X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ameno
    replied
    Finished digging over and edging with roof tiles the half a small bed (the other half has broad beans in it) that I started a few days ago. Then I sowed a row of beetroot in it.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Hoed three beds and sowed seeds

Leave a comment:

• Gillykat
    replied
    Wednesday 25th March

2.5hrs self-isolating on the allotment

Potted up a few perennials that were getting a touch pot-bound

Cleared area behind polytunnel beds which always becomes a jungle of brambles & nettles in the summer. Dug out roots and put down weed membrane and moved all 5 water butts there.

Cut back last year's stems of Sedum and a few other perennials now that the overwintering insects are emerging.

Turned compost heap

Leave a comment:

• Can the Man
    replied
    Transplanted some lettuce plants, sowed carrots in raised bed, sowed beetroot, kale, cabbage, cauliflower seeds in modules. Watered the poly tunnel plants, need to find some space in the garden for planting out onion seedlings.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Potted up my oca tubers, as they were determined to sprout, even in the fridge.

Dug over my vegetable patch in the garden (so much easier to dig than the allotment), and planted the remaining onion sets for spring onions, as well as sowing some radish seeds and salad leaves.

Leave a comment:

• broadway
    replied
    21 strawberries planted at the allotment, first thing I've planted since I took if over last year

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied
    Mowed the lawn
    Cleaned some Asda black flower pots
    Trimmed my comfrey and started my first liquid feed for the year
    Tidied a couple of flower beds
    Turned my compost heap
    Covered my runner bean trench

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Dug out some nettles and scotch grass from under the wall.
    Clipped back the dead foliage on my lavender hedge.
    Dead headed the daffodils which have gone over already.
    Potted on some flowers plants, zinnia, nicotiana, nigella and lupins.

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Potted up a few more chillies into 1lt pots.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Dug out Another washing up bowl of dandelions from the lawn, emptied a compost bin on a bed then turned another. General weeding and 'removing ivy.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Tried to tidy up a bit, well as far as I could within my power! Lean to greenhouse has about had it, but cleared the debris anyway. Recycled some compost and filled some modules ready to sow. Tired now so seed box out to decide what to grow

Leave a comment:

• Mark_Riga
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonjour View Post
    After work, sowed a whole pack of 56 Sweet Corn "Incredible". Some for us, some for the kids, and a 24 module tray of Lakeland lettuce.
    I grew those sweetcorn 2 years ago and they did really well. Both me and the mice loved them and you do get a lot of seeds in the packet for sweetcorn. I'll be growing them again this year but a bit early for me to sow them just yet.
    The farmer is still muckspreading the field next to us (doesn't smell too much) beforee he sows his maize for animal feed.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Did lots of small jobs today.
    Planted my black raspberry and dwarf mulberry.
    Used the last bag of spent hops (can't get any more for a while, sadly) to mulch them, and some other soft fruit.
    Weeded around the akebias.
    Dug over a strip to plant my peas in later.
    Started digging, and edging with roof tiles, one of the small beds, where I plan to plant my carrots.

Also, I bought some Violet Queen potatoes (blue ones) from Tesco last week, and they were so tasty I've decided to try and grow the last five, so I've given them a good wash and put them somewhere light and warm to chit.
    Some sources say they are second early, others an early maincrop. We shall see.

Leave a comment:

• Can the Man
    replied
    I repotted brussel sprouts plants from modules into individual pots to develop further before I plant them out, also did some cauliflower plants. I have another module tray with what I thought was cabbage but I suspect might be brussel sprouts again, though I don’t remember planting 2 module trays.
    I also need to plant out some onion plants I have grown from seed. The last lot I planted out are doing fantastic in an outdoor raised bed

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    After work, sowed a whole pack of 56 Sweet Corn "Incredible". Some for us, some for the kids, and a 24 module tray of Lakeland lettuce.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X