X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Put peas and parsnips to chit, potted on toms, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, sprouts and assorted lettuce.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Emptied my garden compost bin, and mulched the rhubarb and soft fruit with it, then refilled the bin with the half-rotted contents of the "back-up" bin.
    Pruned the Japanese quince and one of the massive roses (damn things grow over 3 ft per year).
    Mulched all my fruit trees with the raw wool I picked up in December.

Potted on my tomato plants, potted up the second watermelon and cucumber seed, and sowed some cape gooseberries and tomatillos.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Nothing garden related . Too cold.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Planted out 48 sweetpeas today..
    That's half of the total.
    Put up supports for the other half and may plant these out tomorrow.
    Potted on my pot marigolds and zinnias.

Leave a comment:

• rary
    replied
    Potted on some tomatoes and a few marigolds, also howed a couple of beds and covered one with micromesh and placed a couple of poly cloches on the other

Leave a comment:

• Bex2012
    replied
    Evening all, hope everyone is well.

Life got in the way last year, so the allotment and garden both feel a bit neglected. However I have started sowing my seeds for this year and weeding and covering the raised beds at the plot. Ive put in six bags of spuds (just the first earlies), and have the rest to do next week. Still deciding if I'm going to grow them all in bags, or in the ground - I loath earthing up!

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Raked in FB&B and laid Mypex over the strawberry bed and replanted 90 plants, a mixture of Sweetheart and Framberry through the membrane. Gave them a good soaking and dropped the bird net hoops back over them.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Dig yet more digging.

Finished turning the compost bin.

Potted up one cucumber and one watermelon seed (the others need more time on the damp tissue), and potted up three rooted sweet potato cuttings.

Leave a comment:

• MartinRSharpe
    replied
    Weather outside was sideways rain this morning so retreated inside and filled up the space in the propagators with Calbrese, PS Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Strawberries, Melon & Watermelon.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate this evening.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Dug some more of the dig bed.

Started turning my big compost bin. I turfed it all out, and tomorrow I shall fork it back in again.
    It was a lot more rotted than I expected. At this rate, it should be pretty much done by mid-May, just in time for digging into the beds I'll be planting squash and beans in. I think the 30-odd kilos of coffee grounds I put in there must have sped things along.

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Put a strawberry into a hanging basket.
    Moved some sweet peppers out of the heated propagator. That had germinated over night.
    Sown a couple more seeds.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Potted on sunflowers and marigolds.

Leave a comment:

• Starch
    replied
    Finished moving old concrete chopped up from area where I sited the greenhouse now filling in the muddy ruts at entrance to allotment. Plus constructed new base for resisted shed from recycled pallets as the old one was rotten. Dull and slate grey today, might start putting up the shed.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• elsie-scot
    replied
    Moved rasps (autumn fruiting).

Slowly rejigging layout. A task I started last year. Aim is to have space sorted for a small poly tunnel but still be able to grow until we can afford it.

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Potted on courgettes & cucumbers.
    Uncovered more beds and spreading with manure. ( started the year planning on only using 2 beds & 1 1/2 tunnels. Now using 8 1/2 beds & all 3 tunnels).
    Emptied and cleaned old spud bags.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X