Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleased to hear your mum is still on the go VC . My better half's dad is too. He's 94, totally blind and now in a care home and although wheel chair bound he's doing well. He was on the fishing trawlers during his working life and was shot at during the cod wars. Got caught up in the nets on one occasion and hauled overboard. Was rescued after his crucifix reflected in a torch searching for him. He has a fund of stories (often repeated) which keeps his co residents entertained. Importantly, he's still got all his marbles unlike many of the others in the home.
    Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 10-12-2019, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks Ap. They don't make oldies that last like they used to.
      She's 99 and very deaf. Has carers 4 times a day. My brother or I go there on alternate days to give her lunch and check on her. We always have a laugh together.

Comment

Unfortunately were finding we are the oldies now VC. I don't know how that snuck up on us. Must ask Rary, he should know cos he's been old longest

Comment

You and I will never be old, Ap
          Rary, however,........... he's older than old.

Comment

Evening Oldies!

I'm still coughing like a trooper.. I've had to buy a bottle of Lidl Speyside single malt for medicinal purposes of course..

Aside from that, a good day at work!

Are there any other kind..?
            <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Do you drink it or rub it on, Capt?

Comment

Dessert spoonful of honey, a few good glugs of whisky and both mixed together in a mug of boiling water. Almost worth just getting a cold for (but not for rubbing on )
                Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 10-12-2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Do you drink it or rub it on, Capt?

Only a couple on a school night, its drinkable, not as nice as the Tesco Finest speyside BUT it is about £8 cheaper!
                  <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

I have some honey fermented garlic (2 year vintage) that is amazing at warding off illnesses.. trouble is the OH doesn't talk to me for several days after I've opened the jar.. not sure if that's a blessing in disguise though!?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190826_224820-2268x3024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	2385842Click image for larger version

Name:	20190826_224851-2268x3024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	2385843
                    <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Evening all, I’m not good company tonight came home early from work feeling crook and still feeling sorry for myself

Comment

we need a sympathy/empathy emoji

Comment

Originally posted by Can the Man View Post
                          Evening all, I’m not good company tonight came home early from work feeling crook and still feeling sorry for myself
                          You need some of the Captn's Kill or cure potions.
                          Can, have you lived in Oz?

Comment

Good Morning All I'd better run for a few hours today according to the new food labelling Cold again. Have a good day
                            Last edited by Florence Fennel; 11-12-2019, 05:48 AM.
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Morning All

+4° and a starry sky but more rain forecast for later

Not too sure what todays plan is but the OH was muttering something about town last night!

Have a happy and warm Wednesday
                              Last edited by Greenleaves; 11-12-2019, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Mornin n'alln'all
                                More DIY clearing up today plus I ' accidentally' bought some wool yesterday from the bin end shop and decided to knit my daughter a snood for Xmas.
                                I managed to knit it yesterday evening but had forgotten how to cast off using a stretchy stitch.
                                Anyway...I finally found one method on YouTube so I'll hopefully get that finished today and posted tomorrow.
                                Knitting a funny thing....I watched a few videos and realised that there are several ways of holding the needles and wool !....cor blimey...some of them look quite complicated!!!
                                Hats off ( no pun intended) to those knitters out there!

We bought the tree yesterday so hopefully will get that up and running by this evening. We always have a bottle of cheap fizz and play crimble music whilst doing it...can't see why this year should be any different

Tea anyone?
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X