X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening n'all.
    Been a crazy day.
    Very strange to see people with gloves and covered faces in the shops.
    I went out to buy some onions and get our repeat prescriptions.
    Glad I did cos we have full lockdown as from midday tomorrow. Leaving the house will require a permit with a fine of up to €130 without one
    It like a scene from a sci-fi movie.
    We got a text message on our phones giving a government link as to why and how this is happening too.

Just as we were going to bed I asked OH if our petrol cans were full for our lawn mowers . Nope!
    So off he went to fill them up. No doubt there will be queues for petrol in the morning.

Keep safe peeps...this may happen to you soon too.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Have a good day and stay safe
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornings!

It's all getting a bit worrying isn't it

On the plots the few people there were there, were saying (from a safe distance) that they will carry on working their plots for the exercise - we're never near anyone else and the site access isn't on a busy road/pavement - so easy to keep a safe distance. I'll just be using my disposable gloves to touch the site locks cos that's the dodgy bit, me thinks Anyway, I got quite a lot done yesterday, and going back again today, while the weather looks fair

Have a good'un and take care.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
          Lovely and sunny start to the day...birds are singing their little hearts out

However...we've had a heavy frost...just as the plum tree blossoms are opening

It was clearly hard enough to kill them off as the magnolia flowers are already brown.
          Pah!

Rary...hope your Mrs improves quickly -she's gone through enough already -as have you xxx

Think I'll go and pick some bunches of daffs to put around the house -so pretty!

See ya later peeps...

Comment

• Good morning all.
            What a strange day.
            Should be going to mass and then watching the parade.
            ST. Patrick's day and everything is closed down..

No rush here now on the supermarkets and shelves are well stocked.
            A lot of the stores are having senior citizens shopping from 9 until 11 which is a great idea.
            The place is like a ghost town as people are now getting scared..

Take care all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Happy St Patrick's Day Bramble!
              Think I might just have a Guinness to celebrate with you (after all I'm 1/8 Irish! ..Dublin...)...

Comment

• One good thing about being in lockdown is the Spanish builders who've been working on our neighbour's holiday house seven days a week, with a huge noisy & smelly digger just metres away from out terrace made a dash for the border this morning. Now all is quiet!

And no visitors means no real need to do the house work

But seriously it is worrying times - stay healthy everyone, wash those mitts and keep away from each other.
                Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Afternoon all. Off to collect children from school. School has closed after school clubs, introduced staggered lunchtimes, and children not allowed to touch on the playground, so no football or rugby. Youngest will be upset as scouting UK has cancelled all meetings as of today, although resources to work towards badges at home are going to be put online.

Mr. HH school already has some staff self isolating, and over 300 pupils didn't go in yesterday. Don't know how much longer schools can continue as more staff self isolate.

On a positive not I got compost for seeds and some seed potatoes today.
                  Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Afternoon all,had a very full weekend,had son and family from out of town visit,that made 4 generations under 1 roof,was lovely to see the GGboys playing with gradpops games,and him joining in with the rope toss and bean bag games with them,i made cake ext,granddaughter said,my chocolate cake is famuse,really,the trouble is,the powdery ingredients get up my snout and upset my chest .
                    All we can do is stay safe as we can,even the post office have advised all postmen,no contact with peeps,the bell rang,he left a small parcel on the door front,stepped back to the pathway,then tolled me why,you cannot blame them,as they have families,and we can still get our post ext,so all is good that direction so far,i wonder if MR will have his brain scan cancelled for a week on friday,i pitty the peeps that work within the benefits offices,they will be over run with extra work,what a headache to sort out,for peeps self isolating ext,ext,on top of the everyday stuff,lets be good 2 each other and ourselves.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening All.
                      My brother told me that he'd seen his first face mask on the street - actually it was in L1dl. Apparently, in his words "There was a little old lady wearing a facemask that kept slipping down and she was constantly readjusting it. When she reached the checkout, her speech was so muffled, that the checkout operator couldn't understand a word she said!"

.........and, before rary says something, it wasn't me.

Hope you're all surviving, who knows what the next load of restrictions will bring?

Remember............

Click image for larger version

Name:	tomorrow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	2386604

Comment

• Really sorry to hear about Mrs Rary, Rary. Hope she manages to make a speedy recovery this time.

All quiet on this front. Weather hasn't been quite as wet as forecast but wet enough. More due starting Sunday. Till then, just chilly.

Got everything we need for the next couple of weeks (except courgette and tom seeds). Plus we've got the sniffles so self-isolating in the very unlikely event it does prove to be something else.

Catch you later, guys. Have a nice evening.

Comment

• I made myself a sausage and tomato sandwich for my lunch. I've seen it before but wasn't expecting it now but some of the seeds had germinated and were growing inside the tomato. I'm very tempted to grow them on and see how they turn out.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Rary liked a post,
                            Rary liked a post
                            rary liked a post.....................and it was mine.

Nicos, lottie dolly, Aberdeenplotter and 3 others like this.
                            Thelma Sanders, rary, happyhumph

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	2386628
                            Last edited by veggiechicken; 17-03-2020, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              Evening All.
                              My brother told me that he'd seen his first face mask on the street - actually it was in L1dl. Apparently, in his words "There was a little old lady wearing a facemask that kept slipping down and she was constantly readjusting it. When she reached the checkout, her speech was so muffled, that the checkout operator couldn't understand a word she said!"

.........and, before rary says something, it wasn't me.

Hope you're all surviving, who knows what the next load of restrictions will bring?

Remember............

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90585[/ATTACH]
                              What makes you think that I would say anything

Now what I think, well,
                              Before you say anything I know I put a like to you post, that was for the attachment as yes we have to believe in tomorrow
                              Last edited by rary; 17-03-2020, 10:35 PM.
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• You're giving "Likes" again, aren't you?
                                There's enough grumpiness in the world to go round without you joining in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X