X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Rand
    replied
    Potted on some lemon savory, mint, chives and basil (3 varieties of that). I hope I didn't chill the basil too much when moving it around. It was looking a bit limp and floppy by late afternoon when I moved it to a warmer place.

watered No2 greenhouse's bed for the first time since last year, I'll plant some pak choi in it while I wait to put the tomatoes in.

Leave a comment:

• Gillykat
    replied
    Enjoyable three hours on the plot

Weeded & dug quarter of front bed which I fill with flowers every summer.

Cut back dead stalks of nettles from last year and unearthed my compost heap!

Used long battens of wood to temporarily mark out new paths & beds

Potted up 78 onion sets I got from plot neighbour (left at my gate for me to retrieve safely) ~ 56 red and 22 white. Not sure of variety but they looked like Wilko's bagged ones.

Back tomorrow as I'm now off work until this is all sorted...got confirmation from Big Boss yesterday in an email that we will still be getting 80% of our pay each pay day. I intend to get the allotment looking AWESOME with all this time off

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Did some more digging of the main bed today. Tons of horsetail removed.
    I measured my progress (with a piece of wood), and I've now done about one-twelth of the bed.

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Seed sowing
    Uncovered more bed and spread manure on them.
    Dug over 2 beds I uncovered yesterday.
    Add manure to 3 fish boxes.
    Worked out which chilli is going in which pot.
    Now I’m about to draw pretty pictures of where each chilli is going in the tunnel. Also rework my veggie planting plan as it seems to be expanding daily!
    ( well I can’t build a bl@@dy house for a good while so I might as well grow veggies)

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Not much done today.
    Planted up some mixed salad leaves.
    Watered my tomatoes and peppers.

Leave a comment:

• Logunner
    replied
    Planted 50 Boltardy beetroot

Then some digging just for the exercise..

Leave a comment:

• elsie-scot
    replied
    Keep forgetting to post on thread. Pricked our coriander, parsley, spring onions and leeks. Sowed lettuce, onion, broccolis Raab, salad leaves, cabbage and radish.

Leave a comment:

• bikermike
    replied
    Potted on my cucumbers and loofas
    Put more tomatoes in the heated propogator
    Planted beans, peas, sweetpeas, pattypan squash and parsley in the greenhouse. And some seeds that I have no idea what they are.

I also made myself despondent about being behind progress last year - until I realised I was reading 23 May, not 23 Mar...

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Seed sowing.
    Dug over one of the raised beds.
    Put manure on another bed.
    Uncovered another 2 beds. Hopefully to dry a little more overnight. Ready for digging tomorrow.
    Cleaning more plant labels.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rand
    replied
    Put some October sown perennial daisies in the flower bed now that they are trying to flower and I can see what colours they are likely to be. Grubbed up a few square feet of london pride to make room for some herbaceous potentillas and thrifts.
    Last edited by Mark Rand; 28-03-2020, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• muckdiva
    replied
    My sister in law passed away in January and the last two months have been spent clearing her house to hand the keys back to the landlord. She loved her garden and had asked us to keep some of her plants - today I finished re-planting about 20 or so in our own garden. It’ll be nice to see them bloom over the summer; a lovely memory of her.
    Last edited by muckdiva; 27-03-2020, 08:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Mulched my fruit trees and some of the fruit bushes with the scrap sheep's wool I got last year.

Tidied and tied into a support pole the goji berry. It's a lot more upright now.

Coppiced the last two willow trees at the allotment (the only two I didn't dig out last year).

Started digging the third big bed. It hasn't been dug in years, by the looks of it. I'm having to double dig it as the sub-soil is both poor (it's bright yellow) and full of horsetail roots. Thankfully, I decided to plant all of my tender crops in that bed this year, so I don't really need it ready to plant until the beginning of May.

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Finished cleaning chilli tunnel. Bob made me more labels so spent quite a while washing them ( there’s lots )
    Started pricking out some seedlings.

Leave a comment:

• Mark_Riga
    replied
    Checked the onion sets I planted a couple of weeks ago. Some just poking through - and showing pigeon damage. And a pigeon flew from a nearby tree as I was looking so covered crop with netting till a bit bigger. There seem to be more and more of the buggers in the area so may be shortage of food for them so will be trying to eat anything I plant.

I also planted out my main crop potatoes. The spot is crawling with couch grass so will probably need weeding twice while they are growing then hopefull clear the weed when harvested.

I also sowed some onion seeds, an old variety Lawrence D Hills recommended called up-to-date. I bit late but should have time to do something.

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Started cleaning my chilli tunnel. Bob made me some more big plant labels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	18450268-5EF2-494E-ABF4-CF60F8BED8D6.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	2386700

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X