X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chestnut
    replied
    ^^^^I didn’t do any evening digging, but went for a walk round the block after work.
    We live about half a mile from the edge of town, so depending which way we turn out of the front door, can have pavements and streetlights (=winter route), or country lanes (=summer routes) .
    Always lovely getting back to the summer routes ;-)

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Just did a couple hours evening digging. The big bed is now one-seventh done.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Can I book you for.next week ?

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
    ^^^^ very busy
    Keeping busy is all that's keeping me sane at the moment. Of-topic, I finished decorating a bedroom too!

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    ^^^^ very busy

Leave a comment:

• Bonjour
    replied
    We are on day 7 of lockdown here in Alderney. During that time I've had a massive tidy up of the back garden. It's not usually my department, my wife is Head of Flowers and Shrubs, my department is the allotment for fruit and veg. However, there was a winter's wort and more of neglect to deal with and plenty of time on my hands, so It got done. I'm saving emptying the pond and thinning out the pond planting for next week. sowed a load of out-of-date flower seeds in trays in the greenhouse and crossed my fingers they are still viable.

On the lottie, I've chitted seed and planted parsnips and sown a shortish row of Rubino spinach. I'll sow more spinach at intervals for continuity. Weeded most of my fruit bush area, just a patch to do that has loads of volunteer Framberry plants that will need saving as I weed. Finished forking over the roots patch.

In the greenhouse I've multi-sown spring onions and I'm commuting all the tender stuff, cucumbers, sweet potato, courgettes, watermelon, tomatoes, peppers, chilis and aubergines back and forth from the house each day.

Indoors in the propagator I've sown extra courgette plants to give to son and daughter and Crown Prince blue pumpkins. my sweet potato cuttings have formed roots and are now potted up and back in the propagator for a while before joining the "commuters".

Leave a comment:

• broadway
    replied
    Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
    I went to the allotment today and weeded half the big bed, so approx 4x4 meters. It took about an hour and I bent the fork. Again.
    This is how it looked before:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]90797[/ATTACH]

After the weeding, I sowed parsnips, carrots, radish, mooli, beetroot, onions leeks and salad onion:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]90798[/ATTACH]
    Good job Sarriss, I can see the dog supervising

Sorry dogs, didn't see the little fella at first
    Last edited by broadway; 31-03-2020, 03:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Potted salad bowl lettuce into newspaper pots.

Leave a comment:

• Logunner
    replied
    Created bay 4 & 5 or my compost area.
    Replaced bench in shed ( old bench is now as above )
    Tidied shed, boy did it need it...
    Dug and rotovated pea and bean bed
    Set up 2x8’ pea frames
    Potted 30 various cabbage seeds and 24 various Kale seeds.
    Kelvedon wonder peas in to soak.

Leave a comment:

• MeFeinMcCabe
    replied
    Planted out some potatoes and onions.

Doubled up one of my raised beds and used an old walkin greenhouse cover to act as frost protection and to keep the birds and cats out

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Tidied the greenhouse.
    Cleaned the glass.
    Stacked all the pots by size.
    I was going really well until I dropped a tray of flower seedlings.
    Spent the rest of the evening potting them up.
    Just been out to the greenhouse and fleeced everything.

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Seed sowing
    Pricking out & potting on
    Dug over beds.
    Covered some beds uncovered other.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Dug some more of the main bed. I reckon I'm up to one-ninth finished by now.
    The sub-soil is a really weird sort of clay sand. It's bright yellow, and when it's damp, it crumbles into fine particles really easily (not at all sticky), but when it dries it sets like rock.
    Also dug a little of one of the smaller beds. Much, much easier going (the soil is better, less compacted, and far fewer weed roots).

When I got home, I potted up my melon seeds.
    Last edited by ameno; 30-03-2020, 06:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SarrissUK
    replied
    I went to the allotment today and weeded half the big bed, so approx 4x4 meters. It took about an hour and I bent the fork. Again.
    This is how it looked before:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200330_112818_copy_756x1008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	426.2 KB
ID:	2386754

After the weeding, I sowed parsnips, carrots, radish, mooli, beetroot, onions leeks and salad onion:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200330_142159_746_copy_720x720.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	343.2 KB
ID:	2386755

Leave a comment:

• bikermike
    replied
    yesterday was compost moving - three wheelie bins emptied into the heap (each about half full), and two beds covered with stuff from the done bin.

Also picked some sproutings from my broccoli and some rhubarb. The small person joined me in eating the sproutings fresh of the plant!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X