• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anyone do this?

+2

Dave Hoskins2 hrs

HELP PLEASE
    My Dad Ron Hoskins Aged 89 is a well respected Bee Keeper in the uk
    He has been selective breeding Bees that are able to cope with Varroa Mite kills millions of bees world wide
    This has taken over 20 yrs of research and breeding
    He Keeps his Bees at
    Stanton Fitzwarren by Highworth I’m sure many of you have seen them up there
    On Monday 16th some low life’s Burnt down his Sheds Greenhouse etc and kicked over a lot of his Bee Hives doing Thousands of pounds worth of damage This included Generators Microscopic Equipment over 20 Bee Suits for Training future bee keepers and so much more. The chances are these people would probably smelt of smoke and got stung by the bees
    My poor old Dad is Absolutely Devastated
    Any info would be much Appreciated
    If you know anyone that Smelled of Smoke or has been stung by bees in last couple of Days Please do the right thing
    Please PM me with any info Thanks

+2
    Last edited by JanieB; 18-03-2020, 01:17 PM.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• The things people do beggar belief sometimes. Someone killed off some bee colonies near me. It's an environmental crime.

Comment

• That's just appalling Janie

Why???...just why????
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• What is wrong with some people???
          So sad.

Comment

• No words can ever cover that kind off thing,may karma reap her rewards with avengance
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mindless vandalism why would anyone do this don't they realise how much we need bees.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• That post of Janie's just highlights how idiots don't care about anything, what way do the think, if they think
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, the day started with some showers but by one o clock it had dried up so I got some wood sawed, and this evening I was in the greenhouse where I sowed marigolds and some lettuce and cover all the seedlings with fleece as it is now frosty. Well it's supposed to be dry tomorrow so might get some gardening done, oh and it's also our wedding anniversary but unfortunately I won't be able to take OH out for a meal and of course I wasn't able to buy a card as they were further in than the newpapers and I didn't want to waite in a queue, as it would have meant I would need to part with money so there you are every cloud has a silver lining Goodnight
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I went to Lidl for some compost this evening. Pretty quiet, but a good job I wasn't after food as there were lots of empty shelves. Unfortunately, the bags of compost had been out in the rain and the bags I bought must have been at least twice the weight of the bags I picked up a couple of weeks ago. I managed to squeeze one into my rucksack (the added water had also caused it to have a larger volume so this was easier said than done) and one into a bag for life, but the latter's handle promptly tore in two. So there I was, bodily lugging my compost home while anyone seeing me pass by must have thought I was laden with additions to some mammoth food hoard. All I want to do is grow some veg!

Comment

• Good Morning All Fine weather. Have a good day All and stay safe
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I can't get yeast so going to look out the sour dough thread
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all,dry out,for some reason i hardly slept last night,could not settle,was having a cake snack and a drink at 2 am,i finally drifted of until just after 6 am,MR sleeps like a log,expect i will be spark out later,why is it things keep crawling into your head and have a rave up,at the wrong time,have a good day,see U later.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                            Yet another lovely sunny start to the day with no frost!
                            Loads more gardening hopefully today.
                            See ya later peeps...keep safe

Comment

• Morning we have sunshine hopefully it will stop like it plenty to do in the garden. and laundry to dry.

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                              I can't get yeast so going to look out the sour dough thread
                              I love the taste of sourdough Flo and its much more forgiving than baking with yeast, my problem just now is flour there just isn't any on the shelves. I used my last yesterday so it will be store bought bread until the panic buying is over with.

Happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs Rary
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Gosh!...nearly forgot to say that to rary too!
                                Have a lovely day -whatever you do

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X