This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornings!
    Sunny first thing this morning, but already beginning to cloud over.

Like many of you - decisions to be made, my son, daughter and g.children usually visit me on Mothering Sunday, but I'm wondering whether to tell them not to come this year. I suppose it would be better if they didn't, all in all

Nicos good luck with the Fast 800 It's still working for me, if a little slower as I relax the restrictions a little.

Have a good'un

Comment

• Good mornig all.
      A mild pleasant morning here.
      Off for a walk in the park.

Like a lot of peeps on here we are also in the senior age group.
      Daughter and her children working and schooling from home.
      My son is a barber and has 6 staff, self employed and feels he is in limbo at the moment.
      The grandkids are being discouraged from visiting us.
      Pitch and putt closed until further notice.
      Church groups of 100 or over discouraged and seniors encouraged to stay home.
      We also cancelled our holiday.
      It all feels surreal.
      Stay safe all and take care of each other.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,good luck with your diets ladies,snoop,thanks for the heads up about the hernia thing,same here,as well as,smell and powder things,yes even the icing sugar from last weeks cake,iritate my sinus,i am NOT going to panic about it all,have had enough of that one,with other things,just be aware and take care where needed,got to go the farm,get the girls some more pellets,and a quick 1 around costco,plus is fairy day,sees you all later,join me in being good2ourselvs
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all. Its very SAD out there, the wind has went down but the ground is saturated and its freezing and raining.

Its starting to get to me now so roll on the summer. OH has COPD and is on oxygen so this Covid thingy is quite worrying for her. I am an auld fart myself but usually don't get colds and I've had the flu jab, so I'm relatively unworried about it all.
          Got my youngest Son and family visiting from afar tomorrow so got a beef joint to serve them and I can probably gather some veg from the allotment.

It will be nice to get out as I am starting to get stir crazy.

Take care folks.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Afternoon All. Bit of a weird old day for me today. Missing my furry pal a lot again, I'm looking after a spaniel puppy right now for 4 weeks and although she's cute she's also a massive pain in the bum. She's not doing anything wrong, she's just being a puppy but it's really bringing it home how good my boy was. I'm sure she'll grow into a well behaved, well trained dog but I miss being able to have my lad off leash just calmly walking by my side and always being beside me when I was in the garden etc. I know life is a continuously moving beast but I do sometimes wish I could freeze frame bits of it.

Anyway, there's been a wee break in the weather today so I've been moving planters around. The pup seems to think I'm doing it for her benefit and I'm setting up some sort of puppy dig box. I have no clue how I'm going to keep her away from them. Maybe I'll sit at the window with a supersoaker. *whistles innocently*.

Have a good afternoon.

Comment

• That's all the grass cut, need a lie down now and some eyelid inspection lol.

Comment

• Managed an hour of weeding the gravel by the back door
                I even took my jacket off at one point...until it clouded over and suddenly bécame very chilly!
                At least all my spuds are chitting away!
                Last edited by Nicos; 13-03-2020, 04:58 PM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening!

I'm off the diet waggon again. (Banged off a stone in about a month)

I just cant get under 17st..

I can feel some fishing coming on for tomorrow..

Also the dog not being allowed on the sofa lasted less than 3 weeks..
                  <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Well done with the diet Captn
                    Maybe try holding the weight for a few weeks and then have another go when the weather warms up a bit?
                    Good luck with the fishing...and the sofa

Comment

• I'm still around 4st down on where I was so it's not all doom and gloom..

I wont catch anything tomorrow, theres 75 odd fish in 150acres of water but it'll be good to be out!

..and as for no puppies being allowed on the sofa..
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200313_215806_copy_1512x2016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	716.2 KB
ID:	2386553
                      Attached Files
                      <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                        Gosh the garden looks stunning this morning!
                        Lush green grass, daffs everywhere (glad I went bonkers a few years ago and planted loads of bags of bulbs everywhere) and the magnolia is almost in full flower. Beautiful in the early morning glow .
                        Time to clean up the patio me thinks!

Hope everyone is doing OK?
                        Enjoy the peace and calm Captn

See you all later....croissants and coffee everyone?

Comment

• Morning all!
                          Thanks but no thanks Nicos, I'm still not eating until 11 am, so I'll stick with my lemon tea.
                          Slept though from 11 - 7am Lovely, I don't often do that so feel groggy this morning, so it might take a while for me to make any sense...

It's a grey, rainy morning - so the nice weather lady told lies last night Yes, it is quite mild but it's wall to wall gloom, rather than the blue skies between showers, she spoke about * grumble grump*

All of which means - it's domestics/baking for me today *sigh*

Have a good weekend, whatever you're up to

Comment

• Good Morning All Gloomy weather here. Housework beckons. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright blue here at the moment, but Mr Snoop getting us sorted for the next 10 cm of rain due to fall Monday and Tuesday. The fields are still a marshland from the last lot.

Not much other news. Spain in a tizz over coronavirus. Everyone fleeing Madrid and heading for the beaches, where the bars and restaurants are pleased to see them but the hospitals, elderly and mayors are not.

Anyway, plenty to keep me occupied for the next few weeks while we are in what is officially termed a 'state of alarm', meaning the government can stop travel, requisition goods, tell companies what to manufacture and so on. Let's hope they keep dog biscuits on the list of essentials.

Right, on with show. Have a good day everyone, whatever you're up to.

Edited to add: Lovely photo, Cptn. Mr Snoop assured me our (supposedly only) dog would be an outdoors dog. I knew it wouldn't last. First night she was here, she was shut in a room of her own upstairs. In the night, she dug a hole through the wall and when we woke up she was at the top of the stairs, squeaking away because she couldn't get down. Mr Snoop claimed he hadn't slept a wink and that she'd just have to sleep with us thereafter.
                              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-03-2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Good morning, hope everyone is well.
                                Sun is shining here but it's to rain later.
                                Nowhere to go today so I will be out in the garden.
                                All my daffodils are putting on a great show this year.

Full Irish here Nicos, our treat on Saturday and Sunday morning.
                                Have a good day all and stay safe and well.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X