X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening all.
    It turned out to be a lovely sunny day.
    We went to the park which was packed with people.
    It was very sad to see the playground closed down.
    Took a lovely drive around the coast later and then home.
    Did a bit in the garden and now watching the news which is very depressing right now.
    Have a good evening all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Dry up to now. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornings!

Patchy bits of blue sky so far and forecast is for a sunny day. Best get to the plot and get something done while I can, before the Gov says I shouldn't go out (prob by the end of the week? )
        I need to get the onions planted out and some potatoes in, if I have time.After that it'll just be what I can cram into the garden, I suppose

Have a good'un

Comment

• So, grey and windy here but the forecast rain has reduced. Thank goodness. Generator currently generating electricity for us, but at the cost of petrol.

Better get today's show on the road rather than go all doomsday-ish. Quicker I get the work out the way, the quicker I can get gardening.

Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Well....looks like we're in for a long wait for our staircase...the workshop making it has closed down for the next few weeks

My 92 yr old mom has weekly Chemo and still lives at home and is flatly refusing to stay indoors. She's mobile enough still to get to the shops as she lives in a town centre with M&S as her corner shop....she's getting angry when I ask her to be very careful -I've even offered to do shopping on line for her but she is insulted.
            There must be thousands like her refusing to change their lifestyles

On a lighter note -looks like we're in for a few days of dry weather so hopefully we can get the lawns/lush field of a garden cut

Diet going well too!

Keep safe everyone!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Bright and sunny but it's cold.
              Domestics and gardening are the order of the day.
              My daughter got my shopping last night, not because I am unable.
              She was just concerned for us keeping away from the crowds.
              Stay safe all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon (just missed morning) a dry but cold day greenhouse was down at 0c overnight, OH is back in bed as she was doing a lot of coughing overnight, it's not the virus as it's definitely not a dry cough it's, as I said yesterday a slight relaps of the health problem she has had since December though we will be avoiding close contact with others, I sympathise with those who have elderly relatives who possibly don't accept the need for greater care, I know our daughter is on the phone more regularly just to talk, but the first question is where are you, followed by, do you need anything and we aren't t old (VC please note) now off to make lunch, keep safe and if isolating keep in touch with others
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all, been busy in the garden avoiding contact with folk, I think we might just get the tidiest garden we have ever had this year if the coffin dodgers quarantine hits lol.

Comment

• Prevening All Busy day today cancelling all but the most urgent patients. A lot not turning up for their appointments anyway. The doctors will conduct telephone consultations instead of face to face. Very few meetings, but there were too many anyway! Hope you're all doing well
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                      Afternoon all, been busy in the garden avoiding contact with folk, I think we might just get the tidiest garden we have ever had this year if the coffin dodgers quarantine hits lol.
                      Reservoir trout fishing from 22nd, you can't get any more bleak and desolate than that. Can't wait.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• My Daughter has just recently opened a Deli at great expense. She was worried about the Cono virus affecting her trade.

Luckily she runs a delivery service through 'Just Eat' and what is usually a quiet Monday has turned into a manic Monday with deliveries.
                        I can only put this down to people not wanting to go out and instead eating in.

Take care folks.
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good evening all.
                          It's a very worrying time for us all.Rary, sorry to hear Mrs Rary is unwell.

My daughter is closing her coffee shop and sandwich bar after tomorrow.

My son had closed his Barbers shop so they are both now without an income.

How quickly things change.l

Take care all and stay safe.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                            Good evening all.
                            It's a very worrying time for us all.Rary, sorry to hear Mrs Rary is unwell.

My daughter is closing her coffee shop and sandwich bar after tomorrow.

My son had closed his Barbers shop so they are both now without an income.

How quickly things change.l

Take care all and stay safe.
                            That's awful for your Son and Daughter bramble.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• evening all.

Commisserations to all with health and business worries. Things are really starting to get serious and I'm not ashamed to say I'm fearful of what may yet come as I've suffered with chesty problems all my adult life. Fingers crossed all will be ok though.

The shops situation is manic. Even the fresh meat shelves totally sold out in our local Asda today.

Our trip to Normany in June seems likely to be doomed. Ferry co. says they are still sailing but with restaurants closing their doors it's making things impossible. Our hotels are all cancellable without cost up to 14 days beforehand so we have time to sort that aspect. Ferry will not refund but will offer reusable vouchers if we cancel but we're hopeful that our travel policy will sort that out.

Comment

• Evening all. Sorry to hear about Mrs Rary. All starting to go into lock down here as well. Various children's activities being cancelled plus my weekly adult ballet (no need to laugh at the image of heftyhumph in a tutu ).

Various online and church groups set up in the local area to keep an eye on people and help out if needed. Speaking to all my customers about what we'll do, fortunately I can do my work outside without coming into contact with them. My nephew has it, he's only 8 though, and while feeling grotty with cough and temperature is sitting up playing computer games quite happily. They're all self isolating, brother in law has taken to making bread every day!

On the plus side I have a bucket of leeks in my car from a customer who can't eat all hers they'd started throwing up flower spikes and also dividing which is interesting.

Keep safe everyone.
                                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X