X